23 - It's You

My Fat Heart Belongs to You

Yunji's POV

"I'm not trying to run away from you," I tried to fib. His grip was getting tighter on my wrist. 

"Then why is it everytime I try say hi, or talk to you, you keep running away? Do you not remember me?"

I bit my lip. "It's not that. It's nothing. Just... can you please let go of me? It kind of hurts." I wasn't sure it was my wrist, or it was my heart. 

He loosened his grip. "Sorry."

We were quiet for a second, until he tackled me into a hug. My heart kept beating too fast. 

"Yunji-ah, I missed you so much. I miss my training buddy."

"I don't think you need me anymore," I chuckled. Inside I was dying. He only saw me as a training buddy. "You changed a lot," I said letting go from his hug. "Look at you!" 

He grinned at me. "Told you. You wouldn't recognize me."

"And he got cockier," I muttered under my breath.

He heard me and scoffed. "Me? Cocky? The only thing cocky about me is my--"

"O-OKAY LET'S NOT GO THERE."

"But seriously Yunji, look at you!"

"What about me?"

"You're not wearing any glasses anymore. All the guys are practically drooling at your prettiness."

Are you drooling at my prettiness, Nam Woohyun?

Probably not. You have Seoyeon.

I chuckled.

"I was thinking we should catch up today," he put his hand behind his neck. 

I shook my head to a no. "Seoyeon might need you. I need to unpack anyways."

I tried to walk away but he stopped me again. Why does he keep grabbing my wrist?

"No, I already told her. We need to catch up," Woohyun pleaded.

I couldn't say no to that handsome face.

"Let's go," he said and grabbed me to his car. 

"Where are we going?" I asked while trying to look for the seatbelt. 

While looking for it, Woohyun was inching towards me. 

Closer.

and

Closer.

What the heck is happening?

Turns out, he was just trying to grab the seat belt and help me out. 

Argh. 

His face was too hard to look at. 

"We're going to the boba place we always go to," he grinned. 

"Yay," I tried not to sound sarcastic. I felt suffocated in his car. I felt like I just wanted to cry in front of him and ask him why he was with Seoyeon. 

But I couldn't blame him. He did like her before after all. 

Who would fall for a nerd like me?

 

Woohyun's POV

"I'll have honeydew bubble tea please," Yunji placed my order.

"Thai bubble tea please," I told the ahjumma.

"Coming right up!" she said happily. 

Silence took over the table. 

"So how was London?" I asked. 

She smiled. "I met tons of great people, saw lots of different places, and learned new things."

Tch. like Chen?

"That's great," I tried to smile.

"I couldn't believe you're with Infinite though. I was so surprised that another member was added. How did you get in?"

I chuckled at her. "Well, I was going to play basketball to get my mind off of yo-something. I found them already playing at the basketball courts. I was going to leave, but Sungjong stopped me and asked if I wanted to play with them. I became good friends with them and eventually, we're like brothers now."

"Whoa, that's daebak," she gave me two thumbs up. 

I smiled. "They're not as serious as I thought they were. They actually act like little kids."

She stared at me with widened eyes. "Really?"

I laughed. "Yes! You know how everyone thinks Myungsoo is so serious and doesn't talk? He talks like a machine gun."

"Wow. Inside Infinite."

The orders came in and the ahjumma smiled at us. "What a cute young couple! Enjoy your drinks."

"But we're not--" Yunji tried to tell her, but the ahjumma already walked away. "Couples," she finished her sentence. 

"Speaking of couples, how did you and Seoyeon get together? Huh? Huh?" she grinned suspiciously. She's not jealous? ugh. 

"I told Infinite I liked her months ago, and they hooked me up. Long story short, I awkwardly asked her out."

"How awkward?" She sipped on her bubble tea. 

"I stuttered and almost barfed at her," I admitted. I hung my head low.

Yunji guffawed. "BARFED? YOU MUST BE THAT NERVOUS TO THE GIRL YOU LOVE."

She kept laughing and I kept pouting. "But the girl I love isn't her," I thought.


Hope you guys love this chapter! Make sure to check out my Luhan fic as well for those Exotics out there. Mwah <3