04 - The Bet

My Fat Heart Belongs to You

-Woohyun’s POV-

For days, “loser couple” kept ringing in my ears as people kept teasing Yunji and me. Whenever I try to talk to Yunji, people would make kissy faces, say “the ship sails!” and everything else. I had to make a decision that I cannot be seen with her, so that she won’t get teased about me being with her. It pained me that another person would get humiliated just because of me.

One morning, Seoyeon came up to me. “Woohyun-sshi, is it true that you and Yunji are dating?” she asked.

I was surprised to find her ask me. She probably didn’t care. She was just curious.

“Aniyo, she just saved me once at gym class, that’s all,” I answered.

She smiled. “Glad to know. It’s just rumors then.”

She smiled.

She smiled.

Does that mean she liked me, because she asked? And she smiled when I said I wasn’t with Yunji?

Ha, in your dreams, Nam Woohyun.

I nodded. “Hey, do you know the answer to—“

Before I could make a casual conversation, Soojin interrupted us. “Dongsaeng, don’t talk to loser. It may rub off on you.”

It.

I seriously hate that girl.

Seoyeon simply obeyed and bade me goodbye.

I sighed. Why do I have to be fat? Maybe I should do something about it.

 

-Yunji’s POV-

Great. I almost blurted my secret out to Woohyun about the company party. I really don’t like it if people knew. Only my three friends knew about it and that’s it.

And then one act of kindness and I got punishments. More teasing came my way for almost a week, all because I tried to help Woohyun out. It’s not that it bothered me getting shipped with him. I just hate getting the attentions in the halls. I’d rather be the one just slipping through crowds, well, with some occasions of mockery from Soojin and her crew.

Lunch came, and my group gathered at our usual table.

Once we sat, they all grinned suspiciously. And I knew that it was time for one of our every year rituals.

Every year, each of us gets a dare and it’s an all year dare. Whoever can’t fulfill their task gets a punishment.

“Let’s write it down on a piece of paper. Make at least three dares” Jina said. “And I came up with the best consequence. Whoever can’t finish or do their dare has to run around campus with only a bikini on at the end of the year.”

We all grimaced at the scene. “What kind of a punishment is that?” I asked.

“Well mortification motivates us, so might as well,” Jina said.

“Fine.”

We all wrote down the dares and folded them. We threw them in a pile in the middle of our table.

“Hana…tul…set,” I said and in the end we grabbed our papers. “Read them out loud.”

“Make Sungyeol fall in love with you,” Haeun read her paper and made a face.

“Who wrote this?” she glared at all of us.

“I did,” her other twin said, grinning.

“Call it fate. My turn,” Jieun unfolded her paper. “Make Hoya fall in love with you,” she read and made the exact face Haeun did. “Now who wrote this?”

“I did,” Haeun smiled. “Karma’s a .”

Jina and I snickered. “Go, Jina,” Haeun said.

Jina unfolded her paper. “Sign up for the dance duo competition in spring.”

I laughed. Jina cannot dance for her life.

“I have to what?”

“You know the dance duo we have every spring? You have to partner up with someone who can dance professionally, and learn from them. You guys dance together and practice for weeks until the competition. Let’s say it’s like Dancing with the Stars,” Haeun said.

“Let me guess, you wrote this?” Jina glared at her.

Haeun nodded and chuckled. “You have to do it.”

Jina sighed. “Fine… It’s your turn, Yunji.”

I unfolded my paper. “It says, ‘Give Nam Woohyun a weight makeover’.”

I grimaced. “Who wrote this?”

Jina raised her hand slowly, with a face of regret. She gulped, “Guilty.”

Oh Jina, I will pee on you.

“Seriously? The week where I got teased the most, you write this? Why? What did I do in my past life to get such punishment? Haven’t I done good things?” I shouted at the sky. Everyone stopped eating and looked at me. I turned red and hid my head.

“Why?” I whispered.

I stared at the paper. How am I going to give him a weight makeover, when I can’t even do P.E.

Mother of ----

“Jina, can I choose a different one?” I bit my lip hoping she would pull me out of this.

“Nope, I’m sorry, Yunji, remember last year? I had a terrible dare, but I couldn’t get out of it, because it was part of our rules,” she said.

I frowned. She was right though. Last year, she received a dare to pull a huge prank on the principal, which caused her a three month suspension and a month of detention. And her permanent record was not clean anymore. It was a lot better than kissing your crush out of nowhere as a punishment. And she had a huge crush on Jung Daehyun.

Plus I had an advantage last year, since I didn’t like anyone since well… since. I learned that liking people is a waste of time. And I had a better use of my time. The reason why love isn't at all something I would know since my dad would always go out with different girls it's hard to actually determine what love actually is, when my dad cannot give me a right example. 

“Weight makeover it is,” I sighed.


Here's the update chocolate (: haha. Hope you guys like it!