[06] Priority

[3] Blue Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

141207 A/N: This is longer than usual chapter to make up with the previous (short) update..and because I just finished reading Inkheart.. here’s a short quote for you guys that is somehow related to this chapter..

 

‘Books are like flypapers. Memories cling to the printed page better than anything else.’ –Silvertongue, Inkheart

 

 

 

 

 

It’s Sehun’s fifth consecutive nights in Sunwoo’s house, but everything still feels new to him.

The wall is covered with thin torn wallpapers instead of neatly painted wall covered with high class paint. All the doors creak once you attempt to open or close them. The small windows have metal barriers—which is new to him— and the glass attached to it was covered with cracks. The couch can’t escape him eyes too, the surface is neatly covered by a flowered fabric that seems to be handmade but once you took a seat on it, the insides will surely make a sound too as if the springs inside were covered in rust.

 

The apartment itself looks old but apart from that, the interior of the house looks inviting and neat. There’s no dust on top of the tables and other furniture. The kitchen is very organized. The bathroom’s tiles are as white as sheep’s wool. Sehun even took note of the pail and the absence of the shower which is new to him. The bedroom where he always wakes Sunwoo every night doesn’t have a bed, but just a thick blanket lying on the clean floor but Sunwoo still call it a bed. There were clothes on the floor because there’s obviously one cabinet on the corner of the room for it, but it’s neatly fold and well organized. Since its winter, he also looks for a heater but he failed to find one. It makes him wonder,  how did the house stays warm?

 

In total, their house is even smaller than his own bathroom inside his own room. Sunwoo living there alone seems relevant but the fact that he’s living there with a noona..it’s seems inappropriate because of the lack of space for the two of them. He can only think that his sister is probabl quite small.

 

Although he’s a bit uncomfortable sitting on the ground that is not covered with soft carpet nor a marbled or tiled one, but with just thin linoleum he still don’t want Sunwoo to be aware of it. The child served him a bottled water that is not even cold, “we don’t have refrigerator hyung, sorry” he mumbled to him. A small bowl of washed cherry tomatoes came next. Sehun wanted to help the child in carrying those with his little hands but he’s afraid that if he’ll move from his current sitting position, he’ll break something with his long legs.

 

 

“You’re eating vegetables again?” Sehun just nodded.

She smiled and taps his shoulder. “That’s nice. I bought cherry tomatoes, want some?” she offered and pushed her small container to his side. The trio snickered at the side as Sehun picks up a piece and stared at it.

“Oh, he’s going to eat the ‘flavored carton’.” Minwoo sing-sang and the twins hi-fived each other while chuckling.

Sehun couldn’t do anything else but to shoot them with his deathly glare as he chew his least like vegetable.

 

 

 

A small hand appeared in front of him. He followed it and the line ended in Sunwoo’s smiling face. “It’s Noona’s favorite, but I will just tell her that ate it. Eat up hyung.” It’s true that he doesn’t like eating tomatoes, but does he have a choice? He’s stuck eating vegetable when he’s hanging out with Mina before, fruits when Nari’s around and now, even the kid is feeding him the same kind. Do I look like undergoing malnutrition to them? “Uh Sunwoo, you can only convince hyung to eat that, if you’re going to share the bowl with me.” he child nodded, agreeing and they started working.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung!” Sunwoo jumped from his seat inside the convenient store and ran to his side. Sehun bowed to the ahjumma on the counter to sense his arrival. “You came today.” A small smile appeared in her lips. Looking down on Sunwoo clinging in his leg, the child also gave him a knowing smile. No one knew that they were still seeing each other in his home, even his sister. The child, so as Sehun, knew that it’s a bad idea to hide a secret to his sister but they can only think that he’s helping his sister by not being a burden. “I let him in, because it’s really cold outside” ahjumma informed him. “Thank you” was his short reply, though saying those words seems very foreign to roll in his tongue.

 

Holding his tiny hand, he guides him back to his previous seat on the corner of the shop. “I bought you dinner. I want you to share it with your noona, okay?” Sunwoo eyes that were looking in his face turned downwards and his eyes widened at the sight. “Pizza?” he threw a surprised look on Sehun. He looks back on him with furrowed brows. “You seem very surprised” he commented with a soft smile. The child didn’t answer him and kept his gaze on the flat large box in his lap.

 

Upon watching him, Sehun found out the reason himself. He probably rarely eats that food. Everytime he’s buying him chicken, beef parts, cakes and chocolates during their study session, his eyes would spark just the way it is now. He, as the heir of Samsung, eats in fancy restaurant with serving that is measured by a pinch of a hand and yet costs dollars while this kid feels like he won billion dollars upon seeing such foods he sometimes ignores.

 

They were really living in different world, in totally opposite sides.

 

“I just stop by to give you that, hyung needs to go somewhere tonight..” the child look at him waiting for him to finish his sentence, slightly jutting his lower lip in disappointed hearing the news, knowing where this is heading. “I’m sorry that I can’t tutor you later. Will you forgive hyung? I promise to stay longer tomorrow if you want me to.” There’s an event that Sehun needs to attend, his parents asked him to take part in it instead of them, in order to get acknowledgement from their business partners.

 

The child took a breath and pouted, making Sehun feels a deep guilt burying him. “I understand hyung, but promised me you’ll buy ice cream tomorrow night..” At times like this, Sehun regretted introducing ice cream to him, what if he catch a cold and he’s surely the one to blame. “Alright!” As if Sehun’s words is not believable, he held up his small pinky finger. “Promise me.” he said with a serious facial expression which Sehun finds adorable. He took it and wraps his long and slim finger around his tiny one. “Promise”

 

Sehun stood up and took his coat off. He’s still wearing his uniform jacket and he’ll ride his car on the way home anyway. He draped his jacket around Sunwoo’s small figure and patted his head gently. Sehun chuckled at how small Sunwoo look under his black jacket.  “I’ll see you tomorrow.” After seeing Sunwoo’s nod, Sehun left the store.

 

 

 

~~~

 

“Where are you now?” Suho asked. He’s on the other line, Suho is part of a business in parallel to Sehun’s. “The event is about to start.” he added. “I’m on my way hyung. I’ll be there in a few minutes.”

 

He wasn’t expecting a traffic jam on the way that is why he didn’t hurried himself in preparing. Turning on the radio, Sehun leaned back to his seat while waiting for the car infront of him to move as his eyes started looking around. His wandering eyes layover in the small playground in the middle of the busy city. As he stared at it.. his vision started getting blurry. Blinking, he the other side. Rolling the windshield down, Sehun reached out to check outside using his gloved left hand.

 

 

“First snow..” he murmured seeing droplets of tiny cotton balls resting on his black leather gloves.

 

 

"Where were you during lunch?" Sehun asked as they walks on the same path to buy icecream after they had the snowball fight. "There's a meeting, remember? Shall I remind you again that your friend is the class president of her class?"  She looks up on him and met his eyes. "Yeah, I forgot." Sehun smiles shyly and rubs his nape with his right hand before tucking it back to his pockets. He doesn't want her to know that he actually looked for her as if she's the world to him--which is basically true. Why does she always look adorably cute everytime she looks up on him? Sehun thought and smiled foolishly on the ground afraid to get caught.

Aren’t you cold?” Sehun asked changing the topic to stop himself from blushing.

“No, I’m fine. How about you?” she asked back. He just shook his head and showed her a small smile before averting his gaze forward, still smiling. "You know, your smile looks creepy..” she told him while trying to keep her hair in its place, the strong wind hitting them keeps ruining it.

“Oh yeah?” He leaned closer wearing an even creepier grin.” Mina pushed his face. “Stay away from me, you creep.” She yelped pushing his shoulder away from her before she ran ahead.

Sehun smiled again and followed her. Sometimes, he feels that his jaw will fall off one time because of his constant smile and laughter whenever they're together.

 

 

Suddenly, Mina stops. Sehun stared at her back, wondering.

Before he could ask..she turned around, her orbs met in the middle. He faked a gasp and chuckled. “What happened to you?!” he came closer and Mina pointed her nose to him. “Look!” she instructed with a wide smile.

 

Sehun caught a glimpse of it because it melted on the tip of her nose. He used his index finger to wipe it off and almost at the same time, they look up. As if it’s waiting for their attention, thousands more fell above them.

 

“First snow..” Mina mumbled, blinking her eyes to get rid of the droplets stuck in her long lashes, still stubbornly looking at the sky.

Sehun gave up the moment one droplet went straight to his orbs. He then decided to just watch her. Her eyes look delighted and her chapped lips were parted in awe. She’s surely enjoying it.

 

 

Smiling at the sight, he joined her again, staring at the sky above them.

 

 

 

 

“Goodnight our dear Sunwoo-ya.” Mina soothes his hair before she leaned in and kissed his forehead. She even giggled slightly when Sunwoo started snoring. Truthfully, she wasn’t able to hear it for the past few days no matter how long she stayed in their so called bed. It worries her, is he not getting a nice rest?

 

She's not aware that Sunwoo is just faking his sleep, he would just stay in bed with closed eyes till she walks out of their house because few minutes after that, Sehun will come. Though sometimes he really fell asleep, he just can’t resist it when his sister is singing borrowing an angel voice every time. Now that Sehun told him that he can’t come, he drifted to dreamland right away while listening to his sister’s lullaby.

 

When Mina was about to leave, her eyes caught something. She carefully walked to the other side on the back of Sunwoo. She pulled up the blanket covering the dent on her brother’s back and there she found a cloth. She pulled it slowly, careful not to wake him up and held it up with both hands. It was a jacket, definitely a male

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter