Chapter 39

Protect


 

Chapter 39

 



 

He just step on the pedal a bit to speed up since he knows there are six people in the car that he loved and he probably doesn't want something bad like an accident happen due to his speeding.

 


 

 

"You should get treatment too. You injured so badly, oppa." I look at Himchan who refuse to get treatment along with . All of the members are being treated right now except for Himchan and I don't even know his reasons for not getting the treatment.

"No, its okay. I still can hold it. The pain won't kill me." Himchan said, chilling as he leans on the wall while waiting for the rest. Actually, I don't want to appear weak in front of you, Lee Jaehee. How can I protect you if you see me in my weakest state.

"Are you sure? You're bleeding and still you won't get the treatment? What gotten into you, oppa?" I sigh as I can't do anything about his stubbornness. This guy is sure obstinate. Himchan just nods without saying much. Perhaps, tired of talking. 

"If you said so." I simply reply as I walk away from him, leaving him alone.

 

I make my way to the lift and stand in front of it. The private hospital does looks quiet and peace since there isn't a lot of patient. I press the down arrow button and wait for the lift to stop at my level. After learn about Himchan's stubbornness, I decide to buy him something that could treat his wound temporarily until we reach the villa and get treat properly. A plaster would do. After a few minutes, the lift make a ting sound and the door of the lift finally open. Still, there's no one even in the lift. Its not really busy like any hospital. 

I get into the lift and stand near the button so its easier for me to press it and make a room for the patient or nurse if they happen to ride the lift too. Pressing the 2 button, the door lift close and I wait inside until it reach my destination. 

Talking about Kim Himchan, I wonder what makes he thinks that way. Why did he won't receive the treatment here. I mean, this is hospital. Why did he was in doubt so much. What actually wrong with him. There's a lot of things that run into my mind but I can't figure any one of it. I shook my head as I try to not thinking about him. Instead, Yongguk comes into my mind. He does hurt badly since his head covered with blood just now. I feel bad when I saw him in that condition. He looks the worst compare to all members. Somehow, guilty took over me. If I didn't call them and just let myself rotten with the kidnapper, I'm sure no one will get hurt. That was the least I could do to repay their kindness. 

I close my eyes as I bump my head on the steel wall. This is so wrong. My eyes get watery and I don't even hold myself from crying. My throat burn and my heart ache. The urge to cry comes and goes, chaotic, powerful, spilling hot tears. In between the floods it sit heavy on my heart. The pain in my heart is just unbearable. Even I try to soothe myself, its always end up with tears. I don't know what should I do anymore. 

 

"Miss, are you okay?" A soft voice could be heard and I feel a touch on my shoulder. I look at the owner of the voice and startled when I realized that I'm still in the lift. The lift already reach the 2nd level yet I still in here, sobbing like a lost child. 

"You don't look good. Are you okay?" The nurse asks for the second time. She seems worried as she looks at me. I quickly wipes the remaining tears when I come to face her. I just nod instead of answering her. I'm afraid that my voice might break into tears. 

 

After ensure that I'm fine, I left the lift and roam around the level to buy some plaster. I need to find it quickly and go back to Himchan. As I look around, I saw the small store inside the building and rush there. I won't make Himchan waiting for too long.

 

 


 

 

"Seriously, you don't have to do that. I said I'm okay." Himchan rebels as he looks annoyed with my actions. He grabs my arm, tries his best to avoid the plaster on my grip. I widen my eyes while try to escape his grasp. Even he is in pain, he still strong as nothing happen to him before. I remove his hand on my arm and hold his wrist tightly. For him, my grip isn't that tight and he could possibly escape but instead of doing that, he just stay still. 

"Aigoo, Kim Himchan. Why are you acting like this?" I narrow my eyes to him as I put the plaster on his forehead since he got a little cut there. Fortunately, its not a deep cut.

"Do you seriously call me like that?" This time, Himchan grab my right wrist and I can feel a little tension in his grip. Is he angry at me? I become panic when he suddenly looks so serious.

"I don't mean to call your surname. I'm sorry." Perhaps, its sound disrespectful. I search for his eyes, afraid of him sudden change. I mean, I do really afraid of him right now after saw all those guys into fight just now. He somewhat looks so pissed off. 

"Ayy...oppa, I'm sorry." I sound almost plead as my left hand caress his hand that grab my other hand. "You don't have to look at me like that, oppa." I try to escape from his grip but failed miserably. 

"You should be grateful that you're just free from the kidnapper today and I won't do anything to you. If not, you don't want to even imagine what I will do to you if you keep calling me like that." His threaten words do make my heart shake for a while. I feel a bit scared by those words. I don't even want to imagine what? I quickly take both of my hand from him and slightly panic with his dangerous eyes. 

 

Realizing my coward action, a self satisfied smirks slid onto his face. He release my wrist and lean on the chair as he close his eyes. My heart almost escape from the rib cage when I saw those devilish smirk from Himchan just now. I just take a seat beside him and try to calm down myself while waiting for others. This is going to be a long day. 

 

"And wipes those tears. You look ugly with teary eyes." It hurt me when you are crying because I'm not there to wipes those tears and lean my shoulder for you.

"You're so mean. And I'm not crying." I lied. How does he knows that I'm crying. I secretly wipes the invincible tears on my cheek. 

"Then explain those red eyes." He simply said as he turns his face to me. I quickly close my eyes when I noticed his head turn on me. "Nothing to explain and I'm going to take a quick nap." I simply said, try to hide the fact with a white lies.

 

As I close my eyes, Himchan caress my cheek with his thumb and I can feel the warmth in his touch. The way he caress my cheek make my heart beat wildly. I don't dared to open my eyes and look at his face. This is just too much. How much I want to escape from him right now but like gravity, he keeps pulling me towards him. What's wrong with you today, Kim Himchan?

 

After about an hour, all the member come out one by one and approach us. I smile when I see all of them look slightly better than before. Himchan is fast asleep as he still in a deep sleep when the members gather around us. The first thing that fill my mind after seeing them is Bang Yongguk. My eyes busily searching for him as I stand up from the seat, let the others member sit there. The last one to approach us is him, Yongguk. There is a bandage around his forehead and my eyes finally land on him. He smiles at me when he sees me go towards him. I really want to hug him right now but look at his condition, I cancel my intention. How I feel like crying after I saw those sincere smile and without I realized, the tears fall naturally. 

 

"Why are you crying?" Yongguk's deep voice greet me. How much I miss those deep voice.

"I'm worried about you." I wipe the tears and try not to cry anymore. The sight of Yongguk safe make me feel relieved. "I'm sorry for putting all of you in troubles." My voice become inaudible as I look down on my shoes. 

"Okay, okay enough of that. Let's go home. I'm sure you guys are hungry after today incident. Let's go." Himchan comes and put his arm around Yongguk's shoulder and kind of drag him out of my sight. 

 

Yongguk just follow him while signing me to come over. Seriously, what's wrong with Himchan. I just want to talk to Yongguk more. After debate with myself, I finally follow them and Daehyun comes to me, talking endlessly. 

Yes Daehyun, I miss you too..