18 - London Bridge is Falling Down

My Fat Heart Belongs to You

Yunji's POV

"I got this. I can do this," I took a breath. Even if I knew someone, going to a new school scared me. Foreign faces were seen everywhere. 

"Unni, let's go," Hanul nudged my arm and pulled me to our class. 

We headed inside a typical looking classroom, the teacher beaming at us upon our arrival. 

"You may seat wherever you'd like," she implied at the empty seats near the front. Since I woke up late, Hanul and I were last few people to come in. 

I bowed to my teacher. And she bowed back. 

"Hello, class I'm--" our teacher was about to say, but was interrupted with the burst of the door. 

"Sorry I'm late. My apologies," the guy said. He was absolutely wow stunning. I can't.

The teacher smiled anyways. "It's alright. Please be prompt next time. Take a seat."

"I am Mrs. Clark. Mrs. C will do," she introduced. Mrs. Clark had huge eyes and blonde hair. I was thinking that she was at least in her mid 30s. 

The only empty seat was near the window, which was also next to mine. The pretty boy is sitting next to me. 

"So before we start, I would like groups of four. Must be two lads, and two girls. Begin."

I imeddiately caught the pretty boy smiling at me. 

"Groupies?" He asked. 

"Sure."

It ended up being me, Hanul, pretty boy, and the dino looking boy.

"Now, class. Introduce yourselves to your groupmates, because they will be your group for discussions of literature, arts, and mathematics. I will only teach you the lesson for half the class hour, and the other half is discussion and doing homework within your group. I will also assign a Shakespearean scene from any of his plays, and it will be your final at the end of the semester. All these grades will be college credit, and also adds to your highschool grades," she explained in one breath. 

I thought I was running out of breath with the way she spoke. And I wasn't even the one speaking. It was fast paced.

"Begin."

I first nudged Hanul. 

She beamed at our two classmates. "Hello, I'm Kang Hanul from Korea."

"Go unni," she nudged back.

I cleared my throat. "I'm Bom Yunji from Korea. Nice to meet you."

The dino guy went next. "I'm Kim Jonghyun from Korea," He grinned.

Pretty boy started to speak, "I'm Kim Jong Dae from Korea, but you can call me Chen."

Hanul chuckled lightly. "So we're all from Korea. Annyeong," she cutely waved. I had the urge to squeeze her cheeks. 

"So did you all introduce yourselves? Great. We're starting with something fun for this year's workshop. And that is... going to the London bridge and riding the London Eye," she beamed. 

Everyone got excited. There were cheers heard from the whole room.

"Ah, but here's the catch. All of you must go to there with your group... without my help. There will be a starting point, and your destination is the London Bridge. You have to be there at 1400. It is currently 0900 so you have at least 5 hours." (A/N: 1400 =  1:00 pm and 0900 = 9:00 am)

Everyone groaned in response. 

"1400? Military time, really?" I groaned. 

"Here are your maps and compasses. You may ask anyone in the streets where the destination is. For some of you, if you can't speak English that well, good luck. You may not use your GPS on your phone, but you may call for services. The first one there will get an A in the first group test. The rest will get Bs," she said. "Now pack up. You have ten minutes til the bus leaves to our starting point. I will release you there, and you are all on your own."

Hanul and I rushed to our dorm room and grabbed whatever we needed. We had five hours. We could do some sightseeing, right?

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Where are we?" Chen scratched his head. Mrs. Clark didn't explain to us that not everyone started at the same point. 

We all shook our heads. How are we going to find our place?

I spun around to see if anyone was there to ask. No one was to be seen. We were walking for at least an hour and found a mini cafe. An old man was inside, sitting by his lonesome.

"Uh, good morning," I bowed.

He looked at me, his eyes filled with sadness. 

"Good morning, young lady. Do you need my help?" he asked in a soft tone. 

I was about to nod, but I couldn't help but deeply stare at his brown eyes. I felt pain and depression inside me.

"I do, sir. But more importantly, do you need help?"

He managed to give me a smile. "I show a lot, don't I?"

My groupies stood next to me and watched what I was doing.

I nodded. 

"It's my wife's death anniversary. We used to go here a lot. Actually, she sat at the seat you are sitting now."

I immediately stood up from my seat.

"No, no, you may sit there. Keep me company for now."

I couldn't say not to the old man. Hanul, Chen, and Jonghyun all looked at me. They were eager to go to the London Bridge. 

I told them to wait for a minute and just sit at a table, while I talk to the old man.

I smiled at the old man. "I am Yunji."

"Call me, Chet."

The whole time, he shared stories of what he and his wife used to do. They didn't have a child because his husband had a closed womb. Their adventures were worth telling, that I must say. 

"You know, if Rennie and I had a child, she'd be like you."

I blushed at the old man's statement. "Thank you."

Chet must have noticed my friends looks so he asked, "Do you have anywhere to go to?"

"Actually, yes. I wanted to know where the London Bridge is. We have to be there in at least three hours. It's part of our class project thing."

The old man beamed. "Why didn't you say so? I'll drive you guys there."

My eyes widened. "Really?"

Chet obliged. "Of course! You stayed here listening to my boring ol' stories."

I giggled. "I actually loved them."

"Even better! Now tell your friends to meet me up at the parking lot." He stood from his seat and went to his little black car.

I approached my friends.

They groaned. "Gee, what took you so long?"

"You guys," I rolled my eyes, "The old man needed company. He seemed lonely."

"But we have to go to the London Bridge first!"

I gave them a smile. "That's why I'm here. Chet is actually giving us a ride there."

"Bwo?" All their eyes almost fell out of their sockets.

"Let's go!" I dragged them.

Chet drove us to our destination. I gave him a hug, and he bid us goodbye. 

No one was there, yet. Even Mrs. Clark wasn't there.

"Now what? We have three hours. What do we do?" Hanul asked, looking at the river.

I grinned. "Sight see for an hour?"

Hanul smiled. "Heck yeah. But we can't get lost."

"We won't be far."

As I was walking, Chen stood next to me. 

"You were awesome," he complimented.

I rose a brow. "Really?"

"I mean... You did that out of curtesy, and you got us a ride. We got here first. There was not any team participation, but without you, we couldn't have done it," he grinned at me.

"Thanks, Chen."

Hanul and Jonghyun were talking behind us about who knows what. 

"So... what do you think of London so far?" Chen asked.

I looked around. "I don't know. I haven't seen much of it. I really want to go back to Seoul though. It's only been day one, and I'm already homesick."

"I feel you. I want to go back as well. I miss my friends. Heck, I even miss school."

"What school do you go to?" I wondered.

"SM Academy," he replied.

"Wow, it's a great school."

"How about you?"

"Woolim High."

"That's a great school too."

"I know," I smiled.

Chen and I talked tons during the sightseeing. He told me about his family, his hobbies, his talents. I did too, and I thought he was a pretty great guy. We took pictures together as if we were longtime friends.

"We got this. We have four months and twenty-nine days til we head back," Chen smiled.

"I can't wait."
 


Hey Hey Hey you guys (:
I am back! 
Finally it's summer here. ;-; ugh I was so done with school. 
But yey! summer means more updates... i hope. hopefully writer's block won't attack me.

Hope you guys liked this chapter. 
Don't worry. She'll go back to Seoul soon. 
Saranghaee<3

Check out my new Luhan Fic (: HEREXOXO