Time to Make a Run For It

The Dark School Girl (Editing)

   We run out of lunch room. I look behind me to see Kai and the others laughing at us running. Abby and Cassie were still complaining. "Why are we running? He isn't going to get US." Abby said, putting her hands on her hips. I smirk. "Oh yeah? I bet you'd want Baekhyun to chase you." She blushed. Cassie and me high fived. I then saw Kai walking towards me. Crap! I thought. "Gotta run!" I said and started running trying to find a corner to hide. i hear foot steps behind me. "Crap" I mutter. I found a corner to where the foot steps are coming.

    I decided to give Kai a surprise when he turns. I stomped my feet, I heard his steps come faster. I quietly hid behind the corner. I waited. His steps were coming closer. He turned to my corner, his back to me. I could tell from behind he was frowning. "Where did she go?" I heard him think out loud. He looks attractive even from behind a little. I shake my head to get rid of those thoughts.

    I smirk. Now is my chance. Quickly, I poked him in the sides again and heard him yelp. I made a run for it. I couldn't stop laughing while I was running. Ahead of me I saw these girls. Oh man they look mad. I tried to run around them. There were about 5 girls. They tried to grab me. I dodged. They tried to pull my hair. I fully ran then. Whats their problem?! I don't need their crap. They can just talk to them if they like them so much! I hid behind another corner. I heard Kai say "Excuse me." and pass right by the girls. They all looked at him dreamily as he passed.

    I accidentally laughed. Kai heard and made a run toward me. Right when I saw him i did a little scream. He grabbed for me and said, "Got you." I tried to poke him again but he held onto my arms. "No fair!" I whined. He just smiled at me. I had an idea. I loosened my muscles to make him think I gave up. "You wanna go back?" He asked. "Sure. Lets go." I replied calmly.

   He let go of my arms and put his hand out to me. "Ready?" I huff and take his hand. Dammit I was gonna pinch his cheeks.. I guess I'll embarrass him later.. We started walking back to the lunch room. I stopped us mid-way. He gave me a suspicious look. I roll my eyes. "Don't worry I won't run." He smiled. "Good." I look behind us. "Why do so many girls like you and you friends so much?" Kai burst out laughing.

  I take my hand from his and put both hands on my hips. "What?" I ask a bit annoyed. "Most of the girls like us I guess for our looks?" He is guessing. Wow. "Ha well thats nice." He smirks. "Why? You jealous?" I scoff and make a face. "Hell no." And I walk away from him. I wanted to see how Abby and Baekhyun were getting along and Suho and Cassie. I smile to myself. "I hope they become couples." I murmured. "Who a couple?" Asked a sudden voice. I jumped. "Gosh Kai, you scared me." I said trying to change the subject. He laughed. "Sorry."

    We finally made it back to the lunch room. Abby was talking to Sehun and Baekhyun and Cassie was talking to Suho and Chanyeol and D.O. were just talking amongst themselves. I smile widely. I see Kai watching me out of the corner of my eye. "What?" I asked annoyed. "Nothing." He said and walked away to Suho and Cassie. Weirdo. I thought. I go up to Abby and pat her on the shoulder.

   When she sees its me she gets a mischievous smile on her face. Oh crap. i am so going to get it. I knew she was going to talk to me about Kai. She says in English so no one else would understand. "Ooohhh~ you and ya know." and started poking me on my sides. "Stop it." I say. I felt my cheeks burning. Abby's smile widened and her eyes shined. "I knew it!" She also yelled. I saw Sehun and Baekhyun looking at us with curiosity.

  "What are you both talking about?" Sehun asked while he crossed his arms. I felt my cheeks get hotter. "Nothing." I said fast. To fast. Sehun and Baekhyun caught up quickly without even knowing English. They both smiled at me. "Oh gosh not you too!" I said, frantic. Kai was watching me and when we made eye contact he mouthed, "Whats wrong?" I gulped. I shook my head at him. He didn't look satisfied by my answer. I turned to Abby. Only one way to get out of this. "Abby. Did you have a good time with-" Abby's hand covered my mouth.

    I muffled and it sounded like I said "Bacon." Sehun and Baekhyun burst out laughing. I shoved Abby's hand off my lips. "Dude! What did you have for lunch?! Cheetos?!" That only made Sehun and Baekhyun laugh louder. They were holding onto their stomachs. Abby and me laugh too. Kai, Cassie, Suho, Chanyeol, and D.O. are looking at us like we are crazy people. "Come here bad twin." D.O. smiles and comes over.

    "How are you?" I ask. He smiles. "Good. You guys are weird." He looks at all of us. I smile. "Abby's fault." I say pointing. Abby looks at me disbelieving. "No it isn't!" I shoot back, "Yes it is Cheeto fingers!" I hear the boys snicker. Abby and me start laughing. I saw a evil gleam in her eyes. What is she up to? I wondered. She sticks out her hand. "Truce?" I look at her suspicious.

   I clasp my hand with her and we shake. "Truce." She smiles. "Good now we can go relax. Am I right Ka-" This time I cover . She tries to scream but its muffled. D.O. laughs. "What are you afraid of Diana? What was she gonna say?" I give abby a warning look.

   I drop my hand. I turn to my bad twin. "Nothing!" I say with a squeak. I feel my cheeks burn again. Crap. D.O. smirked. He pats my shoulder. "Its ok, Diana. You could tell me." I gulp. I look around. I see Kai start to get closer to hear. "No. I think I'm good." D.O. chuckled. "Alright then." The bell rang for the next period. "No!" yelled Sehun and Abby dramatically in unison.

    They looked at each other surprised. We all burst into laughter. I go over and pinch Abby's and Sehun's cheeks. "Both of you are so adorable!" They both pouted. "Like little babies." I chuckled. Sehun stuck his tongue out at me. I laugh and say again, "Adorible." Sehun lightly blushed.

     I started asking around who what classes everyone had next. I made it to D.O. and he said "Hey! We got band together!" I get excited and say, "Really?!" D.O. laughed and said enthusiastic, "Yeah! Yes your with us then!" I tilt my head. "Us?" I ask. "Yeah. Me, Chanyeol-" "The giant?!" I say cutting D.O. off. Chanyeol looks at me and pouts. "I'm not an ugly giant right?"

    I laugh. "No you are not an ugly giant. Your just a giant." Chanyeol smiled. D.O. smiled and said to me, "Can I continue?" I smiled. "Sure." "Ok so me, Chanyeol, Suho and Baekhyun are in band too." I sigh in relief. "I won't be alone!" I say as I raise my arms in triumph.

   I turn to Suho and I find him and Cassie holding hands. I couldn't help but smile. Cassie notices and blushes. I turn to Abby and she was staring at Baekhyun. I nudge her and nod my head on Cassie and Suho's direction. When she saw, she looked back at me and mouthed, "Finally!" I giggled. Wait. Did I just GIGGLE?! What is wrong with me? I sound so girly! "I gotta go to class." I announced.

   D.O. came over and gave me a hug. At first I was frozen. I hugged him back. I stepped away and said, "See ya on the other side my bad twin." D.O. gave me a wave good bye. "See you later giant!" I yelled to Chanyeol as if he couldn't hear me. He smiled and pulled me into a hug. I didn't hesitate. I gave him a squeeze. We stepped back and waved. I turned to Abby and Cassie, opened my arms for a hug.

  Abby and Cassie stepped up and gave me a hug. "See you guys later." I whispered in English. I waved good-bye to Suho and Baekhyun. I didn't dare try to hug them. I didn't want Abby and Cassie to get mad at me. I went over to Sehun and pinched his cheeks. "See you later." I said in a voice I use only for babies. Sehun blushed. "B-bye." He stuttered. i chuckled. I looked up at Kai. I gave him a wave. "Bye."

   He frowned. "I don't get a hug?" I cough. Kai came over and wrapped his arms around my waist and gave me a squeeze. I patted his back. I gotta get out of here. Kai let go of me but lingered for a second. I backed away quickly and walked away to my classroom. "See you all later." I called without looking back. I sat down in my desk. Safe. I thought. I took a deep breath. The bell rang. Here we go again.