Forgive or Forget?

Love Me, Oppa

 

You gasped for breath after running from the field to your classroom which was on the fourth floor. Menji and your other classmates were there. They immediately approached you and asked you what was wrong, but you just shook your head in response before leaning against Menji.

“~~~~~-ah, tell me what’s wrong.” She led you to your seat and sat beside you. You told her the whole story from your discovery of Young Saeng’s plan until the fight between Dong Hae and him a while ago. Your other classmates offered you tissue when they saw that you didn’t stop crying and left you and Menji for your conversation.

Menji smoothed your hair when you rested your forehead on the table. She was so worried about you. She was your friend since grade school and she was beside you when you first laid your eyes on Young Saeng.

“Don’t worry, ~~~~~-ah. Dong Hae will protect you no matter what. I’m sure of it.”

Too lonely to be alone, you went with your classmates to the gym when it was already the seniors versus you, juniors, for the volleyball game. The boys already started when you arrived. Young Saeng was playing. You immediately hid behind the other people so he wouldn’t notice you.

Dong Hae was already seated at the bleachers. He waved when he saw you coming.

You sat beside him, but Menji and the others sat further away.

“Oppa, are you okay?” You touched his lips where he had a cut.

You seemed so beautiful when you took care of people. Instead of answering, Dong Hae just stared at your bright eyes. You touched his cheek. “Oppa.”

He shook the thought of kissing you away. *Man, I was almost tempted to kiss her.* He stared at you again with a longing expression.

“Whut?” You moved your head away.

“He leaned his forehead against yours with his eyes closed. You tried to pull away, but he prevented you from doing so by getting a hold on your back. “Oppa.”

“Hmmm..” Dong Hae rubbed your back which sent shivers down your spine.

“Geez, you’re so naughty.” You spun around quickly so he won’t be able to stop you. He pouted when you did this.

“Aish. Alright, alright.” You grabbed his arm and placed it around your waist. “Happy now?”

 He sighed in satisfaction and pulled you closer. Together you watched the game. You were relieved to see that Young Saeng wasn’t playing anymore. This made it easier to watch.

Down the benches, Young Saeng was looking at you and Dong Hae. He felt jealous when you put Dong Hae’s arm around yourself. He thought he could have been in Dong Hae’s place if he didn’t hurt you. *~~~~-ah. What should I do for you to forgive me.*

You saw him watching you and your smile immediately vanished. He straightened up when he saw you look back. He mouthed your name which quite melted your heart. *He’s saying my name.* Seeing him, you couldn’t think of anything else but be with him again. You missed the Saturdays you spent together, but you remembered how painful it was when you discovered his plan. You immediately looked away, breathing heavily. Dong Hae didn’t noticed this, but he tightened his hold on you.

*Young Saeng oppa, why can’t I forget you? But I can’t also seem to forgive you.*