02 - Loser

My Fat Heart Belongs to You

-Woohyun’s POV-

Senior year finally came. Hallelujah.

You see, it had been my dream to get out of high school as soon as possible. Why? I was a loser. Every day, I would get fun of for being fat. Inside class, in the hallways, outside of school, and I just wanted to leave Korea, live far away as possible. I could have done something about my weight.

But I couldn't help but eat away my problems. The insecurity got to me, and all the names been thrown my way, instead of crying, I binged.

Both my parents tried to get me on a diet, and we do have the money for anything: diets, plastic surgery, liposuction, blah-blah, since they own chains of hotels in Korea and in United States. But in all honesty, surgery, or putting a piece of pipe in my stomach kind of… I don’t know… freaks me out. So I would always try to tell myself, “I will start my diet tomorrow, not today, but tomorrow,” and I would say it over and over again every day and end up eating more.

So I just it up and thought that I will always and forever be a 300 pound loser.

I stepped in Woollim and the first thing I heard was, “I mean look at him. I bet he drank gravy for dinner,” Soojin said to her little friends laughed.

Like I haven’t heard that one before.

At least one, out of her two friends, did not laugh along with her. And her name was Han Seoyeon. I fell in love with her. Not just because she was beautiful inside and out, but the fact when Soojin and Song Seulgi makes fun of me, and practically everyone else, she wouldn’t laugh with them. She would simply stare at me, maybe pity, but one day I hoped she would look over my clothes size and know who I really am inside.

“Don’t listen to my sister, okay?” she told me once we headed in class together. At least I had one class with her.

I gave her a slight nod, and shyly headed to my seat: far away from the board all the way to the back, and so no one would complain how they couldn't see because of my body.

The rest of the week, nothing was new. Glares and whispers were thrown at me. Classes were just as hard as last year, and I still had no friends.

At least I had food and Minah to go home to.

“Woohyun, your parents just flew to America. Their flight was around two hours ago,” Junsoo, my butler, said once I stepped in the car.

I didn’t even get to say goodbye. “Thanks, hyung.”

I thought of something. Maybe I should go to the gym.

Nah.

“Hyung, can we go buy snacks?” I asked him.

He chuckled. “Should I eat them with you too?”

I laughed. “Yes, please!”

“Off we go.”

 

 

“Oppa!” Minah squealed as I entered the mansion. She spread her arms and jumped on me.

“Hi, my little princess.” I ruffled her hair. “How was school?”

“Oppa, this guy was taunting me,” she huffed. She cutely pouted and made lines on her forehead.

“Tell me about it. I have snacks! And princesses shouldn’t pout. They’re going to get worry-lines on their forehead. You’re going to be ugly, like oppa,” I flicked her forehead.

She pouted even more. “Oppa, you’re not ugly. People are blind!”

For a six year old, she was much more mature than anyone else I know at Woollim.

“Araso, if you say so,” I chuckled.

“So tell me about this guy,” I said as I carried her to the couch.

“Oppa, he was really mean! He made fun of me because I have a ‘fat’ brother,” she cried.

Even she got humiliated, because of me. I sighed. “Well kiddo, the boy should make fun of me, not you. So don’t worry about it, okay? Don’t get into a fight either.”

She hid her face then showed me a smile with her two front teeth missing. “Oppa, hehe, about that.”

“What did you do?”

“I hit him on the face?”

“You hit him in the what?” I spat out my food. “Didn’t I tell you not to get into fights anymore? Princesses should have poise.”

“Poise? What is a ‘poise’?”

“Grace and manners, little one. Stop changing the subject,” I pretended to glare at her.

“Oppa, you’re not scary!” she laughed. “Plus the boy was making me mad, so I had to. He met my friend, righty.” She showed me her left hand.

“I told you not to use your karate moves on people, unless you’re defending someone or yourself,” I scolded her.

“I was defending you.”

Silenced for a couple minutes, and then I hugged her. “Don’t get into trouble again, okay? Thank you for defending me though.”

I gave her thumbs up.

“Can I be Joan of Arc?”

I smiled. This girl was too much. 


Just introducing the mains for now (:

Update: sorry for the troll. I had to make some edits here. Sorry!