06 - Seafood

My Fat Heart Belongs to You

 

-Yunji’s POV-

I had a fabulous time with Woohyun and his little sister. Woohyun cared so much for her sister, looking out for her. It was absolutely adorable.

I loved the fact the Woohyun said yes to my offer. I guess I could’ve made a better excuse, but it was true, I also needed help with my fitness. Running to him for a few feet caused me to wheeze. I probably looked stupid in front of him.

I came home to find Rina and my father holding hands. They were dressed up. Rina was wearing a red dress that hugged her body. She looked perfect, but her dress was short. Like I said before, she definitely looks like a e. My dad was wearing his usual attire, tie and suit.

I felt hurt. My father came home early and spends time with his girlfriend but not me?

Wow, appa, I totally appreciate the love here.
Really…

“Where are you guys going?” I asked casually.

My dad grinned. “Dress up, kiddo. We’re going to go eat somewhere. Have a little bonding time, and so you could get to learn more about Rina.”

 

Ha, very funny. I already know tons about Rina. She’s a up devil that only cares about her and money.

But I couldn’t decline the offer. I knew my dad was happy. He called me, kiddo, which he happened to stop calling me once my mother died.

I guess I didn’t mind. If he was happy, so was I.

Almost halfway up the stairs, Rina called out, “Take your glasses off too, I got you contacts.”

I heard my father say, “How nice of you to look out for her.”

“Anything to do for my future step-daughter,” she said.

In your dreams Rina, my father will never propose to you. I just need to show him your true side. Maybe he’d consider dumping you.

I muttered a curse under my breath and stepped in my closet. I had tons of dresses. All were gifts and were chosen by my maid. I hated dresses and wish to tear them up. But it wouldn’t be nice.

I stepped in a white floral dress and put on my dress shoes. I paired it with a cardigan since I knew it was going to be cold. I took my glasses off. I didn’t want to argue with Rina, so might as well just go with it. I put on light makeup, the usual makeup I wear to company parties. I’d always have to look nice every time I was with my father. I took my purse and my contacts, just in case.

I met appa and Rina in the car and Rina handed me the contacts she bought for me. My stomach churned. Some voice in my head told me not to put them on, but I shrugged it off.

I should have listened to that voice.

My eyes stung. I felt like my eyes had jalapenos on them. And if my eyes were cut, it feels as if lemon juice was squirted in my eye.

 

I was going to be blind.

Well, almost. I could see Rina’s smirk. She did this to me.

I couldn’t ruin my father’s outing. , it hurt like hell.

Blink.

Blink.

Just keep blinking.

Finally, my eyes began to water and I could see clearly now the rain is gone.
(More like my eyesight).

I rubbed my eyes, and it did not sting as much anymore. What the hell did Rina do with these contacts? It came from hell.

We reached the restaurant, and we sat down.

My eyes probably became crimson red, since my dad asked, “What happened to you?”


“I had stuff in my eyes,” I lied.

Appa laughed, “You’re not high right?”
 

I rolled my eyes… more like if I could roll my eyes. “Sure, I was appa. I’ll be in lady’s room. If the waiter comes, order for me. Thank you and Excuse me.”

I scooted my chair back and headed to the restroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were bloodshot red. No wonder my dad asked if I looked high. It looked like I smoked weed or something.

I switched my contacts with the ones I had.

Much better.

I made my way to the table, and I could tell they already ordered. All we had to do, was just sit there… and make some conversations.

Great.

“So kiddo, how was school?” Appa smiled.

“The usual,” I said. I never told him that I would get bullied or any of that matter. I didn’t want him to get involved. “I aced all my tests and quizzes.”

My dad clapped lightly. “That’s my daughter.”

The table was in silence. Not really. Rina was flirting with my dad, while I tried to occupy myself with the folded napkins and the utensils and constant drinking water from the wine glass. Way better than looking at my dad and Rina get all mushy with each other. YUCK.

The food finally came, and I see my dad ordered pasta for me.

I stuffed the food in my mouth. Yum.

“Rina ordered for you,” my dad said.

“She did?”

My eyes bulged out of my sockets. And I knew something was wrong with the food. I started to cough and I felt my throat on fire.

Did I happen to mention I am allergic to shellfish?

“What is this?” I croaked.

“It’s seafood pasta,” Rina said.

That explains it.

I couldn’t breathe anymore.

I felt like the air was getting out of me. 
My throat was burning, and I could feel my airway closing.

This was the second time I felt like dying at the same day. 

My dad was in panic, telling everyone near us to call the ambulance.

The last thing I saw was Rina smiling deviously at me, when everything turned to oblivion.