17 - Meeting New People

My Fat Heart Belongs to You

- Woohyun's POV -

4 months and 30 days til Yunji comes back. 

And let me tell you, I was sulking. I repeat... sulking. 

The night on the day she left, I skipped school. I felt miserable, and it had only been only five hours since she left. u g h. 

I decided to get rid of my thoughts by jogging. 

Ha. That didn't help. 

I couldn't help but think how lonely I was without Yunji beside me running, laughing, singing along to her precious Boyfriend.

What to do, what to do... 

"Basketball it is," I said to myself as I found a basketball lying around in the mansion. 

As I was dribbling my basketball, I noticed there were people on the park's basketball court already. 

I was about to turn, when one of them said, "Hyung! You don't have to go. Come play with us," the younger one said. He was pretty, like a girl. 

I blinked at him. "Are you sure?" 

"Ne, hyung. My ankle is sore, and my team doesn't have a replacement. You want to play?" the pretty one said, pouting, using his aegyo at me. "Chebal?"

I ruffled his hair. "Alright, then."

"I'm Lee Sungjong," he said, taking his hand out for me to shake. I gladly shook it. 

"I'm Nam Woohyun," I grinned. 

"I know, hyung," Sungjong smiled. "Come meet my team."

"Hyungs! I brought a replacement!" he yelled. The guys spotted us, and they all smiled. I realized... they were Infinite!

"You play?" the one in purple said. 

I nodded. I was intimidated by them. They were popular while I was... at the bottom of the food chain. 

"Alright, let's see how good you are. I'm Lee Howon. I prefer Hoya," he said. I didn't see him as a smiling person, but he actually did. 

The older looking one with Brock eyes walked towards me. "I'm Kim Sunggyu."

"Nice to meet you," I smiled.

The rest introduced themselves to me. The tall looking giraffe with the gummy smile was Sungyeol. The guy who had the funniest, contagious laugh was Dongwoo. Last but not least was the always-straight-face-glare-at-you-secretly-judging-you was Myungsoo. But he prefers to be called L. 

"Are you ready to play?" Hoya said, almost shoving the basketball at me. He was on the opposing team with Sunggyu and Sungyeol.

"Bring it on," I said. I was with L and Dongwoo. 

Sungjong became the referee, and we played for two hours. The opposing team won with only one point ahead. I'd say I did a pretty good job blocking Brock eyes. 

"GG," Hoya said, and we shook hands. 

We all rested on the court. 

"You should play with us everyday, hyung!" Sungjong beamed earning a flick on the forehead by Sunggyu. 

"What was that for, hyung?" Sungjong pouted, rubbing his forehead.

"You only want him to play because you don't want to play," Sunggyu said. 

Sungjong smiled. "That's the point."

We all laughed. 

When everyone stopped laughing, Sungjong asked once again, "You in, hyung?"

I smiled tugged on my lips. "Of course."

I actually made friends with THE INFINITE. 

And besides. basketball was exercise... and maybe, just maybe. I could take my mind off of Yunji. 

I wondered how she was doing. 

 

 

 

 

- Yunji's POV -

I couldn't stop thinking about Woohyun's hug. Oh dear. Stupid heart, he's in love with Seoyeon, remember?

"Four months and thirty days, in counting," I sighed. I was staying in one of those condominiums, and Oxford was walking distance. Thank goodness. 

And I thank my cook, who is American, taught me English. I won't at least feel lost in this country. 

"Jina, I'm fine. I got here safely," I said over the phone. 

"Good. I miss you already." I could imagine her pouting.

"I miss you too! Are the twins with you?"

"Yeah! I'll give my phone to them. Hold up," she said. 

"YUNJI. WE MISS YOU ALREADY. COME BACK SOON!" the twins said in unison.

"Gee, MY EARS ARE ABOUT TO FALL OFF. THANK YOU VERY MUCH," I yelled back at them. I could hear the three laughing. 

"Well, I'm sure you're tired. We'll call you everyday."

"Alright. Love you guys! I'll buy souveniers."

"We love you too!" They all said in unison. Then I shut my phone.

While unpacking, there was a knock on the door. I slowly opened the door, and I found a petite girl a few inches shorter than me smiling.

"Uh, hello?" I said in English. She looked Korean to me, but I wasn't sure. 

"Annyeong, unni. I'm your roommate," she said in Korean. Oh, okay. Didn't need English for now. 

I gave her a questioning look. "Oh, uh, come in?"

I seriously have to say things without making it into a question. 

She made her way in our(?) room. 

"Was I supposed to have a roommate?" I asked her. 

She nodded. She stood under the door way as she was waiting for me to do something. 

"Uhhhh."

"Unni, do you not remember me at all?" She pouted. 

I quickly scanned her. Nope, not a clue.

I shook my head slowly to a no. 

"It's me, Hanul. Kang Hanul."

Kang... who's Kang? What?

"I'm sorry, but have I met you?" I was so confused. 

She sighed. "Oh, unni. Kang Hanul. You tutored me in elementary. And look at me now, I'm with you in London."

"I did?" I was trying to recall who she was. 

Hanul reached into her little bag. "Look," she said handing me a photograph. It was me and her. 

NOW I REMEMBER. 

"HANUL?"

"Yes, unni."

"I BARELY RECOGNIZED YOU. YOU'VE GROWN SO MUCH. AND YOU'RE HERE!" I practically shrieked. Normally I wouldn't be the shrieking type of girl. And I tackled her into a hug.

"Unni! I was about to cry when you couldn't recognize me," she pouted. I squeezed her cheeks.

Kang Hanul was only two years younger than me. She moved schools because her parents could no longer pay for the tuition. She had to go to a low paying school.

"I'm so sorry. You've changed a lot!" I scanned her once more. 

"You too, unni. I mean you have these." She touched my glasses. 

I chuckled at her. "What are you doing here?"

"Same as you. Got accepted. But I have a scholarship. My teachers at my school recommended me. Then poof, I received a letter saying I was accepted to study a bit at Oxford!" 

I beamed. "Roomies!"


So yeah another update because I felt like it (: 
Hope ya'll like it. Thanks for the birthday wishes you guys <3 I had an amazing birthday! 

 

Comment, subscribe, Enjoy! XOXO