Chapter 24: Avoid

Sky is the Limit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24: Avoid

 

Dara's POV

 

I honestly still have doubts with my feelings. What I mean, is it enough that he can make me feel special? I'm starting to like Donghae, too right? Until he came. He ruined everything, he ruined my heart too. Is it enough for me to conclude that I love him just because I'm thinking about him during Bom's questions?

 

Then, I think, I need to do this. To clarify and to refrain myself from hurting. All my life was calculated, I don't want to hit a major mistake.

 

I put my hair into a bun after I finished putting light make up on my face. I gently the hem of my dress and closed my eyes.

 

"I need to do this." I whispered.

 

As soon as I heard a car's beep. I immediately walked out my room and traced my tracks towards his car.

 

I saw him standing infront of his car, hands shoved to his pockets, he's wearing long sleeves, tucked inside his pants. Handsome as always.

As soon as he saw me, he smiled genuinely at me.

 

"You looked wonderful." He stated as I shyly touched the hem of my dress.

 

"You too." I said. He opened the car door for me and motioned his hand.

 

I climbed in the passenger's seat and heaved a sigh. My gaze followed his figure as he walked around towards the driver's seat. He climbed in and faced me. "Let's go?" He asked.

I nodded in reply and smiled. "Yes, let's go, Donghae."

 

*Flashback

 

I decided not to attend school today, I spent my time at park, trying to ease the pain I'm feeling, trying to let all my tears flow until there'd be no tears anymore. I just don't get it, from the start I knew Jiyong has girlfriend. I even saw them kissing once, but why is this time, It hurts?

 

"Are you okay?" I heard someone. I looked up and saw Kiko standing infront of me.

 

I immediately wiped my tears and forced a smile. "I'm okay. I'm just having a little moment here."

 

She smiled and reached a handkerchief from her pocket. She then offered it to me.

 

I smiled then shyly took it as she sat beside me.

 

"Why are you here? You did not attend school, too?" I asked while wiping my tears with her handkerchief.

 

She nodded and looked up at the clear sky. "You know Dara, I loved someone. I love him so so much that I wanted to do anything just to bring him back to me." She stated as her eyes started to moist. She blinked her eyes and looked back to me, smiling.

 

"And I will do what it takes just to make him happy." She said.

 

I looked at her curiously and bit my lip. Why is it she's saying this to me?

 

____________________________________

 

Later that evening, I'm still not in my mood to go home with this down feeling, I went to Bom's place. I called Mom, telling her I'll spend my night at Bom's.

 

"I know something's wrong Dara." Bom calmly said as she was looking at her laptop in her lap.

 

"No, silly! I just missed our sleepovers." I lied.

 

Bom closed her laptop and looked intently at me, "Dara, I knew you for the longest time. I knew something's wrong. Tell me. I'm your bestfriend right?" She worriedly said and put her hand above my hand and squeezed it.

 

I forced a smile and sighed, Maybe telling it to Bom can help me. After all, I badly need an advice. "What if Bom, the guy I liked already has a girlfriend?" I forced not to cry.

 

Bom looked at me shocked. "Didn't you tell me you're meeting him? And he brought you to a place only you and him knows?" She asked.

 

"Yes. He does special things to me." I bit my lips.

 

Bom scoffed, "Wait.. I think my mind can't process it." She whispered as she closed her eyes hard for a moment then she intently look at me. "Okay.." she sighed. "This guy.. you're meeting.. has a girlfriend? But you guys secretly meet each oth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter