XXIV ♕

100 Days with Kim Hanbin !
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I watched him leaving with Sumin from the window, behind the white curtain that seemed to be like a wall between me and reality. He was still holding her hand and, unfortunately, not even a wall could protect me from the pain that floated every inch of my skin like an incurable disease. 

Emotional pain isn’t felt the way a cut or bruise is. You can't see it but you know it's there. That pain is at the back of your mind like a pulse. Other times it pushes itself forward demanding attention...Cutting your heart and mind in half, stinging with every breath you take.

 

"Why did I agree to play games with him? Why was I so sure that he can't trick me? How could  I fall for him so fast? "

 

Maybe it was me who was naive and tried to see the good parts he seemed to have.I grabbed the curtain into my hand as I tried to hold back my tears. 

I was dealing pretty good with it until flashes of memories came up in my mind. Every touch, every memory with him became wounds. People say that the ''wound'' must be opened to be healed but other times a well meaning person may seek to heal what should be left alone. If it can be ignored, isn't it kinder to have faith in the natural healing process?

Someone knocked, the door creaked as a familiar face came in. I was surprised to see Mino... He was definitely the right man at the right time.

''Dollface, I was wondering if you...'' He swallowed his words once he saw my expression.The beads of water started to race down one after another, without a sign of stopping. The pain came out like an uproar from my throat. The noisy sobs echoed through the room. 

I never learnt how to cry with style, silently, the pearl-shaped tears rolling down my cheeks from wide luminous eyes, like on the covers of Korean dramas posters. I looked like 'Smigel' from Lord of the Rings with red eyes.

''I'm sorry I was just...'' I turned my back to him as I used my  sleeve to wipe the tears that wouldn't stop falling down.'' I think I have something in my eyes...'' I felt like I was boiling with emotions.

I could hear his steps getting closer and closer to me until I felt his hands on my shoulders, spinning me around and pinning me against the wall. My back felt the impact but it couldn't count as a pain anymore... not after what happened that day.

''Hana, look at me.'' He demanded as he lifted my chin up, but my eyes were still targeting the floor.

''Look at me!'' His imposing voice made me bit my lower lip and take a deep breath. I gazed in his eyes as the world turned into a blur and so did all the sounds. The smell. The taste. Everything was gone. The last painful emotion slammed against me before I lost the feeling of my senses. Everything darkened into nothingness as I passed into the oblivion of unconsc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter