[26] COMFORT

[3] Blue Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

150513 A/N: Surprise! Double update today. (C.25 & .26) ^^ I don’t have anything special for C.28.. so let’s just pretend that it’s already the chapter with 8 on it. haha

 

 

 

 

 

After dinner everyone except for Sehun who chooses to rest early, all headed to the beach to watch the fire dance and other performances the hotel prepared for the guests. The boys want to get some drinks on the bar. Of course Nari didn’t let them drink but they still went there to have fun.

 

“Is there something bothering you?” Luhan sat next to Nari. “Oh, n-nothing.” She flashed him a forced smile and shook her head. “Don’t mind me.” She looks up on him and noticed the glass in between his fingers.

 

“Yah! I said it’s not allowed!” she hissed. “Tch, you’re such a party-pooper, baobei.” Luhan said grinning and holding the glass higher. “Yah!” she whisper-yelled trying not to attract unwanted attention and pinched his arm. “Ouch!” he jolted up and rub his the spot in his arm.“Relax…it’s just a juice! Try it yourself!” he shoved the glass in front of her. Nari scrunched her nose at the strong scent coming from it and she can tell it’s made of lime juice but they surely add another thing on it. “Nevermind.”

 

“There’s a lot pretty girls around. Lucky Xiumin and Kris, there’s no one around to stop them.” Luhan sing-sang. She nodded absentmindedly then his words hit her. “Mwoh?!!” she stood up with wide eyes. She couldn’t believe her husband just said those words right in front of her. Although, it’s supposed to be a tease or a kind of taunt, it still strikes her like thunder bolts.

 

“Fine, now you’re FREE!” she yelled at him and about to walk away, but he caught her wrist just in time. Nari didn’t dare to look back at him as she felt hot tears threatened to fall from her eyes any minute now. She felt him went behind her. He releases her wrist and wrapped his arms around Nari’s small waist. He then rested his chin in her left shoulder and faces the crowd again. She followed his gaze forward.“They may look prettier, they may look way hotter, but this one in my arms is all I need.” Luhan whispered in her ears. The music around is so loud that could break your eardrums but all she can hear that moment is him, as if it’s just the two of them. His words lingering in her ears and his warm embrace, it’s just him.

 

The couple stayed like that for a couple of minutes bragging to the world that they belong to each other. Nari soon softened and calm herself, she then tilted her head to the side and pecked his cheek. “Wo ai ni lao gong(husband)~” he straightened his back wearing a complete surprised expression. “la-o g-gong?” he stuttered.  “Why?”

 

He swiftly turned her around to face him and cupped her cheeks. “Are you even aware that’s the first time you said an informal mandarin word to me?” he told her with his crooked smile and she blinked at him innocently in return. “Really?” he nodded repeatedly in glee. “You like it?” he immediately shook his head. “No, I love it!” He grinned and pulled her in a hug. He s his left arm on the back her head slowly pulling her off as his other hand went back to the side of her left cheek running his thumb across it. As if taking it as a cue, Nari closed her eyes and waited for his soft pair of lips to claim hers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Urg! Why can’t I sleep?!

 

Mina mentally groaned, tossing and turning on her bed. Her body feels tired but her mind won’t let her rest. Sunwoo is now sleeping in Jimin’s arms, as requested by the child. Sunwoo and Mina have been with Jimin for the past three years and Sunwoo treated her as his own sister too and Jimin treated them as her family as well. Jimin keeps on murmuring in her sleep but luckily it doesn’t disturb the child’s slumber. Sunwoo also played a lot the whole day. It wasn’t his first time in the beach being born in Busan, he grew up with beach within his reach but he still gets really excited as he’s surrounded with friends and big brothers.

 

The scene earlier in the tennis court keeps on bugging her.. as well as Sehun’s words.

 

She then decided to get some fresh air thinking it will make her feel sleepy and calm. She walks to their room’s small balcony closing the glass sliding door after her. She rests her arms and shifted her weight on the railings in front of her. All she can hear now is the water hitting the sand’s surface and stones also the sound of the soft wind swirling around, very relaxing.

 

Just a few minutes after, she saw a figure walking closer to the water alone. All she can see from her place is the top of his head and his back, but that’s already enough for her to know who he is. She has no idea how, she doesn’t know, maybe because she just knew him so well after days of walking behind him whenever they go out of the school. Mina slowly opened the glass door again, careful not to wake Jimin up in the process and tiptoed to grab her slippers on the side.

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

There he is!

 

Mina kept herself hidden in the dark as she watches him sneakily. She just feels like doing that. It seems like her childishness wants to crawl out of its hard shell every time she sees him alone with himself, probably to or annoy him?

 

Careful than ever, Mina slowly made her way to follow his every step, hoping he won’t catch her by doing so. The way he walks, his back profile, she’s one-hundred percent sure it’s him. It’s like she’d known him for years already. She stops for a while to place her feet on his footstep in the sand to check his shoe size comparing hers, not a big surprise since every guy have larger size. She shrugged and smiled  as she looks up again at him.

 

He’s standing still facing the water and pulled out his slippers but did not roll his pants up and then steps in to the water sulking with eyes closed. Mina’s forehead creased when she caught a glistening tear falls out from his eyes. Unsure, if what she saw was real, she walks closer, still careful.

 

Wait! Is he planning something???

 

She covered her gapping mouth after realizing what he’s doing and started panicking. What should I do? Should I call someone? Or anyone?  She pulled a fistful strand of my hair in frustration and started taking step towards nowhere. She kept pacing back and forth absentmindedly in the sand. She’s really not good in this kind of situation, she can’t keep calm.

 

Is he really that depressed and lonely, enough to commit a suicidal act? He’s too young!

 

She couldn’t think of anything as her mind can’t decide which one to think first. Mina’s heart is beating so fast pumping so much blood in her system. Her whole body started trembling; the tip of her fingers flew in between her soft lips only to be clamped by her teeth. She simply don’t know what to do and how to handle it.

 

 

She looked back at him and saw him standing still, hands in his pocket and ….just standing.

She inhaled as much air as she could and pushed it inside her. She taps her forehead repeatedly for being such an ignorant human being.

 

Baboyah! What were you thinking?! He’s just  …enjoying the calm beach.

 

Her heart started to calm down, her hands are now back to its normal state as her mind silenced the tickling bomb inside. She watches him again, he’s just standing there. His shoulder moving up and down but it’s only because he’s breathing. Pulling out her slipper, she managed to sneak beside him again without being noticed. She slowly leaned her head forward to look at his face from behind. His eyes were peacefully close and his face looks calm like an angel.

 

This is the Sehun I knew. But he looks really serious now and it’s like he’s carrying a huge rock in his back. He has this expression written in his face, like he’s about to cry again. I hate seeing you like this Sehun, I don’t know why, but it hurts me, it’s like I’m the reason why you’re being like this..

 

Seeing him like this, he might end up what she was thinking he’ll do minutes ago so Mina decided to interrupt him. She knows that he might yell at her or scolds her after but she couldn’t care less. She places her right hand in his shoulder and straightened her index finger aiming to poke his cheek.

 

He slowly turned around, and shoot! She succeed. “Poink! Got you!” she exclaimed and smiled at him but he ignores her. 

 

Well what else should I expect?

 

She silently sighed, pulled her hand back to her side and look at his face to check. Again, he looks peaceful and calm. She stood on his side and mimicked him. Placing her both hands in her side pockets, pulled her chin up and closes her eyes.

 

It feels so good!  Mina let herself enjoy the breeze from the ocean’s surface, the sound of the wind brushing the leaves of the coconut trees and the waves of the cold water hitting her now bare lower legs.

 

 I can stay here all night!

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter