24

What a way to start love!

"Jeongmin, please pay attention even though half the class is gone. That doesn't mean you get to slack!" Mrs. On yelled at me and I came back to my sense. I apologized and started to work.

 

Right now there was a much worse of situation to solve then these drama questions. Yesterday, Hyunseong showed up after he went to talk with Aki and looked really troubled. Though being the douch bag that he is he didn't tell me anything. I kept pestering him, usually he would have done something but he just gave me a sad look. I don't know what's wrong or what to do! I really want to help him and just seeing him hurt pains me.

 

Someone hit my forehead and I looked up to face Goara, "Oppa it’s time for lunch!" She said and I smiled. "What's wrong? You seem really down. Almost like how Hyunseong oppa was acting during 1st period."

 

At the mention of Hyunseong's name I was intrigued, "Hyunseong, what wrong with him? Did he look alright? Did he tell you something about why or any reasons?" I asked her with worry etched in my voice.

 

She hit me, "calm down oppa! I should be the one to ask that! Did you guys fight?" She asked and all I could do was whine.

 

I didn't reply but instead went to the cafeteria to find a place to sit and eat. Wait for the idiot to come and ask him millions of questions till he pesters out something about why he looks so, so not him. I ate in silence and the time went by.

 

"Oppa!" Minhun yelled and I looked up at her. "Look behind you. It's Hyunseong oppa walking hand in hand with the Aki!!!" Her eyes widened as she pointed to the back.

 

I turned and as she had described they were there. Holding hands and walking together with big smiles in their faces. My eyes went big, teary and I felt sharp pains in my heart. No, I shouldn't be feeling this. Yes, a little betrayed but nothing more than that. Right….

 

"Hey, Jeongmin and the rest!" He said as he came up to our table with a big smile that just pained me even more. "I would like to introduce you to my new girlfriend that you already know, Aki!"

 

We were quiet and not one person said a word. I looked at the two and then saw that menacing girls mocking face and I it all up nod finally said something. "Cong- uhh-yea congratulation guys!" I smiled or hoped I was because tears of sadness were summing up in my eyes.

 

"Please, get away from this table!"

 

Minhyun said, "We can't have es dirtying it," glaring at the couple in front of us.

 

I glared at her, "Minhyun, that's not nice!"I scolded her and she kept on giving them both death glares. "Hyunseong is our frie-nd. Be nice!"

 

Aki scoffed, "I know you don't want me here either JEONGMIN OPPA," and hooking her hand around Hyunseong's like I used to she turned towards him, "let’s go oppa. We can go to my table where people at least appreciate us."

 

"No one appreciates you !" Minhyun yelled and I gave a sorry look towards Hyunseong and he just smiled. However, his smile looked forced, unreal. So different than the usual smiles he gave me. It hurt knowing that now he wasn't smiling at me like that! I didn't like this feeling because I didn't understand it!

 

That day I only met Hyunseong during lunch because most of the times he was with her. Also for some reason it seems the whole school is against me or something. They've been odd as in very odd for some reason. Of course, I still had Minhyun, Minhun and Goara beside me to help me out.

 

I finally got home after a kind hard day and changed then went to sleep. My whole blanket covering me as if to let the darkness surround me. Tears started to roll down and I couldn't stop myself. I don't know what I was feeling but I hated this feeling and I wanted nothing but to keep hiding underneath this blanket. I heard my phone ring and text messages being sent but I ignored it. I wanted nothing to do with anything right now. I fell asleep....

 

"Hey, jeong-kitty, wake up!" A gentle hand shook me and I started to awaken. "You okay my jeong-kitty?" He said with a voice that soothed my ears as I listened.

 

I opened my eyes and immediately hugged him. "Huyng, I had a dream that everybody left me and I was all alone. And that I was abandoned by Hyunseong and left to be tortured by this evil witch. I don't like it." I complained as I rested my on his shoulder, "And because of me umma and appa kept on fighting. Then you also left me!"

 

"Don't worry jeong-kitty hyung will always be with you!" He cheerfully said and just that brightened my dark day. "Hyung was so worried! Minwoo and Youngmin kept on texting me about you being sick and or sad. I was really worried about you kitty!"

 

I smiled at Onew hyung because usually he's always so childish with me. Though at times he can be really mature like right now! "I am a-okay hyung!" I did ageyo to prove my point.

 

He instead pinched my cheeks and gave me a smile. "I can read you like a book Jeongmin. So, don't even try to play this I-am-alright game with me." Then he pulled me out of bed and pushed me towards the washroom. "Come on, let’s have a brother’s night out tonight and go have dinner together!"

 

I whined and reluctantly changed and got freshened up because right now, I wasn't in the mood to look at happy people. Hyung, on the other hand had an idea of his own and decided to drag me along. We went to many places before dinner and I guess, it lifted my mood up a little. Arcade, karaoke, a mirror store, and finally we went to have dinner at "Le magi de paradise". It's a really good French restaurant that serves different types of cuisines from France.

 

We were eating our dinner quietly and there a heavy silence. I didn't know what to tell him or if telling him was the right thing.

 

"So, tell me Jeongmin," he asked. "Why were you so sad today, dongseng?"

 

I sighed, "You see hyung, Hyunseong I don't know for what reason decided to make Aki his girlfriend. I am happy for him, kind of but more than that I feel betrayed. Hyung! He was supposed to be my friend. So, why didn't he ask me or tell me about this whole dating thing before!" Soft creases were forming at my frowning face as I tried to roll my spaghetti on the fork. "It's not fair! I feel really sad but I think, as a friend I shouldn't feel this sad...."

 

Onew hyung looked at me with concern in his face. It's like dramatic irony found in plays and movies. The moment in stories when the readers figure out about something but, the character in the story doesn't. That’s what I felt like right now! A character that doesn't know anything at all about why his friends got himself a girlfriend that was his enemy. Only he knew and also God that’s watching this whole damn thing cause they can.

 

"Well, kitty once a friend, always a friend. So, don't go breaking your friendship for that." He smiled at me tenderly with a fatherly look in his eyes. "Anyways, it's not like you harbour any special kind of feeling for him right!"

 

My face felt hot as he said it like that and I looked down at my food. "Ye-yeah, I don't like him like, like um... That!" I said and horridly started to finish what I had in my plate.

 

"Wait, don't tell me you-"

 

"Onew hyung! We don't have the whole night to talk! I have school tomorrow and more importantly exams are also coming up!!!"

 

"Well, I can't really help you there. You will just have to work hard Jeongmin!" He smiled and patted my head. "If you feel lonely for the time being, call me up and I will run to your apartment!"

 

I gave him a knowing smirk, "hyung has a girlfriend right? Right! Heehee never thought hyung would actually get a girlfriend and be all lovey dovey. I hardly think you'd have time for me!" I even more because he tenses up and for really red.

 

Onew hyung is really the only one that I can totally trust other than me best friends. He makes my day better and today my big brother really helped me out. I can't just stop being friends with Hyunseong! He's someone I cherish, maybe-maybe even more than a friend. So, I have to be happy for him even though he likes someone else. Someone that's not me.... But for how long could I stand beside him with these feelings?