Chapter 37

Protect


Chapter 37



 


Daehyun just stares at me and those stares make my heart clutch in pain. He was cover in a blood and bruise and look at me, act like a spoil brat, begging like a beggar to be save. My eyes fill with tears as I cupped my mouth with my palm. The tears start make it way out as I'm crying in front of Daehyun. I just can't hold it anymore.

 

I'm sorry, I'm too selfish.

 

My leg feel like give up anytime but I try my hard to hold it. I can't be a burden no more. This picture already broke my heart. If Daehyun looks like this, how about others? How about Himchan? How about Youngjae? How about Jongup and Zelo? 

And how about Yongguk?

 

"Yah, girl. Don't cry anymore. Its okay." Daehyun approach me as he puts me in his embrace. His arm that hold me tight make me feel secure and I hate it. I'm not supposed to feel like this. Its as if I want them to protect me. I feel comfortable with him around me. 

"I'm sorry." My voice crack as I buried my face on his firm chest. Those one words that I manage to said. Saying that I'm sorry for having them to fight with a bruise like that make me feel even bad.

"Don't said sorry. All of us do this because..." 

 

Before Daehyun finish his words, someone approach in front of us with a steel bat. Daehyun let me go as he drags me to his back, in protective mode. Once again, my heart thump nervously. I hate being in this kind of situation where someone sacrificed themselves for me.

 

"You know what Daehyun, you don't have to do all of this. All of you don't have to do this." I whisper at him as I take a few step back from him. 

 

Daehyun seems puzzled with my sudden action as he tries to grab my arm but failed when I take a few more step back. I can see that he hissing with anger.

 

"Don't act like a fool. Just let me protect you." Daehyun said, still in defense mode. He tries not to be careless with enemy in front of us.

"No. It's all my fault." I said as tear drop out of my eyes.

"No, this is not your fault. You're doing fine right now so please stay behind me." Daehyun almost plead as his eyes busy looking at me and the guy with the bat. My mind blank because of too much noise downstairs. What was that?

 

"Okay guys, no more drama here. I almost puked." The guy with the bat said as he takes a slow step to Daehyun and me. This is dangerous. For me and Daehyun.

 

With that, they got into a fight and I just stand there, numb. I'm sorry, I'm so useless. 

Looking at Daehyun been punch and kick, I quickly back away as much as I could until my back hit the wall. No, this is not good. What should I do? I cup my mouth when I saw a blood dripping out from Daehyun's lips. My eyes moves to the right and left as fast as possible, wandering to find any weapon to save Daehyun from getting those beaten.

I don't want all of this happen. This is my fault. If I didn't met them for the first time, all of this won't happen. I will not know each of them and they also have no idea about me. I won't feel sad if all of them involved in anything dangerous or die. I should live my life as much as I like.

But...

Things happen. And I can't turn back the time to where everything was good. I already met them. We know each other.

 

I saw a steel bat on the floor near the door. Its must be the guys' since he brought the bat with him early. Perhaps, when he got a fist fight with Daehyun, he drops it carelessly. This is my chance. My one and only chance. I should help Daehyun. 

With a light but quick step, I charged towards the bat and grab it in my palm.

 

Its okay Daehyun, its time for me to protect you.

 

 


 

 

Hello my best readers, sorry for short updates. I promise I will updates next chapter tomorrow. :D 

I kind of have some problems so I can't updates more for this chapter.