Chapter 41

Protect


 

Chapter 41

 



 

I should never agree to have a dinner with them in the first place. Himchan's stare is kind of distract me. I swear that he keep looking at me the moment I step into Yongguk's house. They decide to have a dinner at Yongguk's place and Himchan will do the cooking things. We arrive at Yongguk's house about a minute ago and the youngest are all free from housework since Yongguk's place is pretty clean for some guy like him. His personality does looks fierce but he still clean up his house perfectly. I smile at them as Zelo, Jongup and Youngjae plop down themselves on the couch as soon as they saw the fluffy couch in front of the television.

Jongup lazily pick up the television remote with his leg since he is the nearest with the remote control that place perfectly on the coffee table. Meanwhile Youngjae is already in his deep sleep. I shook my head as I look at these dork in front of me. How can someone be in their dreamland so fast. I can see Youngjae shiver a little since he wears a sleeveless clothes so I decide to ask for a blanket from Yongguk.

 

"Yongguk oppa, do you have a blanket?" I ask Yongguk as I see him in his room. He didn't close the door so I could clearly see him sitting at the edge of his bed. He seems surprise when I suddenly ask him without entering his room. I just stand right in front of the room since it will be rude if I just barge into his room without his permission.

"What for?" Yongguk simply asks without meeting an eye with me. He just stare tiredly on the floor while his mind seems full of something. What does he thinks of.

"You know, its kind of cold because of the weather." I can't finish up my words when suddenly, Yongguk looks at me right into my eyes.

"Did you catch a cold?" He sounds worried as he stand up from the bed and make his way towards me. I startled by his sudden action as I shook my head, hinting that I'm okay but he can't catch up with my body language. He stop right in front of me and the distance between us is so close. I could feel his hot breath when he bends down a little bit to reach my height.

 

Suddenly, he raise up his hand and place it on my forehead. His warm hand make me close my eyes without further noticing. I feel so comfortable when he puts his palm on my forehead. I should confess that I don't really want him to move his hand away from my forehead. I swear if he comes a little closer to me, he probably can hear my heartbeat beating so fast and loud. 

He title his head as if something wrong when his hand is in contact with my forehead. Then, he puts his free hand on his own forehead to check the temperature, comparing his and mine. My eyes follow one by one of his movement, every single detail. I wonder why Yongguk seems so cares towards me.

 

"Nothing different though. You and I have the same temperature. Why are you effected by the cold weather?" This time, Yongguk puts his hand down from his own forehead while the other hands is still on my forehead. I want to explain the real situation to him but his action make me stop from doing so. 

 

He suddenly walk away from me and enter the room back, grabbing the thick blanket that sits neatly on his bed. Without saying much, I just look at him and secretly smile since I thought he already know my true intention asking for the blanket. He then come back to me with the blanket on his grip and to my surprised he throw the blanket, cover my whole face. I almost scream when I saw the blanket fly right into my face. Quickly, I cupped my mouth with both of my hand as my vision become black because of the cotton material. 

 

"Yah, what was that for?" I bluntly said as I pull down the blanket and roll it to my hands. Yongguk seems surprised by my words as he shorten the distance between us and whisper to my ear.

"Yah? Are you seriously calling me that? You should call me oppa." His voice is dangerously deep and low. It make my hair stands as I got a goosebump due to his deep voice. His voice is enough to make me feel this way.

"Oppa pabo." I jokingly said to reduce my nervousness around him. Then, with all my might, I run away with the blanket in my possession. Leaving Yongguk alone, dumbfounded.

 

I reach the living room, safe and sound. My eyes quickly found the sleeping Youngjae on the couch but in different position. He sure moves a lot in his dream. His legs wide apart as one of it places on the sofa while other one is on Zelo's tight. Seems like Zelo also already in his dreamland. I shook my head while let out a light chuckle when I see their sleeping position. Approaching them, I spread the blanket on both of them so they won't catch the cold while sleeping in the living room. Fortunately, Yongguk's blanket is big enough for this two giant.

After make sure that both of them is cover with the blanket, my eyes land on Jongup who is watching the television. I don't want to disturb him since he looks so focus on the screen so I just decide to help Himchan in the kitchen. Even I don't feel comfortable all around him, I can't let him manage our dinner alone. He must be tired too from working this whole day. While other got some rest, he still there, in the kitchen preparing our meals. 

Taking a deep breathe, I walk to the kitchen and see Himchan's back as he is cutting an onions on the cutting plate. He seems has no idea about my sudden presence. I approach him while clear my throat once to let him know that I'm standing behind him.

 

"I can't find Daehyun anywhere. Do you know where he is?" I try to start the conversation while bring up Daehyun's name. It was true that I want to ask somebody about Daehyun since I don't see him in Yongguk's house. At first, I want to ask Yongguk but looking at the way Yongguk acted make me forget about my intention. The maknae also was in deep sleep so there is no one I could ask except for Himchan.

"Why are you asking about him?" Himchan said but almost sound like a question. He still focus on cutting the onion instead of looking at my way. 

"I have something to tell Daehyun." My mind is all about the quit thing. I want to resign from working with BAP at the workshop and I want Daehyun to be the first one to know about it.

"Why can't you tell me?" Himchan simply ask back as he walks to the sink to wash some vegetables that he just brought up from the refrigerator.

"This is a secret between me and Daehyun. I will tell you soon along with the other member." I said while approach Himchan and stand beside him, try to help with his works.

"Why can't you tell me first? Is Daehyun that special until you want to tell him first?" Himchan turn off the water from flowing as he turn to me, facing me. As Himchan turn off the water, everything become so awkwardly unpleasant since it was so quiet. 

"Uh..." I stuck on my own words. I don't know how to react to those questions. 

"If you can't answer me, then you shouldn't be the one who brought up the topic about Daehyun. Just don't talk to me at all." Himchan looks so upset when he hears my simple words reacting to his question. I feel sorry to him but still, I want Daehyun be the one to listen to my concern because I believe Daehyun will give a good advice to me since he's the closest with me. He probably understand me the best.

''But-

''Shh..I like this silent air.'' He said again and lets his back facing me. I shook my head off, still cannot get the real reason why Himchan act this way whenever I bring up Daehyun's name. 

 

Himchan just continue his cooking without spoke to me. To him, I am invisible because every time I talk to him, he didn't spoke a word. When I try to help him with the dinner, he quickly shove my hand away from the ingredients and sometimes he just barely passed by me. He was sulking over a small thing.