11 - Acquerello

My Fat Heart Belongs to You

 

-Yunji’s POV-

I tackled Minhyuk oppa into a hug.

He and I were best friends since birth. Our fathers were best friends as well. You get the picture.

At first we weren’t civil. I thought of him as the annoying little squirt that can’t stop talking, and he thought of me as a self-centered brat who gets everything she wants. We became friends after he bought me food as a peace offering.

We did everything together. We used to have sleepovers all the time. Have Mr. Lee (our driver, not his father) drive us to Lotte World and accompany us. Then we’d play at local arcades or play video games at the mini theater in my house.

Eleven years ago, he had to move away to America, because his father had to work at one of my father’s side companies. I was miserable, since I was still trying to get over the death of my mother, and he was there to accompany me, and hold me in his arms when my father wasn’t home, and we’d have sleepovers. He was like an older brother to me, even if he’s only a few months older.

“Oppa, I missed you,” I whispered, still savoring his hug. His touch felt so familiar, and it made me go back to the old years.

“I missed you too, my princess,” he said and let go from my hug.

He studied me head to toe. I probably looked stupid. I didn’t take a shower yet after the workout, so my clothes were sticky from my sweat, and my hair was in a messy, tangled up bun.

I was getting uncomfortable with the silence and the way he was studying me.

“Do I have something on my face?” I said awkwardly, waving my hands in front of his face so he could speak… or at least get him off of his trance.

He smiled. “You changed a lot, Jiji. You’ve grown tons, and you have glasses now.”

I scoffed. “You shouldn’t be talking! Look at you! I thought you were some kind of model or something.”

I wasn’t afraid to speak what was on my mind whenever I was around oppa. But I felt my cheeks grew hot once the word spewed out of my tongue.

Minhyuk pinched my cheeks. “Aigoo, you’re so cute. Go wash up, I’m taking you out to a fancy dinner, so we could catch up. Wear something nice yet comfortable.”

“Does appa know?”

He nodded. “I called him earlier. He said he was going to be working late anyways.”

I smiled. “I’ll be right back. Feel free to do whatever, you know my house,” I quickly flung myself to the bathroom.
After a quick shower, to get my icky body liquid off me, I dried my hair, and curled the tips. I put on a light makeup, and then put my contacts on. I changed to a peach chiffon dress. It was formal, yet not-so formal.

“I’m ready,” I said while I put on my matching doll shoes.

“You look lovely as always,” He held out his arm and I gladly wrapped my arm around it. We walked to his BMW that was parked outside the gates.

Once we were inside, I asked, “Where are we going?”

“Acquerello,” he said.

My eyes widened. “You mean the Italian restaurant we would eat in when we were little? And we’d always be with Mr. Lee?”

He laughed. Oh how I remember that laugh. But of course, it was a lot deeper and manly. His voice was squeaky as a mouse and it was hella annoying. “Of course.”

“Then I’m excited,” I giggled and started to bounce up and down my chair.

 

-Woohyun’s POV-

“Son, we’re going to eat somewhere. Get dressed,” umma called.

“Ne,” I said on the other line and hung up.
I showered and dressed in a suit. Every time we would go out to eat, it had to be a fancy restaurant. My suit was a lot bigger, now that I lost a couple of pounds. I had to call one of our helpers at home to grab a suit smaller in less than thirty minutes.

“Son, are you ready?” Appa called from downstairs.

I went down with Minah. She was wearing a cute floral dress and her hair was in pig tails. She had a bow clip on. She looked absolutely adorable.

“What’s the occasion?” I asked. We rarely go out, so it was weird to have them randomly tell me that we were going to eat somewhere.

“Nothing,” umma smiled. “I wanted to have some family bonding time through dinner.”

“Yay!” Minah cheered. “Where are we going to eat, umma?”

“Acquerello,” she replied. 

 


So here's another quick little update for you guys! 
it's currently 2 am where I am right now, and I have school tomorrow. ;-; i will regret this but whatever.
I took a two hour nap so I am currently wide awake.

Comment is appreciated <3 
Until the next update (which will be soon)