Chapter 28

Protect


Chapter 28



 

Daehyun's P.O.V

Walking to the living room with two cups on my hand, I called for Jaehee. She must be thirsty too after meeting with a strange and weird bastard so I make an orange juice for her while a cold water for me. As I reach, the two cup on my hand immediately drop from my hand and hit the cold floor. The front door hung open and the most important is Jaehee's not there.

My heartbeat quickened as I hurried towards Jaehee's room and to my sorrow, there's no Jaehee's figure there. I run to the others room and checked for her, but she's not there.

 

''Yah, anybody home?'' I heard Yongguk's deep voice downstairs and hope that Jaehee's there too. I rush to him and saw him standing in front of the door. Alone.

''Take this. You must be thankful because I bought a late dinner for you and Jaehee. Tomorrow we will go home and start to work again, tell others too about this news.'' He said and throw a plastic bag to me. I easily catch it and put the plastic bag on the couch.

''Hyung..'' I timidly said but Yongguk didn't respond to me. He walk to the kitchen and hurl his car key on the dining table.

''Hyung!'' I said but now I raised my voice a bit, trying to get his attention.

''What?'' Yongguk said annoyingly and lazily walk toward me. 

''Where's Jaehee?'' I ask him and hoping that he will give a good answer. An answer that didn't make my heart stop beating.

''What's wrong with you? You're with her not me, so you must know where she is.'' He said and walk upstairs after pass beside me.

''Hyung.'' My voice become lower as my heartbeat beating furiously. Yongguk didn't said anything but he stop in his pace, turning to look at my pale face.

''She's gone.'' I said, without noticing, a tears slip from my eyes.

 

Yongguk comes to me and grabs my shoulder. Yongguk that I know now become different. His hand start to trembling as well as his voice.

 

''Don't joke around, Jung Daehyun.'' He glares at me and said in his low voice. His grip on my shoulder become tight as I can feel the pain now.

''Jaehee's gone.'' I said as my head hung lower, didn't dare to look in Yongguk's eyes. 

''It's not funny, not funny at all.'' After saying those words, he push me away, making me fall beside the couch. The pain where I suppose to feel right now on my waist, I didn't feel it because that pain run to my heart. My heart feel like throbbing anytime and it's hurt. My heart hurt badly. I feel like I can't breathe as I'm thinking of Jaehee.

 

Yongguk runs to the kitchen and get his car key on the dining table where he puts before. He then quickly runs to the front door and get his car. Without thinking, I rush to Yongguk's car and join him in his car as well.

Yongguk turns to me with his cold eyes and close the car's door with his strength, making a loud sound. A sound of anger.

 

''How can this happened?'' He said through his clench teeth and reverse the car like a crazy person.

''A guy comes to the mansion and said something ridiculous..I managed to slam the door in front of his face and lead Jaehee in the mansion. When I went to the kitchen, I left Jaehee alone in the living room. But when I came back, she's gone..And the most important is the front door were opens wide.'' I explained everything that happened just a minutes ago to Yongguk carefully. 

''Who's that ing guy?'' He said, trying not to lose his patient.

''I don't know. I never saw him.'' I said while mess with my hair. I feel like a fool because I wasn't able to protect Jaehee. I just want to beat myself badly.

''Who the is him?'' Yongguk said again but this time he's not driving on the road instead he stopped his car to the side of the road and hit the steering as hard as he can. 

 

The atmosphere in the car becomes tense as the sound of engine can be heard. 

 

''He..He looks like you..hyung.'' I said, breaking the silence as I try to recall back that bastard face. Even I only can see his face in the darkness, I wonder why he's face look like Yongguk. Plus that guy eyes is the same as Yongguk.

''.'' Yongguk said and punch the steering in front of him. The sound of his fist collide with the steering make me feel nervous. I never saw this side of Yongguk.

''That ing Yongnam.'' He said, almost in a whisper tone that I only heard the curse words only.

''Hyung, you know where's Jaehee at?'' I said, turning to him. I hope he will cool down a little because his red face that full of anger seems like he will punch me every time he wants.

''No. I ing don't know. Where could that ing bastard takes Jaehee to? What should I ing do?'' He said but it sound like he's asking a question in the same time.

''Hyung, this is all my fault. I'm sorry for not able to protect Jaehee.'' I said as my I face him.

 

Yongguk tightened his fist as he turns to me. After I've finish talking to him, a fist land on my face. Yongguk just punch me on my eyes, making me feel numb. The pain hits me as I close my eyes with my palm.

 

''This is for your careless action.'' He said in an angry voice.

 

Another punch land on my lips again this time, making me spit out a blood. 

 

''And this is for what's going to happened to Jaehee.'' Yongguk said but this time in his low voice.

 

I just take the hit as I really deserve it without fight back with him. Yongguk's right. This is my fault. If I didn't leave her before, this will not happened.

Oh God, please take care of Jaehee wherever she was.