Chapter 38

Protect


Chapter 38



 

 

Its okay Daehyun, its time for me to protect you.

 

 


 

 

 

"I guess we should help Daehyun and Jaehee right now." Himchan said as he kicks the unconscious guy on the floor. 

"Yeah, we should." Youngjae agreed as he and Jongup run towards where Daehyun and Jaehee were in rush. Zelo who's in charge of Yongguk's safety already left the building earlier.

 

All Yongnam's men already on the floor after Himchan and s left a beaten senseless on them. He smirks while look at all of them. Don't ever mess with anger Himchan. He won't forgive anyone that touch s even he's not a leader in their group.

Perhaps being an oldest member make him acted like that. The protective one. He smiles sadly as he watch the view in front of him. Will all of this stop? Until when they need to beat people. He thought to himself as he looks at his hand. Full of blood. Full of bruise.

 

 

Is this that he wants all this time? Violent? 

 

Does hurting people all he wants? Satisfied?

 

When should he stops? Limitless?

 

"I'm sorry."

 

 

 


 

 

 

The bat already in my grip. I just need to hit the guy but I can't find the right time to do so. He's kind of tangled with Daehyun and I'm afraid I will hit Daehyun. My hand trembles along with my legs. I can't receive this negative attitude. I can't cry. I can't turn to weak one. 

 

Please, Jaehee. You can do it. 

 

With close eyes, I swing the bat towards the guy and I can hear a shriek of pain come out from the guy's mouth. 

 

What happen?

 

I don't feel any hard thing collide with my bat.

 

I hope I don't hit a wrong person. I can't open my eyes as the thought keep lingering in my mind. The reason why I close my eyes is because I never hit people before and I will never hit people. I don't know why I choose to do that but I know how it feel when someone hit you. Its hurt and I can't share those feeling with others even with bad person. 

The room seems quite as no one make any noise. Did someone die? I quickly open my eyes to see the guy lay unconsciously in front of me. But something seems weird.

Where's Daehyun?

 

"Daehyun-ah." His name escapes from my lips as I feel the hot water roll out from my eyes.

 

Then, the second I know, I'm in someone embrace. His arm that hang around my waist make my tears stream more. Its full of bruise.

 

"Don't cry. You are okay now." A familiar voice whisper and I fee safe in his embrace.

"Daehyun, are you okay?" My voice crack.

"Of course. Don't underestimate me. I'm strong enough to protect you." Daehyun said as he gently turns me to face him.

 

As I turn to look at him, my heart beat faster. To my surprise, Youngjae and Jongup  are there too. They greet me with a smile and my eyes quickly dart away to Jongup's hand. He's holding a bat cover with blood. Something hit me. He was the one who hit the guy just now, not me. I'm sure I just carelessly swing the bat with no sense of direction. I'm glad they came.

I'm glad I don't hit anybody. It will give me a nightmare if I do so. I'm glad to meeting all of them. This is not a mistake after all. This is fate.

 

"How could you...." My words been cut off by Jongup.

"I know you scared. You don't have to pretend to be brave anymore." Jongup said as he caress my hair.

"We're here." Youngjae smiles as he hold my hand in a protective way even though we're never so closed before.

 

The words we're here make me relieved for a while. This is weird. With those words, I am able to be calm. It's feel like I have forget all the nightmares that happen to me all this time. 

I can see the pain on all their face but they didn't even whine about getting hit for a few times instead they let their lips turn into a smile when they meet me. I look at the member one by one and try to flash my pretty smile even though I don't feel like smiling right now. How can I adjust my lips to curled upward in this hectic situation easily? But, this is the least I can do for them. It's so useless to cry in this situation. At least I should give encouragement for them. 

 

''Let's go. We can't stay in this place any longer.'' Himchan's presence suddenly come into our sight as he keep breathing heavily, maybe he becomes tired after fighting and running to get us. I nod. This is the perfect time to run away, I can't let them hurt again. 

 

Daehyun holds my hand tightly in his grips as he suddenly start to run following by the other members. Since Himchan knows all the way out, he takes a lead in front. Sometimes, he will turns to the back and make sure all s are following closer to him. He makes an eye contact with me for a second and quickly turns back in front. 

After we left the building safely, we run straight to where our car being parked earlier. Daehyun's grips on me become so tight as his thumb slowly caress my hand, maybe he wants to tell me everything is going to be okay.

 

''Hurry. Climb up the car.'' Himchan commands as he quickly jump on at the driver seat. Beside the weary Himchan, there's Yongguk, leaning at the passenger seat while breath heavily. Zelo already in the back seat, waiting for others to get in. Daehyun quickly open the door and letting me get in first. I feel bad for board this car first before them but I put those mindset aside. I move beside Zelo rapidly and let the others enter the car as well. Daehyun jump in the car and in a flash, he's sitting next to me but to my surprised, he suddenly lift me a bit and let me sit on his laps. The other two members also get in the car without wasted any times. 

 

I feel a bit uncomfortable with this situation since Daehyun is in a great pain and letting me sit on his laps will not help him at all. Himchan speed up the car without waiting any longer. His aim right now is to send Yongguk to the hospital as soon as possible. The atmosphere in the car just filled with silent. Everybody don't have any energy left to start a conversation between each other. They just lean on the seat and have their eyes closed except for Himchan.

 

''Daehyun, are you okay?'' I suddenly said, my tone obviously worry about our situation right now. He smiles.

''Yes, I'm okay.'' Unexpectedly, his tone is bright than before. I feel really bad for him. I am such a burden.

''But- sitting on you- I feel bad..'' I try to make a proper sentence but my lips don't listen to my mind as it just let out an important words only. I hope Daehyun understand what I want to tell him badly.

''It's okay, if I didn't do this, Jongup will probably being left alone at the building.'' He said, try to persuade me that he's okay. I steal a glance at Jongup, who's sitting next to the door with no space around him anymore. If Daehyun didn't let me sit on his laps before, there's no space for Jongup to get in the car. 

''Plus, you're super light. You're look thin Jaehee. They don't give food to you? How long have you been hungry?'' He said but at the last words, his voice become slower. It's feel like he's been holding his tears when he asks those questions to me. 

 

Hearing such a concern questions from Daehyun sure make me tear up. I just shook my head to Daehyun as my reply to his question. It's impossible for me to answer those question. I bite my lips hard as I don't want to let Daehyun knows that I am crying right now. 

Out of the blue, Himchan looks at me through the rear view mirror. He probably hears me sniffing behind him. I quickly avoid Himchan's glance and stare at my shoes.

 

''Yah Jung Daehyun, close your eyes and sleep like others. I will wake you up when we arrived at the hospital. You too Jaehee.'' Himchan said and speed up the car slowly. He just step on the pedal a bit to speed up since he knows there are six people in the car that he loved and he probably doesn't want something bad like an accident happen due to his speeding.