Chapter 22

Protect


Chapter 22



 

Zelo P.O.V

I drag her to the mansion without say any much words. I'm sorry, noona, to freak you out. I promise I will become your cute Zelo back. 

 


 

 

I just follow Zelo quietly and didn't dare to asks him anything after saw his true color today. Himchan comes to us when he saw both of us come in the mansion with tense and leans his back on the door frame as we enter. He just stay silent and lock the door after Zelo and I already in the mansion.

 

''Hyung, I'm gonna go upstairs first. If Yongguk hyung comes home, just calls me in my room.'' Zelo said suddenly after a long silent. Himchan just hums and walk away, leaving me standing alone near the front door. 

''What is wrong with everyone in this house?'' I mumble as I look around. The house feels so empty and a hushed atmosphere suddenly fill around the hall. Everybody nor sound can't be seen or heard in this huge mansion. 

 

I drop myself on the brown sofa and keep looking at upstairs.

 

''Is everyone angry at me?'' I heave a deep, weary sigh and lean my back comfortably. 

 

The sound of a car engine suddenly can be heard outside the mansion. I only stare at the front door without doing anything because I can't even open the front door because Himchan already locked it before. As I about to call Himchan for a key, suddenly someone burst into the mansion. 

 

''Yongguk oppa?'' I said and spot another key in his grips. He examine the whole mansion and looks at me with his calm expression.

''Oppa, where have you been?'' I ask while look at his direction, hoping that he will answer me.

''Anywhere.'' He reply with one words and rubs his right temple.

''Yah, where are you all this time?'' Himchan's voice suddenly ring as he make his way toward Yongguk. Yongguk didn't say anything instead he just plop himself on the couch, beside me.

''Let's talk about that later, where is everyone?'' Yongguk said while shut his eyes. 

''Upstairs.'' Himchan reply lazily and about to walk upstairs but stop when he heard his name being called by Yongguk.

''Let's have a talk outside.'' He said with a deep low voice. Himchan just remain silent for a moment before nods to him. I turn to Yongguk's side to ask whether I could join in their conversation at his car but then I cancel my intent when Yongguk said,

''Only both of us.'' 

 

Himchan walks straight to open the front door and Yongguk get up from his seat. As Himchan and Yongguk already leave the mansion, I quickly make my way to the front door as well. Maybe I can hear their conversation from here. I place my right ear on the door and hope that their voice can be reach against this door. 

 

''Are you a thief or something?'' I quickly pretend that I'm doing a small exercise near the door as I saw Jongup on the stairs.

''Of course no, h-how could I be a thief when I j-just trying to do an exercise here.'' I laugh awkwardly and stroll toward the couch slowly. 

''Weird.'' He said and make his way to the kitchen. I take a glance toward the kitchen direction when Jongup's shadow already disappear from my sight. 

''That was so close.'' I wipe my sweat on my forehead and decide to eavesdrope their conversation again but I need to be more careful this time.

 

I tip toed toward the door but stop as I think of the best way to hear their conversation. I can't open the door because it's too obvious and they absolutely can sense my presence. So, I slowly open the window just enough to eavesdrope on the conversation outside. 

 

Himchan P.O.V

As Yongguk close the front door, he turns to my way. I look at him and lean my back on his car. I don't know why but I can tell something is definitely wrong with Yongguk. 

 

''So what are you gonna tell me?'' I break the silent as he didn't said anything.

''I met him today.'' Yongguk said but I can tell he's sad by hearing his voice. I know who's he's means by 'him' and I know why he looks miserable today. 

''Yongnam right? So?'' I reply. I don't want to talk about the past as I know it will hurt him more. So, I decide to pretend that I already forget those memories of her and Yongguk so that Yongguk can move on his life after she died.

''I miss her.'' Yongguk finally confess his feeling and I can fell how hurt is Yongguk all this time. It's difficult to pretend to be okay when the heart actually ache. 

 

There's a long silent and I can see the corner of Yongguk's eyes wet a bit because of the tears that he'd been hold for a long time finally drops on the earth. I felt so sorry because he didn't deserve this painful life that he'd been hiding from the others member but I'm glad that he brave enough to share with me about his dark past.

 

''Have you visit her?'' I ask him. He didn't said anything instead he just nods his head and rub the corner of his eyes with his hand roughly.

 

I never see Yongguk's tears before and I never expect that he will cry over this case but now I know that he also a human and like a normal people too that have all the emotions. 

 

''Did Yongnam said anything?'' I ask him as I remember that Yongguk said that he met with Yongnam before. He nods again and tells about everything he'd been through today. 

''I know it's hard for you but what should we do? That guy can be out of his mind when it comes about the past. You know Yongnam probably can hurt the boys and Jaehee because of the past.'' I said, worry about the other members. 

''Yes, I know that. I need to protect you guys from him and his little gangs. It will be tough so I need your help too.'' Yongguk said, his eyes now full of protector and he tells me the plans that he made to protect our members and Jaehee. 

''Can we really beat him or shot him already?'' I said as I really annoyed with that Yongnam guy.

''No, don't do that. He's my other half. I can't hurt him. Let's just give him some lessons.'' Yongguk said and I realized that he's still loves his twin brother eventhough Yongnam keeps blame on him over her death.