Young Saeng's Waking Up

Love Me, Oppa

You visited Young Saeng regularly in two weeks. It was already Christmas vacation when he woke up.

It was a Friday morning. You decided to go to the hospital to visit Young Saeng early since you didn’t have classes. Your mom was still asleep. You didn’t want to wake her up so you quietly passed by her room to the stairs and outside the house.

*Dong Hae surely is still asleep.*

You took a bus to the hospital and went straight to the I.C.U. Like before, Young Saeng lie on the bed, unconscious. You placed your bag on the bedside table and sat on the chair beside the bed. Young Saeng’s hand was limp when you held it.

“Young Saeng oppa, I miss you so much. Please wake up. Please wake up now, for me.” A tear fell from your eye and dropped on his hand, His hand twitched and you immediately wiped your tears away to see if he really did move.

You saw him slowly opening his eyes so you pressed the button which calls the nurses or the doctor. Young Saeng’s doctor and 2 nurses were instantly inside the room. You patiently waited while the doctor checked on Young Saeng’s pulse rate and alertness.

“He is not yet that strong, Ms. ~~~~~-ah, but he is safe now.” The doctor smiled warmly.

You breathed out and bowed to him a couple of times. “Thank you, Dr. Kim. Thank you for taking care of him.”

He put his hand on your shoulder. “I know he fought for you. You are the reason he wants to live.”

You smiled and saw them out of the room before sitting by Young Saeng once again.

You just stared at him, too happy to speak. He weakly raised his hand to touch your face. You smiled at him, trying to fight back the tears. He rubbed your cheek and muttered, “I love you.”

“Oppa.” You held his hand and squeezed it tight. “Oppa, thank you. Thank you for waking up.”

He tried to speak, but his throat was too dry.

“You don’t have to talk.” You said as you helped him drink a glass of water. “I missed you. So much.”

You held him down when he tried to sit up. “No, Young Saeng. You still need to rest. You’re not even in a regular room yet.”

“But.” He mouthed.

“No.” You said shortly.

He smiled and lied down again. He tapped the space beside him motioning you to sit beside him rather than on the chair.

You blushed. Even when you were already close, he never fails to charm you.

You sat beside him with one of your legs on the bed and the other hanging down. He held your hand in his.

“You’re here.” He said with a hoarse voice.

Your hair was blocking your face so he curled your hair behind your ear. You looked at him and smiled, feeling your face get hotter. “Oppa.” You can’t explain what you felt. You wanted to hold him, hug him and kissed him. You missed him so much that you weren’t even able to speak to him.