Chapter 40

Protect


 

Chapter 40

 



 

 

Yes Daehyun, I miss you too..

 


 

 

It's been a week long after the incident happened. There's a lot of things that Daehyun tells me about how he really miss me the time I'm being kidnapped and how protective is s are. I'm so happy that they are still worried about me and they are not thinking about abandon me with the kidnapper. But what's with Himchan though? I really can't understand his action last week when we're still in the hospital. 

They have started work at the work shop again without even take a break after a tired vacation. Except me, Yongguk gave me a week off so I do not have to come to work for the past whole week. I really need this break after a painful vacation. He asks me to have a good rest and forget about all the things that happened on the vacation.

The vacation with them of course bring a lot of happiness but the memories that hang heaviest are the easiest to recall. The bad memories hold in their creases the ability to change one's life, organically, forever. Even when you shake them out, they've left permanent wrinkles in the fabric of your soul. I hate to admit that the vacation is actually a bad one. I must stop remembering... The more I remember, the greater my agony. These thoughts stuttered in my mind. I should just shut them up. Nothing will change if I didn't make any different because this brain only react to me. Myself only. 

For today outfit, I just barely put on a pair of blue jeans and black sleeveless shirt. I want to visit them at the work place. Tomorrow I will start working back with them but that idea still fighting in my head whether I should continue my work or not. To be honest, I still want to work with them but being in those circumstances is too dangerous. 

 

''Better get going by now.'' I left to the workshop by bus. Since I don't have a car license yet, I need to take a bus back and forth. Its does sound hard and needy but once you get used to it, its really not that bad. Even though I'm used to it, I still want to take the car license as soon as possible. Despite of my age, I should have a license and a car by now.

 

I wait at the bus stop while playing with my phone. Today is weirdly quiet. There is no people waiting for the bus and I notice the least car on the road. I ignore the weird feeling in my mind as I continue to set my gaze on the screen phone. Nothing will happen if I act like I don't care. That what was I thinking and it was totally wrong the moment I think I'm safe after the kidnapping thing.

Without noticing the situation, there is a guy watching a lonely Jaehee on the bus stop. He smirks to himself as he hides behind the trees across the bus stop, already set a huge plans.

 

"I hope you don't think that you are safe." The guy's voice is so deep that its almost cut the silence of the road. After observe the girl, he turns back and put the mask on his face, leaving the thoughtless Jaehee. 

 

After seems like an hour, the bus finally come and stop in front of the bus stop. I quickly put my phone back into my pocket and arrange my step into the bus. I greet the driver bus with my sincere smiles and he smiles back at me while nods his head. I let out my small purse from my handbag and take some change to pay for the bus. After put some coin in the box beside the driver, my eyes wildly move to search for a vacant seat. Luckily, today is not really busy so there is a lot of vacant seat. I stroll to the vacant seat near the window and take a seat there to get a better view.

Talking about quit from my work at BAP's place, I guess I should quit. I'm going to tell them that I want to take a rest, I mean a lot of rest from the work. After all this hard day, I think I should start a new life. I do love all BAP members but staying with them feel like I order a death to myself. I can hold it anymore and I don't want any of the member hurt because of me. They are badly injured when they tried to safe me from the other gang. I think it will be selfish if I choose to stay with them and demand them to always protect me. 

They also have their own life. I can't depend on them forever. That is not cool at all. I should think to move on too. Maybe a few meets won't hurt. I don't want to cut the relationship with them. All I want is to quit the works and continue study abroad I guess. But still, I'm going to contact them and asking for their life.

I drown in my own thought for a while as I lean my head on the window. The bus sudden stop make me come back to earth and realize that I already reach my destination. I stand up from the seat and rush out of the bus. I'm curious about their reaction of me quit the job. Will they support my dream? The workshop is the only thing that I could see right now. Somehow it does feel heavy to leave all of them. They are like family to me. As I'm about to step into the workshop, Daehyun saw me as he approach me and greets me happily as always. He always the first one to greet me. I smile at him, knowing that I'm gonna miss him sooner.

 

"Why don't you tell me first you're coming here? I could take an off day today and we could go on a date. Only two of us. We barely have a time together since the other members start to feel attached to you." Daehyun puts his arm all around my waist. He is so touchy but I don't mind since he doesn't has a dirty mind like other male. 

"I just want to surprise all of you." I chirp as I grin at him. He still act like a kid.

"I miss you so much. Lets have a dinner together. Himchan will cook for tonight dinner. You should join too." Daehyun let go of my waist as he interlaces his finger into mine. I nod happily as the thought of having a dinner together. Its been a long time to gather all together. 

 

As I'm about to said something to Daehyun, a long arm lock my neck but not in a harsh way. I startled by the sudden touch while Daehyun starts to groan unhappily. He knows s won't leave him and Jaehee alone. This is the disadvantage of having too much guy attached on his girl. 

I know the owner of the long arm since I could smell his scented. A vanilla scented come across my nose and I smile as I turn to face him. I automatically let go of Daehyun's hand since its hard for me to move freely with this giant kid behind me, almost hovering onto me. Daehyun seems disappointed the moment our hand break from each other but I'm too busy with the guy behind me to realize that.

 

"Zelo! I miss you so much." I hug the tall maknae as he hugs me back without any second.

 

He saw the change in Daehyun's face as he sticks his tongue to him while mouthing she-is-not-yours. Daehyun rolls his eyes as he almost lost his patient just now. How much he wants to smack Zelo's head for not respecting him. If only Jaehee is not here, he would smack down the maknae even the percentage of him win over Zelo is not much since the maknae is the tallest among them. 

 

"I miss you too, noona." Zelo chirp while act all cute in front of me, tries to irritate Daehyun more even though he knows his hyung already annoyed with his mischievous behavior. Having Jaehee by his side, Daehyun really can't do anything to him since Jaehee will takes his side and protect him from his hyungs.

 

The noisy that created by Zelo's voice grab other member's attention as they come to Jaehee one by one, greeting her and asks how was she doing all this time after the tragic incident. Sure they all worried about Jaehee's condition as the questions keep flooding through the workshop.

 

"I swear that I never see all my members act this way before. So cares and loving. All my members except Yongguk hyung and Himchan hyung since they are busy in the leader office. Maybe about another gang things." Daehyun mumbles as he leans his back on the wall while watching 's new lovely behavior in front of the girl.

"Yah, Jung Daehyun! What are you mumbling alone?" Himchan's voice could be heard when he saw Daehyun standing alone while muttering something. 

 

After done meeting with Yongguk, Himchan comes out from the room and about to continue his work but something hit his mind as he notices something different about the workplace. He notices that the place is too quiet. Usually, he could hear the maknae line voices screaming, yelling, laughing etc. Before he get into Yongguk's office, he still could heard the member's voice yet after exit from the office, it become noiseless. He could only sees Daehyun leaning on the wall alone by himself.

 

"Don't talk to me, hyung. I'm not in mood right now." With that, Daehyun leaves Himchan alone and continue doing his remaining works. He just wants to soothe his heart by forgetting about Jaehee for a while. 

"Weird." Himchan simply said as he glares at Daehyun's back that leaving him. He wants to asks about the other members but cancel his intention after he saw Daehyun sudden action. He just shrug as he walks to the back that leads to the store.

 

The moment he reaches his destination, a smirk could be seen plasters on his perfect face.

 

"Hyung, let Jaehee stay for dinner since you're cooking tonight." Zelo waves at Himchan as Himchan shortened the gap between s.

 

I swear I see a smirk on Himchan's face as he approach us. His gaze is on me as he stands beside me. I feel a bit awkward as I try to distract myself under Himchan's stares. I decide to go to Jongup since he stands a bit far from Himchan. Jongup is chatting with Youngjae and Zelo so I'm going to join them and cut off this strange feeling to be under his gaze. As I'm about to walk away from Himchan, suddenly a grip on my wrist make me stop from doing so. The warm on my wrist make me shiver as I turn to Himchan. He just couldn't erase those evil smirk on his face. 

 

"Why?" I simply ask as I try to pull my hand from him. Realizing that I'm slowly pulling my hand away from him, Himchan tighten the grip on my wrist and I'm quite surprise by his action. 

"Lets stay like this for a while. You know what, I actually don't want to share you with another guy." He said with a low voice. His face is expressionless as he pull me closer to his chest. I can feel a movement on his chest as he breathing heavily. What was that? What the things he said before. I don't really understand the meaning behind his words.

 

Sometimes, I feel all nervous around Himchan since he always do something unexpected to me. That day, he hates me so much that he wanted me to vanish from his life and today, he acts all sweet and gentleman in front of me or something weird that I can't read or figure it out. What is his motive afterall?

Gently, I push his chest away from me and take a few stepback from him. Himchan, you are weird but in a good way. I narrow my eyes at him as I look at his face. Still expressionless like always. But then, he smirks at me while mess up his hair. He does looks attractive while doing that simple action.

 

"You should stay for dinner since I'll prepare it myself. Let see how much you will like it." With that, he turns his back to me and walk away and I can hear a chuckle come out from him. Is he playing with me right now.