31

What a way to start love!

It had been 2-3 days since he had been confessed by Hyunseong. After the day he had pondered, wondered and only came with conclusions of what ifs and delusional dreaming. He hasn't even seen Hyunseong because these past days, students were off school because of exams and their finals. This meant that tomorrow they'd be at school and the day after would be the play. The play would also mark down the 3rd last day of school. So, Jeongmin had 4 days including today to figure out his answer. Tommorow school was open and it was also the day if the play. He was tired out of his mind just thinking about all of this and that. Plus, practicing with his friend he had finally had enough and decided to go visit his trusty hyung. 

 

Jeongmin rang the doorbell to his parents or his former house and waited with a happy smile. After minutes the door opened to reveal his super happy parents. 

 

" Jeongmin! What are you doing here!!?!?!???!!" She asked surprised out of her mind. "You hardly ever visit us unless you’re super happy? Did anything happen?" 

 

Jeongmin nodded his head no and with a babyish voice replied as He went to hug her, "I just missed my appa and umma very much!" Then I hugged my appa.

 

"Where is hyung?" Jeongmin asked as he took his shoes off and went into the living room. His parents following him there.

 

"He will be home soon." His umma replied and kissed his forehead. "But umma and appa also have to go somewhere..." 

 

Jeongmin turned towards them with the saddest eyes he could give them. He finally came to visit on his own and his parents were leaving him. Ironically when he doesn't want to come his parents are always nagging him to come. "Why?" He asked sadly. 

 

"Honey, we also have to do some work." His umma replied and then his appa also hugged him. 

 

"Plus, today we are having an urgent meeting so we have to leave." They both said hurriedly and started to put on their shoes. "Bye son and if you want food you know what to do!" 

 

Jeongmin looked at his parents that were scurrying off to who knows where. He knows it’s not the office because they hardly ever go to the office. They worked from home and their business trips were usually outside of the country. They were also acting very weird like they did when he was a kid. They'd do this kind of acting if they were going on a date or hiding his Christmas presents. Probably, they were going on a date. 

 

Jeongmin sighed as he became jealous of his parents relationship. Scowling at them unknowingly because he was envious of what they had and something he could have if. The big IF it weren't for his ego and suspicion of Hyunseong. Bored out of his mind he started watching T.V. The show was showing love scandals made by the fans of idols. Currently showing two boys from an idol group called Boyfriend. There was a boy named Jeongmin and Hyunseong the same name as his and Hyunseong's. The show talked about how the two seem to always be talking with each other during fan meetings. Also, during shows being together, little touching here and there also the excessive care Hyunseong had for Jeongmin. This kind of reminded of himself and his Hyunseong. He frowned and turned off the T.V. Now he was jealous of some strangers that he didn't even know and had the same names as. 

 

"Jeongmin! Umma said your home so I brought cheese cake." I heard Onew hyung say as he entered the house. Immediately I ran to the front doors and hugged my hyung that clumsily fell down. 

 

We then went to the kitchen and sat down at the tables eating the 1/4 ruined cake. After, I apologized to my hyung and helped him get up that is. 

 

"So what seems to be the problem that our Jeongmin had making him come all the way home to ask for help?" Hyung asked me as he ate a slice of his delicious cheesecake.

 

Without wasting time I told him about my problem. "Hyung, I am totally confused right now. The more I think about this problem with Hyunseong the more I want to rip my hair out of frustration."

 

 Hyung nodded. "You see we were friends but then that happened which shouldn't have happened. I started liking him and it was all happy. We became close and all that was truly an amazing time for me." I smiled at the memories of him and I going and doing stupid things together. "But, all good things have to come to an end and I guess ours did too. You see Hyunseong and I, we started drifting apart because of his new relationship. I then figured out that I actually liked him you know. So, even friendship was enough and I tried really hard to hold onto it. But even through all my struggles and tries, I lost him. He ended our friendship for his new relationship and I honestly felt really betrayed. As someone that liked him and as his friend so how, just how could he choose a girl over his own friend and there was no proof that he even loved her." 

 

"How do you know that Hyunseong didn't love her?" Onew hyung asked with raised eyebrows. 

 

"Hyung, even though we have only know each other for like 2-3 months it feels like I have known him since we were kids. Also, it doesn't take a blind man to notice that even the way they talked to each other sounded wrong. As in, Hyunseong seemed like a caged victim instead of a boyfriend. I have dated before and been in a relationship. It's not like I wouldn't know and the way Hyunseong kept scowling at her in his own monotone way already gave out a huge clue he wanted to have and do nothing with her." 

 

Onew hyung nodded his head in acknowledgment.

 

"What really hurt me hyung was that he didn't tell me at all. I would have been okay and even helped him with whatever problem he had. Then the doubts came in as I restarted to think about my feelings for him. I thought that I was actually being stupid. I felt wrong for feeling that he betrayed me because we gad bothing to begin. I felt that this though was my cue to move on but, that's where another problem started. Hyunseong he would always give me those smiles, touches, gifts and such making me think otherwise. It made me think that maybe he still liked me?  I wasn't wrong of thinking he liked me too? But the most confusing question was 'Have I really stopped liking him?'. Then incidents happened and he kept on telling me to break up with Yuki. I was angry! He only visited me when his girlfriend wasn't beside him, he left me for her and he had no right to tell me what to do! Then, then he, right in front of his Gf said that he loved me and wanted to be with me not her. I was monetarily shocked but as my mind processed his confession. I just.... Hyung, I don't know if its such a good idea to believe him.... I mean what I feel for him could just be infatuated love not real love."

 

Onew hyung hummed in response and stared up at the ceiling thinking. With a sigh I also stared up into the ceiling. My mind went blank, as I recalled the past 3 months. A long period of time went by as we both thought in the quiet atmosphere. 

 

"Jeongmin?"

 

I looked at Onew hyung. "Deh, hyung."

 

"Did you really like Hyunseong? I mean more than like as in love? Do you even know the feeling of love?"

 

I questioned his question, "What do you mean?" 

 

"Just answer."

 

"Hmm... I did like him, I guess. No, why am I guessing! I liked him a lot. It could almost even be love at first sight as they say hyung. When he saved me from falling down! The moment I saw his face and stared into his eyes I was attracted to him physically. Then, as we came to know each other I fell in love with his attitude. He teased me, made fun of my height and talked rude but he also was the only one who noticed me in times of pain, gave me encouragement in his own ways and still made me laugh with his stupid statements. He just feels different than the others you know" 

 

Hyung smiled, "but how do you know this attraction you have for him isnt different form your past relationship?" He asked and I frowned because hyung didn't get the message I just told him. "You hardly know love and this could be infatuated love."  

 

"Hyung, as I told you I am not in love with Hyunseong for his body. What I feel for him is totally different than my past relationships and the feelings I have for family and friends. It wasn't like my other relationships where if I found them attractive I'd date them. He's different because even when I was attracted I wanted to know more to be content and stable. I wanted to really know him and be able to be beside him. Not like my past relationships where I liked them and poof we are in a relationship. Then poof we end after having a short time of love. With Hyunseong it was and is different. With him I want to stay together longer, I want our relationship to be forever and I don't want him for his looks only but his stupid personality too! Even if it doesn't work out I want to be beside him. As a friend, as a lover and someone that can take care of him. Though I know I wouldn't find someone else like him. I am for sure the memories will live forever of our short and sweet times together. I don’t even understand what I am trying to tell you. Though If this wasn't the definition of love than what else would it... be...?" 

 

I stopped blabbering to Onew hyung and stayed frozen at the statement that I just said. I widened my eyes in realization and finally smiled. 

 

Onew hyung patted my hair softly and said, "If this wasn't love I also really don't know what else it could be." He laughed as he hugged me.