Chapter 13

Protect


Chapter 13



 

 

''Am I too y for you? You like what you're looking right now?''

 

I blush hardly as I quickly get off from him. He just smirks and sit on the mat while watch my action. I awkwardly bow to him and run to Zelo.

 

''Clumsy.'' Yongguk smile and lay on his back, enjoy the warm sunlight.

''Don't let your guard down.'' Himchan commands without looking at Yongguk.

''I know. I never fall in love with someone except her.'' Yongguk said.

 

 


 

 

''Choi Junhong!! How dare you make me look stupid in front of Yongguk.'' I shout while marched to Zelo's direction.

 

Zelo spots my presence as he runs behind Youngjae and Jongup to hide from me. I try to chase after him but after see Youngjae and Jongup's facial expression, I decide to back off.

I don't want to ruin their day by my presence so I turn around and head to a nearby shop to find Daehyun. He told me before, he wants to buy a buoy to teach me how to swim.

As I enter the shop, I notice Daehyun queue in a long line at the counter. He put the buoy in his muscular arm while humming to a random song. I smile as a naughty thought pop out from my head.

I tip toe toward Daehyun's direction and go to his right side without he realized. Then, I poke his shoulder to make him surprises but my energy was useless. He doesn't flinch at all instead he just show his adorable smile to me.

 

''Don't you surprise?'' I look at him weirdly.

''No, am I suppose to be shock?'' He asks me back while move a bit to front since the queue start to moving a little.

''Of course, I'm the scary ghost.'' I pretend to be a ghost as I make a creepy voice.

''Cute.'' His word lingered in my mind and I blush hardly.

 

As we're talking to each other, a few boys run towards me and almost collide with me. I startled when Daehyun quickly pull me in his embrace.

 

''You shouldn't stand there. It's dangerous.'' He said and make me stand in front of him.

 

I remain silent as his act really make me fall for him. He protectively stand behind me and hold my hand tightly with his other free hand.

We almost reach the cashier since we already wait for a long time. I sigh and turn on my back to face Daehyun who's looking around the shop.

 

''Daehyun, you shouldn't buy the buoy in the first place. We already waste our time.'' I pout while play with the buoy in his arm.

''It's okay, at least we can spend time together away from the boys.'' He grins excitedly.

''It's not worth it. We should enjoy the sun since we're in the beach.'' I play with his arm.

 

Everything is worth if I'm with you. Daehyun thought alone and smile secretly.

 

Finally, we reach the cashier and I pull one of lollipop in the bowl near the cashier.

 

''I want this.'' I beam while show my lollipop at Daehyun.

''Okay, count that too.'' He points to my lollipop at the cashier and she just nods.

 

I cheer happily and puff the lollipop in my mouth while exit the shop with Daehyun.

 

 


 

 

The wind was gusting through my dark brown hair and I brush a strand of hair behind my ear.

 

''Are you ready?'' Daehyun lead me to the shore and put the buoy around my waist.

''How about you? Don't you need this?'' I look at him as I point to the buoy that hang around my waist.

''Of course not. I'm an expert.'' He proudly states.

 

I just chuckle lightly and hold his hand as I put one of my feet in the sea.

 

''Woah, the water is so nice.'' I look into Daehyun's eyes and hop impatiently.

''Come on!'' I drag Daehyun's hand and put my other feet in the sea.

''Relax, you're like a kitten.'' Daehyun smile when he sees my sparkling face.

 

The water is like a crystal clear as I can see a group of fish swim freely. I bend my back down to touch the fish when Daehyun quickly pull me up.

 

''You want me to teach you, right? So, stay focus.'' Daehyun commands me and hold my arm tightly to prevent me from play with underwater living.

''Okay. What should I do first?'' I float as I wear the buoy.

 

Daehyun easily drag my buoy to the deep side then he let me paddle around in the water to make me feel safe being there. He smile while watching me struggle alone in the deep water.

 

''It's okay, I will be beside you if you feel insecure.'' He said.

''Okay, let's practice the arm movement.'' He adds and I just nod excitedly.

 

Daehyun shows the simple and asks me to copy his action. 

 

''Oh, it's too easy.'' I proudly said.

''Not yet, it just the beginning. You will learn the hardest part soon.'' He smirks.

 

Then, he approach me as he holds both of my hands and asks me to practice kicking the water. I hold his hand tightly as I kick the water aggressively. Daehyun laughs at me, still holding my hand in his.

 

''Yah, just do it slowly. You will not drown if you have those buoy around your waist.'' He points at my buoy.

 

He slowly let go of my hand and keep step backwards. I slowly to him in panic. 

 

''Good girl. I want you to come at me.'' He commands.

''I can't. The water is so deep. I can't feel my leg land on the sand ground.'' I pretend to cry.

''It's okay, it's not dangerous at all. Your savior is here.'' He smile.

 

 


 

 

''Okay, come on. Let's get out from the water. It's getting hot already.'' Daehyun pull my buoy as he drags me to end of the sea. 

''But, I want to play in the water again.'' I pout.

''No. We already play in the water for 1 hour. Let's go to others member.'' He said while hold my arm toward Yongguk and Himchan.

 

Yongguk folds his mat and keep in the basket that they bring. He looks at me with those expressionless in him.

 

What with him actually?

 

I awkwardly set my wet shirt so it doesn't stick to my body. I turn around and find out that Zelo, Youngjae and Jongup still playing at the beach. This is my good chance to play a little more in the water.

 

''Daehyunnie, I will call the others.'' I said while doing aegyo.

''You can just shout from here. They will hear your voice.'' He said but I already run away from him. 

 

My eyes sparkling as I stare at the sea. I really love to be in the water. I wonder why I don't learn how to swim before.

I look behind me when I reach in the water. Daehyun isn't in my sight so I quickly pull out the buoy around my waist and jump in the water.

I want to try swim without a help from the buoy. I do what Daehyun had teach me early but I can't very well since I'm still a newbie. 

Then, I almost drown in the sea as my leg kick randomly and I manage to scream for help.

 

''HELP...'' I see someone near the beach so I wave my hand desperately.

 

As the guy approach me, I feel relieved as I thought he will help me but it's happen in opposite way. The guy push me deep in the sea and I think this is the last day for me to see the world.

 

 


 

 

Yongguk  P.O.V

 

I walk toward Jongup as I saw him and Youngjae still playing the ball with Zelo. I wonder if they know how to watch a time or not. It's already lunch time and they still have fun with that ing ball. 

 

''Yah, three of you, go to the ing car now. We will go to a nearby restaurant.'' I roll my eyes as three of them pass me while muttering something.

 

Kids nowadays.

 

I about to walk away but I hear an unclear voice near the sea. I turn around to find out that a girl keep waving her hand and she seems familiar.

Wait..Is that one of Yongnam's men? Why the hell did he doing here?

 

I run to the sea to look whether the girl need a help or not. As I reach there, she calls my name.

 

How can she knows my name?

 

I jump in the sea and my eyes become wide as I know this girl. It's Jaehee.

 

''Jaehee?'' I swim toward her and grab her waist closer to me. She puts her hand on my chest and cough hardly.

 

I bring her to the ground and pat her back slowly. She leans her head on my bare chest and panting hardly. 

I about to ask her what happen, when suddenly a hand push me firmly and take Jaehee in his embrace.

 

''Daehyun? Why are you ing push me?!'' I almost grab his shirt but after see Jaehee sobs quietly in his embrace, I hold my feeling.

''Jaehee, are you okay?'' Daehyun asks her softly, try not to make her startled.

''I'm scared, Daehyunnie.'' She said in a low voice but I manage to hear it.

 

Daehyunnie?

 

Is she has a special relationship with this brat?

 

''It's okay, I'm here.'' Daehyun said and I swear I never see this sweet side of him. 

 

I awkwardly cough, try to get their attention. Daehyun looks at me and said the things that I never expect to hear.

 

''Hyung, did you just want to stay still? Grab some towels for Jaehee.'' He commands me. I scoffed.

 

Towel my .

 

What the hell?

 

''Yah, what the hell are you talking about?'' I snort at him.

''Hyung, can't you ing see it? Jaehee is cold right now and you still sit there, doing nothing.'' Daehyun glare at me with that killer eyes.

''Yes, I ing see it. Just give your cloth to her and bring her to my car now.'' I state firmly and walk away from them.

 

I turn my back to them and stroll to my car. Deep in my heart, I feel hurt.