Match

Love Me, Oppa

 

You arrived at Young Saeng’s parents' private gym and went to the lockers.

“You think we have a chance?” Young Saeng ped his bag and pulled out his clothes.

You did the same. ‘Of course. Why would I come here if we don’t?” You smiled encouragingly at him.

“You surely are rich.” Dong Hae was observing the locker room. “Even the locker room is huge.”

“But this is no use for me. I’m a person of the studio.” Young Saeng sighed.

Dong Hae chuckled. “Yeah. But ~~~~-ah nags me about having her own gym since we were little.”

Young Saeng smiled at you. “You can come here regularly. I’ll talk it out with my parents.”

You waved your hands in front of your face. “Aniyo. Your parents don’t even know me yet.”

“I’ll introduce you to them.” He went to change his clothes. You did too.

You met with the other players, Hyung Joon, Hyun Joong, Kyu Jong and Jung Min.

“Oppas!” You hugged them all.

After a few minutes of cheerful chatting, you went to the court for warm-up. Dong Hae was patiently watching you by the bench. He held your water bottle and towel.

*You are just too adorable, ~~~~~-ah.* He thought.

The game started. It was difficult at first. You were down by 5 in the first half of the first set. Young Saeng was feeling too nervous so you asked for a time out.

“Young Saeng, get a grip on yourself. You can’t just breakdown while we play. You can do this, I know you can.” You help his arms.

He shook his head. “I don’t think I can.”

“Yes you can.” You said shortly then returned to the game. You lost the first and 3rd set, but won the 2nd and 4th set. You were now in the judging set which was only up to 15 points. The game committee gave you 15 minutes to rest. Young Saeng was shaking badly.

“Young Saeng oppa.” You sat beside him patting his arm. Dong Hae sat on your other side.

“I can’t do this anymore.” He was too nervous. Even his words were barely audible. “I don’t think we’ll win the last set.”

“We will, oppa. I promise you we will.” Your schoolmates were at the bleachers, sheering for your team.

You held Young Saeng’s hand in yours. He instantly stopped shaking. “WE can do this oppa.”

You kissed his forehead to calm him down. He and Dong Hae held their breaths.

“~~~~~-ah.” Dong Hae gasped. You just looked at him, rolling your eyes as if saying You know why I did it.

Young Saeng kept his eyes closed as you pulled away.

“Oppa.” You cupped his chin with your hand. “We can do this, arasso?”

He nodded slightly.

The bell rang. You went back to the court. Young Saeng was still shaking, but not as bad as before. You took a deep breath before serving the ball.

It was a tight set. They’d score, then you will. The score was already 14-13 with you leading. It was Young Saeng’s turn to serve. You smiled at nodded at him. He breathed deeply, tossed the ball and served it. The ball hit the top of the net, slowing its speed. You did not expect it to get over the net, but it did. The opponent wasn’t able to catch the ball.

YOU WON!!

You’re schoolmates shouted deafeningly.

You bent your back, hands on your knees. *We won. We did it.*

Young Saeng and Dong Hae came running towards you and hugged you at the same time. Dong Hae gave Young Saeng the chance to talk with you. “I’ll go pack your things.” Dong Hae told you.

You screamed and hugged Young Saeng. “We did it!!!”

His bandmates came and hugged you as well.

“~~~~~-ah!” They all screamed your name. “We would have lost without you.”

You smiled. This day brought you so much happiness. First, you and Young Saeng were well again. Second, he and Dong Hae weren’t enemies anymore. And third, you helped him win and continue his singing career.

*Thank you, Lord. Thank you for everything.*