15 - You've Got Mail

My Fat Heart Belongs to You

-Yunji's POV-

“Honeydew and Thai tea slushie with boba please,” Minhyuk oppa said, and we sat down on a small table near the window.

He studied me once again, eyeing my every move. I actually did not move, so I stared back at him.
Staring game at its best.

“Oppa, stop staring at me,” I said clapping in front of his face, so he could blink.

He smirked. “You’re staring at me. Stop staring at me.”

“YOU STARTED IT.”

“Psh, no I didn’t. You were probably intrigued by my handsomeness, so you can’t take your eyes off of me,” he grinned.

I rolled my eyes WITHOUT BLINKING, “You’re so full of yourself. I think the place is getting smaller, because it’s getting occupied by your egotistical head that’s getting bigger by the second.”

We still kept our eyes open, and I could feel my eyes staring to water.

“Sir, your orders,” the waitress said, handing our boba. We did not take a glance at her. We still continued.

From my peripheral vision, she was walking backwards, slowly, probably confused why two people dressed formally staring at each other without a single bat of an eye.

“I’ll just… yeah,” she said and went back behind the cashier.

“When are we going to keep doing this?” I muttered.

He beamed. “Until you blink, so you lose.”

I stuck my tongue out at him. “Never.”

The world was against me, so my phone started ringing. And I blinked. Damn it, Woohyun.

I didn’t know whether to freak out if he saw me in the restaurant, or he was going to talk about our workouts on Monday.

“Yes?” I said a little irritated.

“Were you doing something?” he asked on the other line.

I pouted. “You made me lose with the staring contest I had with Minhyuk oppa.”

“Oh,” he chuckled. “Oops.”

“Anyways, why did you call me?” I said while staring at Minhyuk oppa. He was just mouthing me, ‘Who is that?’

‘I’ll tell you later,’ I mouthed back.

“Oh well, I was deciding if we should not exert any energy next Monday, and I don’t know hang out?” he said on the other line. I’m assuming it isn’t a date. It’s not a date, right? Why am I even asking?

“Alright, I’m glad to do that,” I answered.

“Really?!” He sounded excited.

I laughed. “Yes, let’s be lazy that day and eat everything?”

He chuckled. “Let’s go. Thanks, Yunji, see you on Monday!”

“Who was that?” Minhyuk oppa asked right when I put my phone in my bag.

“Woohyun… Remember that guy from the restaurant earlier?”

Minhyuk oppa thought for a minute and then snapped his fingers. “Oh, him. The chubby guy? What is your relationship with him anyways?”

I sipped on my boba. The flavor just rides on my tongue. “He’s one of my closest guy friends… actually my only guy friend other than you. And he’s my workout buddy.”

He pouted. “I’m your only best friend, right?”

I slapped his face lightly. “Stop pouting. You don’t look cute.”

He looked at me seriously this time.

“OKAY, YES,” I conceded.

He went back to his normal uplifting self. “GOOD!”

While he was sipping boba, he smiled, and boba was on his teeth. I guffawed resulting to spitting out boba… more like shooting out of my nose

“Wow, you are so lady-like,” Minhyuk oppa said, handing me napkins.

I started coughing. “That hurt,” I rubbed my nose.

“Babo,” he flicked my forehead.

I frowned.

“You’re going to get wrinkles. Stop frowning. Look, worry lines,” he said pointing to my forehead.

I looked up. I couldn’t see my forehead.

“And you have a stain on your shirt,” he pointed.
I immediately looked down, and his finger hit my nose. He started to laugh and I glared at him.

“You little—“

“Handsome, stunning guy?” he winked.

I pushed him a little. “Not even.”

An old lady sitting the table near us chuckled. “Aigoo, you kids are so cute. Honey, you better stop teasing your girlfriend.”

She was talking to oppa. WAIT, GIRLFRIEND?

“Oh, we’re not—“ I started to say, but oppa interrupted me.

He grinned, “Ne.” and he smiled at me with googly eyes. Ugh, why must he be so cute?

I felt my cheeks redden. “Stop staring at me. Keep drinking your boba.”

He stuck his tongue out this time.

“So tell me everything. We didn’t quite catch up at Acquerello’s. You were too busy hiding from that Woohyun guy.”

“What do you want to know?” I asked sipping my boba.

“Everything, from the day I left.”

I scoffed. “If I remembered.” And honestly, I still do. It’s all vivid to me. 

And I kept going with the story. 

--

"Miss Yunji, I have a letter for you," Mr. Lee, our butler and driver said. He handed me a letter. 

"Who's it from?" I asked without looking at the manila envelope.

"Just open it," he grinned. 

I sighed. "Alright."

I opened the letter. It was from Oxford University in London! 

I checked the first letter. AND I WAS INVITED TO GO THERE FOR FIVE MONTHS FOR ACADEMIC DECATHLON WORKSHOP. THEY ACCEPTED ME!

"So, what's the news?" Mr. Lee asked, as if he couldn't see me jumping up and down and trying to create words but can't.

"I--"

"Oxford. Going. There. Five"

"Oh, Miss, I knew you were going to make it!" 

"I have to tell my friends," I said running to my room. 

Wait, I have to check when I'm going there. 

"Flight is next monday, at 6 in the morning..." I read. 


"What about Woohyun and our date hangout?" I pouted. 


What up my pretty people (: 
I hope you guys love this chapter!

BUT I NEED TO THINK. So infinite... is currently here in California. And They're only an hour away from me... I WANT TO GO SEE THEM. But they're filming for their new music video. but it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. But at the same time, the place where they are is big, so we have to go on an adventure to search for them. >.> I WANT TO SEE THEM UGH UGH UGH.

Comment, subscribe, enjoy!