Chapter 6

Protect


Chapter 6 



 

''Weird.'' All I can say to describe Daehyun.

 

 

 

 

The next morning seems to arrive early as the sunlight go through the flower curtain in my room. 

 

''Hello world.'' I mumble as rub my sore back because of the works yesterday.

 

I look at my phone and swipe the screen to unlock it. My eyes are wide open when I see the time on my phone. 

 

''8.30 a.m.'' I throw my phone and lay back on the bed, thinking that it's still early in the morning to start my beautiful day.

''I'm going to sleep all day long since I'm already get fired from my work.'' I yawn and cover myself with my soft blanket.

 

...

 

''Wait?!! Work!!''

 

I leave my bed and race toward my bathroom to take a quick wash. How could I forget that I have a work? As I done prepare myself, I got out from my house and take a taxi to my workplace.

It didn't take so much time since the taxi sped up because I continue force the driver to drive with a speed.

 

''Please, I don't want to get fired again.'' I mutter under my breath.''

 

This is why I always in dismissal. LATE!

 

''Should I buy something for them? I can make an excuse for late arrival.'' The bad side of me start to show up in this situation.

 

I smirk while pay the driver. I turn my heels opposite to the way of my workplace and head straight to the food store.

 

''Let's see, if I were them what I might want at this time.'' I tap my chin and look around the store.

 

I decide to stroll at the drink aisle and my eyes sparkling at the thought of coffee. Men likes coffee right? 

I take 1 americano coffee , 2 espresso and 3 of caffe latte. And don't forget to myself too, I buy a cup of caramel macchiato for me.

The reason that I bought one americano is I used to see Himchan bought it before.

 

''Is that all?'' The cashier look at the 7 cup of different coffee in front of him.

''Yes.'' Is the only word that escape from my mouth. 

 

My money have been waste only to buy this for them. They must appreciate it or not I will kick them one by one.

The walk from there take a 10 minutes, I wipe away the sweat from my forehead and tie my hair into messy bun. Perfect .

 

''Annyeong !'' I happily greet them while show the coffee in my hand.

 

All of them just look at me uninterested and continue back their work.

 

What the hell?

 

uh?

 

Why they didn't scold or fired me for being late instead they just assume me like I'm an invisible girl.

 

''Oppa, you don't have something to said to me?'' I titled my head a bit to have a better sight of Yongguk.

''Just go back to your work.'' He demand.

 

Only that?

 

''Okay, but take this first.'' I distribute the coffee to them. 

 

Yongguk takes the coffee and put on his work table while others just glare at me without takes the coffee except Daehyun.

I pout at the cruel side of them and go to Daehyun.

 

''Daehyunnie, what can I help you?'' I put his coffee beside him.

 


 

Daehyun's P.O.V

 

Daehyunnie?

 

My new nickname?

 

It's sound cute.

 

I look at her and show my best smile ever.

 

''Just stay still beside me until I need your help.'' 

''But..Can you teach me how to repair this car.'' She pokes at the damage car excitedly.

''Umm..It too dangerous for you.'' I said unease.

''It's okay. I will do my best. I promise.'' She held out her pinky finger and force me to entangle with hers.

 

No. I suppose to protect her from any dangerous here..But..The looks in her eyes make me obey with her every single request.

 

''O-Okay.'' I stutter a bit and make she stands in front of me.

 

The scent of her make my adrenaline pumping to the melody of my heartbeat. I slowly hold her hand and lead her carefully. I feel like the time stop at the moment I touch her bare skin.

 

''Like this?'' She turn and her head hit my chest. 

 

My face become red as tomato and I quickly throw away the shy feeling that I feel right now.

 

''Hmm.'' I hum shortly.

''Look, I can do it correctly, you just need to put your trust in me.'' She exclaim in my embrace.

''Good job.'' I praised her and received a smile from her.

 

''Yah hyung, are you working or dating?'' Youngjae snap away my thought and I quickly release her from my embrace.

''I-I'm working..Can you tell?'' Aish, this kid really interfere my moment with Jaehee.

''Do your work properly hyung.'' With that Youngjae leaves. 

 

Seriously, what with this kid? 

 

''So, what should I do next?'' She waves her hand in front of me.

''Ahh..Let me see..Just stay by my side first.'' I didn't put my trust on her yet because she's still a newbie. Plus, I can't let her doing such a heavy thing alone.

''Eo.'' She just nod her head like a kid.

 

That's my girl.

 

End of Daehyun's P.O.V

 


 

I keep wandering around the workshop and something pull my attention.

A puff of wind swung the handmade windmill around and it's looks like they are dancing to the rhythm of the wind. It's so beautiful. I've never see this in age, I just busily work to pay my debt and bills that haunt me. My heart feel calm at the side of it.

 

''What are you doing here by yourself?'' A husky voice rings in my eardrum and I turn around.

''Daehyunnie?'' I call his name. I don't know how come every time I call his name, my heart beat unstable.

''Yes?'' He comes towards me.

''Nothing, I just like calling your name.'' I flash a lovely smile.

 

After hearing my words, he quickly turn to other side. Avoid my eyes.

 

How adorable.

 

''Let's continue our work.'' Daehyun smile to me.

 

We walk together to continue our work but on the way there, I see all of them gather at one place.

What was that?

 

''Let's go eavesdrop them.'' I naughtily said and drag him to the corner of the wall.

 


 

''Hyung, why should you hire her?'' Jongup said as he disagree at Yongguk's decision.

''It's not worth it.'' Youngjae add.

''Yah, hyung!! Don't talk like that at noona.'' Zelo defense.

''Are you really ing kidding us Zelo? Why do you need to defense that freaking girl? And you !'' Himchan points at Yongguk.

''Why the hell do you accept Daehyun's nonsense idea? You know our incoming didn't that much right? And yet you still stand here, doing nothing.'' Himchan blurt out his mean words.

 

On the other hand, Yongguk didn't say anything when he saw Jaehee and Daehyung hide behind the wall. He made an eye contact with Daehyun and Daehyun quickly step back.

 


 

I peek through Daehyun's back since he stand in front of me. I can't hear what they're saying so I decide to walk beside Daehyun.

But then, he turn and facing me while cover my ears. 

 

What's with him?

 

''Why?'' I wonder by his sudden action.

''Do you hear something unpleasant?'' He asks me but his hand still cover my ear.

''No. Why?'' I still can hear his voice.

''Just..nothing. Let's go there.'' He lead me to the damaged car he used to repair before.

 

I look at him and he seems weird.

 

''Are you okay?'' I approach near him.

''Uh-Yes.'' He simply said.

 

Then, the rest of BAP come and stroll toward us.

 

''I need to talk something with you, Jaehee.'' Yongguk's voice make Daehyun' raised his head.

''NOO!!'' With Daehyun's scream, all of us stare weirdly at him.