[FINAL] Spring Festival

[3] Blue Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: really the FINAL chapter. :) Thank you for waiting ^^

 

 

 

“Good evening Mrs.Kim.” Minwoo together with the twins arrived at the front step of Sehun’s mansion. “Is Sehun still there?” Mrs. Kim let them all in and told them to wait in the living room. As Mrs.Kim is the head of the maids in Oh household, she instructed one of the maids to go upstairs to inform Sehun and another maid to get drinks for the young gentlemen.
Sehun’s parents
Sehun was still in the middle of preparing when he heard the knock followed by a voice on the other side of his door. “I’ll be down in a bit.” Sehun was only fourteen years old but he’s a person who’s very conscious of how he looks. He doesn’t like it when he’s not properly dressed or whatsoever that will make people look at him differently. When Sehun reached the age of seven, he’s been exposed to a lot of people. His parents always tag him along during company’s parties and other gatherings. Because of this, Sehun grew more and more aware of himself, also because Sehun’s mother is a perfectionist, that is why he must excel in many areas.

“Sorry, I’m late.” Sehun said while rushing down the stairs. “Seriously what took you so long? You’re like a girl.tch.” Minwoo complained as he stands up to face his friend. “Sorry.” Sehun apologized once again while grinning at his friends. He can always get away with them with his smile especially when his eyes were smiling too. It’s hard for his friends to get angry at him looking like that.
“I don’t actually mind, as long as you give us bountiful foods every time.” Kwangmin said with mouth full while holding two cookies in both hands. “Aw!” Youngmin hits his twin brother. “Sorry for that Sese. By the way, you look really dressed today..” he compliments and lifted a brow suspiciously. “You’ve got a date, don’t you?” Sehun reddened as his friend hits the bull’s eye. He was indeed going to meet a girl, and that is no other than their friend Mina but he did not tell it to them. Minwoo ran to his back and did a headlock while forcing Sehun to spill his agenda for the night.. a special night.


~~

“Where is she?” Kwangmin walks to his side, still eating. Sehun was waiting on the exact place they agreed to met, rather, he told her to meet. “The fireworks’ about to start..” Youngmin added and snatch Kwangmin’s food. “You sure you don’t want to join us instead?” Minwoo asks, a bit worried by now. “She won’t be able to find us later if I don’t wait for her here. It’s so crowdy in here. You guys go ahead. I’ll wait for Mina.”

 

~~

 

“Sehun…” Minwoo taps Sehun’s shivering shoulder, “She’s not coming.” Sehun sniffs and rubs his arms to get rid of the cold. “She will come.” Sehun said, still looking at the entrance of the place.
“The twins went back with their family. The festival already ended Sehun. She won’t come. Let’s go home.” Minwoo grabs Sehun’s thin jacket, pulling him to the exit’s direction, but Sehun did not budge, nor look at him. His eyes were still waiting.
Sehun is still hugging the small possibility that Mina will come, because if she won’t …it means.. she won’t accept his feelings. That is what he said to him. This is something Sehun doesn’t want to accept yet, can’t absorb yet and can’t take in yet. “Sehun..” Minwoo starts to pity his friend seeing his friend trying his hardest not to show any tear to him. He was trying to look strong, to look solid even if he’s already slowly melting inside.

Once again, Minwoo grabs his arm and pulled him off his spot but it’s no use. Sehun remained motionless, except this time, a visible tear appeared at the corner of his eye. “She will come…” he weakly said and wipes the tear in his eye. “She won’t reject me… she won’t…. “ his last words came out like a whisper, he almost just mouthed it. Minwoo steps closer and place his arm on the back of his neck, pulling his head lower. “it’s so not cool to cry Sehun, you’re a man bro. Man up!” Minwoo then took the opportunity to drag his friend back home.

 



 

PRESENT

--------------------------

knock knock

 


“Mina?”


knock knock


“I’m coming in”
Still got no response so, Sehun slowly opens the door and let his head in. His eyes wandered around, Mina wasn’t in sight. Sehun steps in and gently close the door after him so he won’t wake Sunwoo who’s already asleep. He stops on the far left corner where small study table is located. On the table, papers were scattered, there is a pencil case, mechanical pen, eraser, and colorful sticky notes. Sehun the thick paper with his long fingers and smiled at it. She’s still studying even after the exam.
Mina was currently in the washroom preparing for bed when Sehun arrived. When she’s done and stepped out of their small bathroom, she let out a loud gasp upon seeing Sehun standing in the middle of the room. “Ah, you scared me there.” Mina breathes in and walks to his side. “Do you need something? What is it?” Mina proceeds to her table to clean up her things.

 


“Are you busy?” Sehun asks following her movements. Mina glanced at him while cleaning up. “Not much, why?”
“I’ll wait at the garden's bench,” with that, Sehun steps out of the room and head straight to the location he just mentioned. Mina looks at the door, puzzled. She has no idea what is he up to. He doesn’t seem angry or irritated, nor in good mood. What could be the reason? Is he still mad? Why would he be mad at me in the first place? She then turned off the study lamp before leaving the room to follow the young master.

~~

 

“What is it?” Mina asked when she reached his location and the distance were enough for him to hear her normal voice. “Sit,” was sehun's short reply that could be interpreted as a command. Mina followed without a word.

Its been about 5 minutes since she sat down but since then, sehun did not utter a word or even move a finger. The two of them were sitting on both ends of the bench. Sehun was crossing his arms in his wide chest with right leg over the other. His eyes were locked in no particular object infront.
“Is there something you want to ask? …to talk about or something?” Mina said breaking the silence. But Sehun still did not respond. Mina was now wearing her pajamas and did not bring a jacket with her since she wasn’t expecting that it’ll take this long. She expected that he’s just nag her or ordered her something.


Sehun was still organizing things in his mind. He is good at math and good at problem solving, so it bothers him that he couldn’t find the answers on how he should say things properly. Through his peripheral vision, he saw Mina rubbing her arms and hugging herself. He sighed, he should make his quick.


“Before anything else, let me first apologize for the last time… properly. I want to properly apologize.”
“Uhm…what last time?”
“The last time, that friend of yours went here, the time when I emphasized the word 'maid’. I’m sorry. I really didn’t mean to. Sorry for hurting your feelings. It wasn’t my intention to embarrass you. I just want to clear that out. I.. I.. i don’t know what got into me. I suddenly got.. a little… furious when I saw him that night. Probably, I thought… ‘wasn’t it my place to always be there for you?’ ‘to be the person on your side?’ ‘to be the person you can always count on?’ That’s probably the reasons …that’s what I can only think of.. but really, I am your friend. A friend won’t say a word to embarrass a friend right? I’m really sorry.” Sehun lowered his head.


Mina looks away from him and sighed while stretching his legs to get rid of the cold. “That’s probably, the longest sentence I’ve heard from Oh Sehun since the day I met him.” Mina chuckled. Sehun looks up to her and she immediately responded with a smile. Sehun’s eyes widened at the sight, it’s also been a long time since she smiled like that to him. “Well.. I’ll admit, I really got mad that time but a friend can’t stay mad or hold grudges to a friend, right?” Once again their eyes met before they both look away. And almost at the same time, smiles lit up their faces. “Thank you.” Sehun murmured, enough for her to hear.

“By the way, today, I met Minwoo. No Minwoo.”
“You did? I saw him too!” Mina excitedly said. “I bumped onto him when I was buying your medicine in the convenient store the day you got sick..but I forgot to get his contact or home address..” she pouted and lowers her head.
“Don’t worry. I have it now. He was also informed that we’re living under one roof so he said, he will visit us one time. You know him, he likes surprises. I’m sure he’ll show up one time.”
“Oh. That’s a relief, I kinda miss that goofball as well..” Mina smiled again.
“He also..told me what happened before.” Sehun whispered, looking straight ahead. “from the day of the Spring Festival..” 

 

 

~~~

 

 


"It's getting chilly out here.. you better go inside." Sehun said with his usual tone.
"What about you?" she actually wanted to say the same thing to him before they become ice popsicles outside due to the cold weather. Summer is just around the corner but during late night, the breeze that hits them still feels so cold.
"I'll stay a bit longer. You go first, it's getting late."
Mina hesitated a little longer but she had no choice but to leave because Sehun seems like he wants to be alone. "Okay. But don't stay out too long. You might catch a cold. Good night." Sehun just nodded. Just then, he remembered the last time he had a cold, it was because he slept on the floor with..her.

When she arrived on the door step . She heard him called her name so she turns around.

 

 

"Uhm..here." Sehun held out a paperbag to her side. She looks at it before she hesitantly took it from him. After he's sure that she has her hands on it, he then let go and stands up. "What is this?" Mina asked looking up on him, at the same time opening and peeking on the inside of the paperbag. "A gift." Sehun shortly said. "Eh? what for?" Sehun glanced at her smiled a little but did not answer her, instead, "I'll head inside first," he just left.

Inside the paperbag, she saw a small clean white rectangular box with a big silky pink ribbon on it. Not knowing if it is fragile or not, Mina carefully took it out of the bag and held it with care. For a short period of time she admires the packaging. It looks like it contains an expensive thing. She can help but to feel all giddy for no apparent reason. She was never a fan of sparkling things and silver and gold but her mind is somehow anticipating for what's inside.
The tip of Mina's fingers reach for the end of the ribbon and gently pull it open. She then grabs the edges of the box and slowly lift it up. A flat rectangular white thing came into sight with Samsung written on the surface.

Ah, right. He's from Samsung family.

While she was observing it, it suddenly vibrated making her jolts in surprise that the phone almost slipped in her hands and made her nervous she may break it so soon.

Mina flips it around and saw the screen lighting up. There was something written and flashing on the screen. "Handsome..Hunnie..?" she reads. Then the screen turns black again. She giggled.


Handsome huh? He's so full of himself..really.

 

Answer it. urg! This is nerve-wrecking.. why am I this nervous. It's so not me!

Mina wasn't aware that someone is watching her from the window of his room.


Mina's round eyes widened again when she saw the screen brightens up again. "Handsome Hunnie calling"

Ofcourse she's not an idiot, she knows how phone works.. its just that...she's nervous as well, the reason why she can't just slide her finger on it and answer.


This will be my first time to talk to him..on phone..


Taking a deep breath, Mina slowly slides her finger to the green button and slowly places the phone she just got from him against her right ear. She shivered a little at the contact of the cold metal.

Setting her nervousness aside, she opens to speak. "Hello..?" she said in a very low voice and gulped.

"Hey." With that single word uttered, Mina fel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter