33-Cinderella I

What a way to start love!

"Jeongmin hurry up and get out of the washroom! It's not that nerve wrecking to be in front of the whole school as the main female character of an important school play. Plus, the parents and our parents and Onew hyung will be there watching us too! Not to mention you will have to meet Hyunseong again after all that has happened with the both of you. In the end you have to confess and wether you do it or not there will be a kiss shared between you two. Also, did I tell you about the engagement party that I am holding after like 2 weeks of school finishing? If things don't work out for you it’s going to be awkward. You have to be there even if it kills you because I am holding the party like I think at donghyun's house. Oh, Mrs. Kim is coming towards the door with a sledge hammer of some sort." Minwoo said as he was knocking on a white door with the metal attached to it and 'men's washroom' written in gold. 

The washroom door opened with a creaking sound and coming out was a glaring Jeongmin. "Thank you very much for telling me in detail the many things that will not help me forget about my nervousness!" He hissed. 

Minwoo gave the older male a sweet smile that said otherwise, "You’re welcome!" then walked away while snickering out loud enough for Jeongmin to hear. 

"Jeongmin hurry up! It's almost curtain time!" Youngmin yelled as he was seen wearing a very royal blue dress that made him look sort of like a queen, which he was. "Ugh, this wig is killer! How do women even live with long hair, it's so annoying!" 

Jeongmin just rolled his eyes at both of his friends that weren't helpful at all. He was nervous as a person can get when they had to perform on stage in front of millions. There were so many possibilities of bad things that could happen to him and the scenarios were all playing inside his head. To add to that, he was going to have to talk to Hyunseong that he hasn't seen the whole day or as a matter of fact 3 days.

Mrs. On and Mr. Kim were head counting all of them and he was shoved right beside Hyunseong. He bit his lips unconsciously because he was getting nervous all over again. He glanced a little at Hyunseong and noticed that the other was also doing the same thing and looked elsewhere right away. 

"Ok, guys! Let’s do as we rehearsed and if you make a mistake or forget a line just revise! You don't need to say it as you have memorized! If your hurt and it’s a matter of life and death still revise! Revise! Revise!" Mrs. On yelled and then motioned the kids to get ready because the big red curtains were finally opening to reveal the stage that was decorated with a big house background picture and the narrator went to stand in the middle of the stage. 

__________________________

 

The lights dimmed down and it became dark and suddenly soft music filled the air. Then a just a dim light in the center of the stage to highlight the narrator. He was wearing a black and white tux and a mask that was suited to his cloths but had golden lace embedded on it. He glanced at the audience and gave them a bow with a mysterious grin on his face. 


Narrator: "Welcome, ladies and gentlemen and come listen to a story. The fairytales name Cinderella named after a poor yet beautiful and honest girl that was worked like a slave. However, our play will have Korean names hence the country but she will still remain poor yet, beautiful and honest. Her stepmother and stepsisters harassed her daily but she was still bright and hardworking. She didn’t complain and was good hearted and lived life as best as she could."

"Jeongmin! Jeongmin! I say, haven’t you gotten our breakfast ready yet!" A loud shrill could be heard all across the house. “I told you that my daughters Aru and Kiru also need to be bathed!" 

A poorly dressed person holding a bucket full of water came scurrying into the house from the back door and into the kitchen.

"Your breakfast is ready mother." 

"Then bring it to the dining room and don't call me mother! I have told you to call me Mistress Aki. Get it right!" She screamed at the poor Jeongmin that winced at every harsh word that was said. "Also, why haven't my daughters arrived yet? Haven't you gotten them ready for breakfast already?" 

"I just finished dressing them mother." Jeongmin informed.

"Hah- I told you to call me Mistress Aki! You look like a girl but you have the memory of an animal!" 

"Mother! Kiru stole the necklace that you gave me for my birthday!" A young girl with a red dress came running into the room while pointing at another with a green dress on. 

"No mother, I had said that I wanted to wear this necklace today! Aru is just being like this because she's jealous that I look so much better with it!" 

Then Aki stood up and gave both of them a gentle smile. "Girls, girls stop acting like this! I am sure that both of you can wear nice necklaces." Her smile then turned wicked as she looked at the girl that was serving them tea. "Isn't that right Jeongmin? Aren't you going to go find Aru a nice necklace that goes with her dress?" The two girls then smiled wickedly at the poor Jeongmin. 

"Yes, Mistress Aki." 

Then as the three girls had sat down and were eating dinner the bell had rang. Jeongmin was at the kitchen and hadn't heard it and was once again yelled by the step mother that called her deaf. Jeongmin then ran to the door to open it.

Jeongmin opened the door to see that it was the mailman. "Good morning hyun-! Uh-hum I mean Jenongmin. How are you doing today?" The mailman asked as he smiled a very cheerful smile. 

Jeongmin also gave a very realistic smile. "I hadn't thought that you would come by so early today! I am doing as fine as I can be." 

"Oh, I see! Anyways I have a letter from the palace addressed to all the family members in this house that includes you. They are holding a ball for the prince so that he may choose his future wife." The mailman said gleefully as he gave the cards to Jeongmin. "You know I heard that the prince's friend's mistress is also going to attend. Apparently, she is really good looking and her name is minwoo." 

Jeongmin smiled at the mailman. "I hope that you will be able to meet her. Then, goodbye Minwo- uh… hyunsik and be careful while delivering the mails." Jeongmin said and then closed the door and with a dreadful look he walked into the dining room with his supposed family.

"Jeongmin,I thought I told you to stop talking with that boy!" Aki yelled. "You always get influenced badly by him and I don't want a stupider maid working for me!" 

Jeongmin held her head low in fear. "Mistress Aki, I was told that the party in the palace had invited all eligible single ladies. Is it alright if I go as well?" There was plea in Jeongmin's voice. "I won't do anything that you would dislike and stay as far away as possible from whomever you wanted me to!" 

Aru and Kiru both scoffed at the proposal being said and laughed. 

"It's impossible for you to go. I mean you don't have a dress, jewelry or a pretty face. You wouldn't make it there!" Aru commented. "Mother, tell poor Jeongmin that always works with cinder now nicknamed cinderella and is as dirty as it is that there is no chance to go to the ball looking like a peasant!" 

Aki looked at Jeongmin and then a smile appeared on her face. "There is no way in heck I would have allowed a filthy rag like you to accompany my fine jewels to the ball. It’s a waste for you to have even tried." Then Aki and her daughters laughed, sneering at the poor Cinderella and walked away.


Narrator: “oh poor Cinderella. She was devastated with the news she got from her step mother. Jeongmin started working on her chores to forget her sadness. However, every time she tried to finish one chore the step sisters or mother would give her more trouble. In the end going to the ball had only become a dream. Jeongmin had been scrubbing the floor of the house. Helping Aru and Kiru bathe, dress up, do their makeup and hair. Wishing for a chance to be able to dress up as well and go to the ball.”

Kiru looked at Jeongmin and grinned teasingly, "I hope you have a good night at home,Jeongmin." 

"Yeah, anyways Jeongmin no man in the ball would have looked at you," Aki added, "There is no way you can look as beautiful as us!" 

Both the sisters started laughing with a high pitched voice and their mother had a smug face on. "I am sorry that you did all those chores and didn't get to go. However, I had no intention of bringing you along in the first place anyways!" she stated and with a final cold glare at Jeongmin she closed the wagons door harshly. 

Jeongmin looked at the back of the wagon with a sad heart and finally ran all the way to the backyard. Kneeling down beside the water fountain she let her tears fall. 

"Oh, I knew it was too good to be true," Jeongmin cried, "I only wanted to go to a ball. Is it really too much to ask for?" 

Narrator, "She wept and wept to no avail for there seemed to be no hope. However, through her tears of vain came a light of hope. It shined as bright as the stars in the night sky. Jeongmin gasped in freight and stumbled back thinking she would die. Then an old lady came out with a glittery poof and stood in front of the flabbergasted Jeongmin."

"Yoohoo! What is wrong my dear child? Why are you crying?" the women asked concern in her elderly voice.

Jeongmin backed up, "who are you? What do you want? I don't own this house I am poor and I don't have money. If you kill me you won't gain anything from me!!!!" Shrieking she tried to run away.

The old women that looked a bit young laughed, "oh dear, oh no holy water no! My name is fairy - Young or min because people seem to remember that better. I am your god mother and am here to help you." 

Jeongmin’s eyes sparkled, "wait as in like the whole be poody ba pody boo thing!" 

Young or min shook her elderly head no, "more like dance dance dance and then be pody ba pody da pody doo!" as she swirled her wand and glitter sparked in the air, "now what is the problem Jeongmin uh-hum I mean Cinderella?" she asked with a sweet smile. 

Jeongmin glared at the fairy godmother and then sighed, "I want to go to the ball as well! I want to dance as well! I can really dance you know! Also, I want to eat good food, talk to people, and just be free of my nightmarish life!" as the words were stated Young or min nodded her head in understanding. 

"Well then go along and fetch me a pumpkin from that patch over there and six mice if you may," Young or min the elderly fairy that had smooth skin asked. 

"But why?" 

"Oh, hurry along! Stop whining with that mouth and bring me the items that I have asked for." 

Narrator, "So, Jeongmin did as told and got the biggest pumpkin she could carry and 6 mice trapped in a cage. Then resting the items with amazed eyes Jeongmin witnessed the magnificent change that happened to them. The pumpkin had turned into a carriage, 4 mice into horses and 2 into fine men." 

"Now, go along before you run out of time," the lady ushered Jeongmin but was abruptly stopped. 

"But, how can I go to a ball looking like this? They would all make fun of me for sure." 

Young or min the fairy god mother stopped her pushing and looked at Jeongmin's dress in surprise and laughed, "oh, oh silly me. Must have forgotten about the cloths again! Good thing you reminded me!" she stated and then waved her wand in a circular motion, " be pody ba pody da pody doo!" she chanted. 

Narrator, "There was a really heavy fog as most seemed to cover up Cinderella. Then more than 10 minutes the fog let up and standing where Cinderella stood was another person. Beautiful in a blue dress that fit the body. Blonde hair all neat and wrapped up into a bun with a twinkling diamond tiara that seemed to hold it together. Then amazingly two glass slippers where her bare foot remained that seemed to fit perfectly. Cinderella twirled in delight at the gifts given by Young or min the fairy god mother."

 

“You forgot the dance dance dance part,” Jeongmin said with a smirk.


Ignoring the comment, "Now you are ready Jeongmin. Be sure to be home before 12: 00 pm during midnight! At that time my magic seems to run out since its sun powered and all. I think so; the headquarters never did tell us where this magic comes from. Oh, my hurry you’re going to be late!" the fairy god-mother yelled and suddenly pushed Jeongmin inside the carriage and sent them away, "remember to come back home before midnight!" She yelled and then smiled before disappearing. 

Narrator, "the carriage rode thorough the town like there was no tomorrow. It glittered underneath the smiling moon and shined bright for everyone to see. Jeongmin had a big bright smile with the thought of finally being able to go to a party. Finally, they reached their destination and Jeongmin descended from the carriages and ascended the big flight of stairs leading to the castle. All the guards were looking at her in amaze and some even whistled if you know what I mean. Anyways, Cinderella stood outside the half opened door to watch the room inside. Right away the first thing that caught her eyes was the prince dancing with one of her sisters. It was comical the way the prince tried to stay polite but her sister kept on stepping on his foot. Then with a sense of hesitation Cinderella stepped inside of the room and at that moment it seemed that Prince Charming also seemed to turn that way."

Jeongmin couldn't break the eye contact off with the prince for some reason. The prince didn't either and instead walked up towards her. 

"Umm… Would you care for a dance my lady?" he asked with a soft yet masculine voice kneeling down and holding his left hand out. 

Jeongmin taken in by the prince's gaze gave her hand and with a soft elegance answered, "you may," and then the music started to play. 

Narrator: "the two danced and danced without a single word said between one another. Too lost in each other’s eyes to notice anybody else in the room. The guests in the room stared gossiping to each other about the new girl and they could see that they were no match for her. For; she was as beautiful as a rose glistening after the rain and looked as bright as the sun in the morning and afternoon. Then one by one everybody joined in and danced alongside the prince and the mysterious beautiful stranger." 

"Hyunseong, I see that you have found someone that could be considered my future sister-in-law?" A young man asked as he was dancing alongside a beautiful young girl. "What are you two doing dancing here when you should be talking in private." 

"You should shut your trap my dear friend and be your own way with miss Minwoo," Hyunseong retorted back, "isn't that correct Minwoo?" 

"I believe that Donghyun here is correct! You should be somewhere private with her," Minwoo answered and the couple laughed as they saw the prince frown. 

With a glare the prince left his friend and his lady. Then the prince guided Jeongmin towards the garden of the palace. With hands held they walked through the garden lightened by the moon. 

"This place is beautiful," Jeongmin commented and sat down by the big man made fountain. 

"Not as beautiful as you," Hyunseong answered as he held Jeongmin's hand, "your beauty just can't be compared to this garden for you outshine them all with just a smile." 

Jeongmin blushed, a crimson red at the compliment, "you use wise words but they will not fool me. But, I thank you for the compliment for I surely do feel beautiful since a handsome prince like you has told me so." 

"I do not know why, but, I feel as though my heart and my mind cannot seem to get enough of you. The way you talk, walk, anything you do is making me fall madly in love with you," Hyunseong said with eyes that seemed to be falling into the ocean pit of Jeongmin's eyes. "You are beautiful but it's not just your beauty that seems to attract me. Everything about you pulls me into a deeper forest of sanctuary and I hope the feeling isn’t one-sided." 

"I also feel the same way about you," Jeongmin said and moved towards the prince for a kiss but alas the midnight bell rang and startled her. She got up and started to run, "oh no, it's the midnight bell!"

"Wait, wait please!" Hyunseong yelled and ran after Cinderella but for unknown reasons she was a really fast runner. "Wait; please at least tell me your name! I shall come and find you even if it kills me!" 

Jeongmin ran and ran but because she was clumsy she tripped and one of we glass slippers got off. However, without thinking much of it she ran right away and got into her carriage and rode off. She had gotten home on time as the spell being casted wore off. However, the glass slipper that was supposed to be gone didn’t disappear and she had one of the pair while the prince had another.



Narrator: "Days had passed since the ball and both Jeongmin and the prince couldn't forget one another. Jeongmin often started to daydream and space out thinking about the prince that made the step-mother think otherwise. The prince's best friend no longer wanting to see his friend being love sick decided to help. With the shoe that was left behind they decided to search for its owner. And the news went wild as messengers reported to the towns people that whomever the shoe fit, shall be the one to marry the prince." 

"Oh, mother, mother look it’s the royals carriage. The royal carriage is right in front of our house." Kiru yelled out in happiness. 

Then Aru squealed out loud, "oh my goodness, my goodness the shoe, it's finally come the day I become a princess." 

“Jeongmin, go into the other room and fetch tea for us,” the mother Aki said and hesitantly she went and brought the tea for the guest. Then she patiently waited and watched

 “Ok, the first one to try is lady Aru the eldest sister of the house,” the royal announce announced.

“You are going to see that I was the one that was dancing with the prince yesterday as the whole town watched,” Aru boasted as she tried on the slipper. However, it was easy to see that it wasn’t a match.

The other sister snickered as she saw that it wasn’t a match, “Now look here sister, you were pigging yourself to the delicacy being served while, I was the one dancing with the prince,” Kiru said and tried on the slipper but to no avail.

Jeongmin then hesitantly coughed and with a soft voice asked,”Umm… mother is it alright if I try on the slipper?”

Kiru and Aru both laughed and pointed their finger at the now unconfident Jeongmin.

“You, you are going to try this on,” Aru said as she pointed at the slipper, “This slipper looks more valuable than you will ever be.”

The prince that was examining the whole thing felt something looking at Jeongmin and he spoke without thinking, “why don’t you let her try?” he suggested.

“If that is what you wish, Aki laughed, “Dear jeongmin, just wait a moment you will have your finale and I shall have mine.” She said in a whisper.

 

 

 

 

Kwangmin P.O.V

“Thank you mother,” Jeongmin replied. He tried the slippers on and what a miracle it fits.. meh. Hyunseong the prince went up to her for a hug to reunite with his first love.

It was all lovely and all but there was something wrong in the scene and I didn’t like it one bit. I notice that Aki the stepmother that was supposed to be devastated in this scene looked extremely happy. She then slowly stepped backwards and went out of stage, strange. Then she was holding onto a rope. I followed the rope all the way up to the top to see what it was and my eyes widened in horror.

“Holy ,” I yelled out loud as she pulled the rope, and started speed walking, “Hyunseong move out of the way! You move out of the way!!!”

He looked at me confused and I pointed up. There was about less than 60 seconds for him to move out or both of them will be sorry. Hyunseong looked up and then with all his power picked up Jeongmin and moved but it was already too late.