[07] Responsibility

[3] Blue Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

141213 A/N: a bit longer than usual I guess. kk A lot of P.O.V will be shown, I hope you won't get confused. :))  Another UPDATE of the week!! because I now have 500 SUBBIES!!! Wooooooohoooo

 

 

 

“I don’t get it..” Mina mumbled to herself as her head were almost in contact with the book she has, lying on her desk.

Exams were approaching which gives her more pressure than usual class she attends in everyday. She may be the most responsible one in their class but that doesn’t mean, she’s also intelligent—just street smart. Having the beauty and cuteness which others adore about her, she, on the other side is willing to trade it for a brain that will match up the standards. “I don’t even know what I don’t get” frustrated murmuring to herself.

 

“Aren’t you going home yet?” A familiar voice broke the silence of the empty classroom. She tore her burning gaze on the book that doesn’t even make sense to her to look up and see the person. He was there, leaning his back on the doorframe with arms crossed against his chest. “You go first. I’ll probably go home a little late today.” she informs him and gesture him away before turning back to her work.

 

 

 

“What are you doing?” Mina’s hand flew to her chest. She closed her lids for two seconds and exhaled to calm herself. “What are you, future spy?” she rolled her eyes and answered him anyway “I’m currently on the battle field with my greatest enemy.” Without making any sound like he always does, Sehun walks closer and leaned in to peek. “Mathematics..?” he asked, as if it’s not that obvious yet, numbers and sort of formulas written in her notes were exposed for his eyes. “No, it’s English.” she sarcastically answered and scribbled something in the clean sheet.

 

 

 

“Yah, give it back!” she yelled but Sehun held it even higher while narrowing his eyes to have a clearer view of what is written. A short chuckle was heard before he hands it back to her. “That was very simple, and you still got it wrong.” he said, sounding amused, it irritates Mina more. Her eyes twitched before she angrily went back to her seat. “Well sorry that I’m not as smart as you!” she harrumphed.

 

“Need some help?” Proximity sometimes bothers Sehun but he doesn’t know why when it comes to Mina, he’s okay with it even their cheeks were just inches apart from each other. He was leaning in from her back, chin almost touching her right shoulder and eyes locked on the notes infront of them. “No tha—“ Sehun snatched her book together with her notebook and pen using one hand and start gliding his right hands above the once clean sheet.

Before she can utter a word, Sehun already hand it back to her. “Finished, now shall we go?” Mina blinks at him in surprised and looks down on her notebook that Sehun place right infront of her face to see. “W….ow.”

 

She still couldn’t believe that Sehun was able to finished ten problems in one sitting and not just that, in less than two minutes. Yes, she’s aware that he’s intelligent just like nerds in their school but the time it took for him to finish a work that will probably took two hours for her instead of two minutes totally blows her mind.

 

The sound of her bag being placed on her table broke her loving gaze on her finished battle. Sehun himself put back her things inside and hand it back to her. As soon as it touches her fingers, Sehun pulled her up holding her wrist, and guiding her out in hurry.

 

 

 

 

“Guys, breaking news!!!” Chen burst in all of a sudden in the lounge at the school.

Just like what they always do every morning, the boys of EXo-M will gather in their exclusive lounge where they’ll eat breakfast, have a small talk if there's something that needs to talk about and play around before the dreadful day of studying. All heads inside, turned to him that instant. As soon as he attracted the attentions, he let it out. “They broke up” and before someone can ask him who, he added…”Lu-ge and Noona.” 

 

 

Tao stood up in surprised and dropped his phone. Lay’s eyes widened but he remained in his seat. “You’re kidding right?” Kris asked as he set the English newspaper he’s reading aside. Xiumin rushed back from the kitchen side. Chen can be very playful but can also be serious at times, so that moment, they do not know what to believe.

 

Chen sighed and slowly made his way to the couch were the 3 were sitting around. Four pair of eyes still following his every movement, wishing for the same thing—he’s not serious. No one attempt to speak up. They have witnessed all the hardship that Luhan went through in pursuing her years ago, how love tested them in the process and how perfect they look for each other. Apart from that, they were already married; breaking up is not a simple thing from now on.

 

 

Chen took the chair—also known as Luhan’s chair—located in the middle of two long couches in both sides and looks at his friends’ faces.

It took everything for him to not burst in laughter seeing their serious expression. Making fun of them was really his thing. Chen braced himself before he let out his most famous word. “Kidding!”

 

~~~

 

 

“No one’s gonna help me here?” Chen ask glancing at his friends, trying to make them feel guilty but everyone just ignored him busy doing their own business. Tao is still in his phone playing games, Xiumin went back to prepare the food with Lay’s helping hand and Kris, is now sleeping. Minute ago, he got attacked with punches and couch’s pillows.

 

“Aw,” he yelps while putting medication on his arm, there were clearly a scratch “Tao! You nearly skinned me alive!” Chen wailed at him. Tao just gave him a burning stare before he averted his gaze on the other side of the glass wall and hide his phone to his jacket “you deserve it” he muttered still feeling really annoyed.

Tao still can’t calm himself. Although he’s always not in good terms with Luhan if you look at it outside, he still cares for his gege. They may look like Tom and Jerry all the time but Luhan still treats him like a real brother. They even stayed up overnight once when Tao was feeling troubled and Luhan talked to him to comfort him. He does love him, he cares for him and he wants his happiness. Now that she came to him, he knows that his brother will be happy. It hurts him to think that they’ll be separated, also because he likes Nari for him, too much.

 

“Chen, please, don’t do it again. Especially not that one, it’s really not funny at all.” Lay scolded as if he’s just giving an advice. He came back holding the pancakes they’ve made. Although they have several chefs around all the time, they still sometimes insist on doing such. Nari was the biggest influence of that change in the way they live. She taught them many things in life. Although Lay also doesn’t have a maid in his house and he does all the work by himself too, the way Nari explains things to them makes it more meaningful.

 

“But seriously guys..” Chen called out for their attention again but even Xiumin who’s just sitting an arm away didn’t even take a glance at him, uninterested. He ignored the lack of attention he’s receiving and continued anyway. “I don’t think they’re in good terms. His car hasn't arrived yet, he’s still not here, also when I’m on my way to the locker room I saw Nari getting out of Sehun’s car. They have this so called schedule right? I mean, who should be with her during certain hours--that kind of deal. We all know that Luhan-ge will always drop her here before the start of his class together with the two of you right? Don’t you think this is a bit unusual? If they’re still good, they should be here by now, acting all lovey-dovey..”

 

“Was that a real thing now?” Lay asked calmly. Chen nodded like an innocent puppy. “I’m stating facts people.” he said defensively.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Brace yourselves.” Chanyeol whispered. “Awkwardness approaching.. toot toot” Baekhyun added playfully.

 

The boys were all lined up in the parking lot waiting for Sehun’s arrival and they seriously weren’t really expecting Nari to arrive together with him, especially Chanyeol… after saying such words about Sehun relationship with her. Although they were close already, awkwardness is still there. Even during Luhan’s proposal was a bit forced.

 

“I am fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter