[03] Thankful

[3] Blue Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[141109] A/N: I will skip Luhan X Nari’s wedding.. sorry to disappoint LuRi’s shippers. I’m really sorry TT^TT I just don’t know how to write a wedding event because like what I’ve said before, never been to one since childhood. I tried thinking of it that is why my updates were getting slower because I don’t know how to start (aside from being busy). The other things in my mind were stuck because I have to write ‘the wedding’ first..so it became a hindering wall to me. >< And because I will only hurt Sehun more, if I write it. This story is for him, which means it’ll be his POV.. I don’t want to do that to him anymore. He had enough, so please forgive me. :’((

Also, about the program thingy that the EXO were preparing before… it was supposed to be for the start of the school year (I’ve mentioned ‘for freshmen’ ryt?) but if I’m going to start another year, that means we’re going to have a vacation thingy and I’m not yet prepared for that haha so let’s just think that it’s for Christmas event of the school ^^ LuRi couple just had a weeklong vacation to prepare for their wedding.

Let’s all ride the FAST FORWARD coaster now, shall we? ^^  >>>>>

Btw, long gray lines doesn’t always have to be tomorrow event, it can also be after a week or so. kk

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing here alone?”

Sehun hastily turned to the direction where the voice came from. His eyes widen at the sight of the person—the person he was trying his best to stay away from. Sehun was sitting on a stone bench in front of the oval of their school and playing with a can of black soda in one hand. “N-nari….”

Nari ran he hands on her back and tucked her skirt neatly under her. She sat beside him and heaved a sigh. “I noticed something..” she whispered, leaning forward facing him with palms on her side to support herself. She tilts her side to the side and observed Sehun’s face. “What?” Sehun spats and coolly drink his soda after crossing his long legs. Nari leaned back to her position and placed her palms back to her knees, soothing her skirt down. “You were obviously ignoring me..” she sadly murmured.

 

Sehun gulped down the soda he just put in his mouth and gaze forward in the wide green field. “I wasn’t…” he denied but as much as he knows Nari, she also knows him too well. “Sehun ...” He chuckled but she can sense the bitter taste of that chuckle that came out of him. “What? Are you going to apologize? Was there something to apologize for? You’ve done nothing wrong to me Nari. You have never committed a mistake!”

“Whatever you’re feeling now, just try to erase it, because I’m trying to do the same. If you feel sorry for me and if you keep showing me how you pitied me, it just hurts me more. You keep reminding me how broke I was before. I’m trying to move on Nari. Can’t you just help me with that?” Nari met Sehun intense gaze, she have never seen him this serious before. “Are you…are you asking me to stay away… from you?”

 

There was a long pause.

 

“No.” He looked down in between his thighs and intertwined his finger hanging in front of his knees. Nari mentally sighed in relief. “I just.. I can’t stay with you if he’s there. The wedding day is enough. I went there to give my blessing, you two saw me and I wasn’t lying when I congratulated you two. I guess..it’ll just take time to get over this. You’ve been everything to me for the past years and seeing you in the arms of someone else now still hurts me. But..” he trailed off and look up on her. “I will try to go back to the person you used to know. I will try my best to be your best friend again.” He flashed her a small smile. He turned to her and gently places his big hand above her head. “You just have to wait a little longer Nari..” he said as he ruffled her hair softly.

 

Sehun slung his bag on one shoulder and stood up. “I’ll get going first. Mom’s waiting.” Before Sehun could walk pass her, Nari grab his wrist to stop him from walking. He looks down on her hand wrapping his wrist covered in his uniform jacket. “Your parent’s aren’t home anymore. Soojung told me you rarely sleep in your house. Sehun please stop being like this. If you want me to stop caring for you, then please take care of yourself well.” He slowly unwrap her hand in his and uses it to tap the top of her head. “I will. Thanks for the concern.”

Sehun started walking again but Nari called out once again. He didn’t turn around but he stops walking to listen. “At least, ….call me …’Nana’… again. I hate it when you call me Nari, it sounds like you’re treating me like a complete stranger.” Sehun finally turned and tucked his hands in his pants’ pocket. “Nana it is then.” He quickly turned around again and left the place.

 

 

 

 

“Aren’t you going to eat?” Suho worriedly asked Sehun while the rest were just enjoying their meal like it’s the first meal they ate for 3 days. “I’m not hungry, hyung.” he whispered to the older. Suho sighed and pushed his untouched food to the younger. “It’s lunch time Sehun. You need to eat.” he insisted. “I’ll just get my own.” Suho stated as he gets up on his seat to buy another set of food. Sehun reached out and placed a hand on the latter’s shoulder. “I’m really fine, hyung. Thanks for the concern.” he told him and stood up. Kai also stood up but Kyungsoo stops him. Sehun left the table without a word.

 

“He’ll be fine, for now we should just let him alone.” Kyungsoo calmly told Kai. Sighing deeply, Kai took his seat again. Suho did the same but his eyes were still locked on the doorway. “Is he still not over her yet?” Chanyeol asked seriously, he rarely gets serious but he knows when he has to be. “Seems yes.” Kyungsoo answered for him. “I lost my appetite now.” Baekhyun declared and threw his chopsticks on the table. “It’s so hard to watch him like this, that kid doesn’t deserve all this!”

 

 

 

 

Sehun’s brown soft hair sways with the wind, eyes fixed on the scenery below him and arms resting on top of the railings of the rooftop. Sunlight is directly hitting him but he doesn’t mind because its winter anyway, the winds were cold enough to cover up the heat. Going to rooftop became his thing, he unexpectedly enjoys the peacefulness there. He found out that it is indeed true that going there always helps a bothered person. It cleans your mind and your heart even just for a few minutes.

 

 

 

 

Sehun stops in one of the convenient stores along the way to buy his usual snacks before their practice starts. He parked his car on the side, grabbed his thin wallet of cards and went straight inside with his long strides.

When Sehun’s done paying, he exited the store holding the black plastic lazily on his right hand. He was about to enter his car when he saw something, rather someone. There’s a child outside the store, looking down on his feet swinging under him because the seat is too high for him. Sehun closed his car door and slowly made his way to the child.

 

Not bothering to say ‘hi’, Sehun sat down beside him on the bench he was sitting on. The kid glanced at him with puzzled look but all that Sehun did was crossing his legs and stared ahead. Minutes passed and Sehun’s brows began closing the gap between each other. Wasn’t kid supposed to be talkative? He glanced at him again and he’s just swinging his feet under him and looking at it, just like how he saw him earlier.

Sehun turned to his other side where he put down his plastic bag of foods. He checked what he bought and took one something. He turned around again and held out an icecream stick on the child’s side. It immediately caught the attention of the other and made him more puzzled at the older’s behavior. He stared at it for a few seconds and removed his eyes away from it right after. Sehun amusingly smiled at the reaction he got. He pulled it back to his side, unwraps it and broke the two-bar ice cream before handing the other one to the kid beside him, the other bar went inside his mouth. He hands it to him again.

Using his other free hand , he pulled out the one in his mouth to talk freely. “Aren’t you going to take it?” Sehun was half-amused and half-annoyed at the situation he was in right now. The child glanced at it and looks away again. “Aish seriously, just take it! I’m being kind right now and yet you’re being …urg nevermind.” Sehun said and ate his part; he broke the parts of it using his teeth and chewed the icecream, annoyed.

 

 “Noona told me never to talk to strangers and most especially never to take anything from them.” The child murmured but Sehun heard it well. He turned to him again and locked his gaze on him. The kid looks too tiny compare to his height, he’s not chubby or thin, and his eyes were deep looking too. He wasn’t smiling either. The longer he looks at him, the more he could see himself to him. It’s like the kid were shutting the world around him. He sighed and erases the thought.

 

 

“Here.” he attempted offering it again. “I ate the other half, it’s safe, believe me. If I’m trying to hurt you with it then I’ll be hurting myself too.” The kid glanced at it once again and for the first time, met Sehun’s eyes. His eyes were urging him to take it and so, he did. “Isn’t it cold already? We’re eating ice cream on winter?” The child asked using his soft voice. “You haven’t tried it before?” Sehun faked a despair gesture and turned to him again. “It’s one of the best feelings in the world!!” Sehun told him with exaggerated expression and gestures.

The child smiled upon seeing the older like that. When Sehun saw him smile for the first time, he became more eager to pull out the laughter hiding in his tiny body. He may not be able to heal himself that fast, but he could at least lessen the burden others have. It makes him feel lighter in abrupt, unexpected way.

 

 

“It will melt soon..” he reminded him. The kid looks at it shortly before engulfing it with his small lips. “Delicious, isn’t it?” Sehun smiled at the child waiting for his answer. His smile grew even wider when the child nodded his head multiple times and ate the rest like it was his first time eating an ice cream. Sehun just watched him eat and took out his car’s tissue box to help out since the kid is a little messy eater.

 

 

“It’s really delicious hyung.” The child even showed his thumb to Sehun. He smiled back and wiped the last spot on the corner of the child’s lips using his thumb. “It sounds like it’s the first time you ate an ice cream.” It was supposed to be a joke but he didn’t expect that it will only trigger an emotion from the child. “I never ate ice cream before. Noona and I only buy things we really need like ric

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter