[04] Smile

[3] Blue Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[141121] A/N: first of all.. mentally thank the person who just commented in You're Mine haha bcos...before I came here, I made a desicion that I won't update today if I didn't see any comment.. and thankfully there's 1 !! so thank her mentally or whatever.. bcos of her, I am here now, giving an update. ^_^ NOT edited, I'm very sleepy now.. ><

 

 

 

 

 

“I thought you’re going to ask me something?” Mina stated while stirring her drink.

Sehun brought her to a Bubble Tea shop he always visit before going back home or to his hiding spot on top of a hill.

Sehun look up on her, a little shock. He thought she already forgot about it. ”uh..about that..I-I forgot, forgot about that” he stammered.

“Eey, I know you still remember it. Com’on don’t be shy Sehunnie~” Mina cutely said that made his cheeks slightly flushing.

“I told you not to call me that..” he whispered while avoiding her gaze.

“Sehunnie? Why? I think it’s cute.” she told him and smiled at him before taking a sip on her drink.

 

“I really forgot about it.” he murmured still staring at his drink.

“Really? Okay… just tell me as soon as possible when you remember it.” Sehun slowly nods gripping his cup of Bubble Tea.

“This is really delicious. Thank you for treating me today, next time I’ll be the one to pay, okay?” Sehun nodded again, not uttering a word and forced a smile.

 

 

Truthfully, he still remembers it, he just don’t want to say it yet. He couldn’t grasp the courage to ask her to be his partner. The Winter Ball is approaching and he still doesn’t have a partner for the said night. She knows Mina for 8 months already but still, he can’t do it. He shouldn’t be called a man at all. He’s a real coward.

For the past months of hanging out with her, he witnessed several rejected offers. For those 8 months, he saw 3 rejected faces after they confessed their love and affection for her. She never goes out with anyone unless they are her friends—which includes him. Hence, he also found out that Mina is not really interested to enter a relationship; her focus was solely in her studies and helping her ill Grandmother.

 

 

“Do you always buy your drinks here?” Mina inquired while looking around.

“uh, yes. I always hang out here. How about you? What do you do after school when we’re not playing tennis?”

She ran her slim finger around the plastic lid of her drink before answering him. “I always head to the bookstores for a few minutes then I’ll go home after looking at the books.”

“Books” Sehun sighed, “exactly ‘not’ my type” and he chuckled.

“Yeah, you look like a person who will just read manga instead of a real book.” she commented.

“You’re right.” Sehun agreed, lightly chuckling. “

Why do you go to the bookstore instead of the library?” Sehun asked with an arch brow.

“Because…uh..well… I like books but I am not the type who uses books to study, I use them to entertain myself.” Mina saw Sehun’s confused face so she continued.”I only read fiction books, those that have stories in them, romance, mysteries, sci-fi and the likes. I truly enjoy reading them. They were like sending me to other world we didn’t know existed.”

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

“Noona, where have you been?” Mina was a little startled when she saw her little brother sitting on their dining table. She immediately went to sit beside him and soothes his hair.

“Noona just went out to jog. I told you before, noona needs an exercise, remember?” she smiled at him and pulled him closer for a side hug. “I’m sorry for leaving you Sunwoo-yah..” she said while softly tapping the other side of his head.

 

She did lied. As much as she hates keeping things to her brother, she doesn’t have any other choice. She doesn’t want to tell him about her job, apparently her third job already because it will only make him more worried about her.

“I’m hungry, noona” was all he said. “Oh, yeah right! I’ll make it now.” she told him and stood up to their small kitchen. Their kitchen is just few steps away from their dining table. You can’t even move around comfortably because of the lack of space around the house.

 

 

The siblings rented a small apartment for them to stay, a house enough for just the two of them. It would look like an abandoned house from outside but Mina made sure that it wasn’t like that inside. She always cleans the house and even decorated it for Sunwoo to like the place and love it as well as he love his previous home. She may not be capable of replacing their mother in his heart but she was trying her best to be one for him.

 

Mina’s daily routine will always start in delivering milk, then followed by feeding her half-brother and packing his lunch, sending him to school, proceed to her first work in the bookshop till it closes down at four in the afternoon, eat with him on the convenient store, tucking him to bed, go out again for another work in the bubble tea shop from 6-11 in the evening and finally going back home to sleep for few hours.

 

It may look hard to others but for Mina, as long as it will keep them alive, she’s willing to take it all. After losing her Grandma—who took care of her 3 years ago, her father that is nowhere to be seen, her mother who died with her new husband—who is Sunwoo’s father, Mina has no one by her side now, she only has Sunwoo as her family and for her, he’s more than enough.

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

“Oh my eyes!” Chanyeol suddenly cried.

The boys turned to look at him and found the giant covering his face with his huge hand and peeking through the space between his fingers. They automatically followed his gaze and those pair of eyes landed in another tall figure—Sehun.

“Good Morning guys!” he beamed.

Kyungsoo observed him with his usual round eyes, Suho’s eyes seems confused for a moment. Kai’s brow is arching up and Baekhyun copied Chanyeol. “Save our eyes! Too bright.” he added.

“What’s with a smile?” Suho initiated.

“Cut that smile, we’ll be blind soon!” Chanyeol spoke again and just gave up since no one is paying attention on him aside from Baekhyun on his side, he taps Baekhyun’s hand that is covering his face and told him to end their act. Everyone’s attentions were on the bright Sehun who took a spot on the floor of the practice room to join his friends.

“Nothing.” Sehun shortly replied and grab the snack resting in Suho’s lap.

“Oh yeah? You look like you just won million dollars..” Kai commented. “Is there something we should know about? Mind sharing it?” Kyungsoo asked, while everyone’s eyes were still on the youngest’s face.

 

“Nothing really, I just ..you know, found out a reason to smile.” he answered.

 

“Why do I suddenly have a feeling it’s because of a girl.” Chanyeol interrupts as he and Baekhyun went close to them. “I think so too. Is she pretty, huh maknae?” Baekhyun added after Chanyeol again. They always like copying each other, if it’s Chanyeol who will start, Baekhyun will follow or the other way around. “No.” he shortly replied.

 

“Eeey..” Chanyeol teased, not satisfied with the answer he got. “It’s not a girl, really. Something just happened yesterday and it made me think of things and so, I wanted some change. I decided not to waste time and stuffs.” he smiled again, that blinding smile that reached his eye making it disappears.

“Urg my eyes!” Chanyeol quickly stood up and ran in circle while covering his right eye.

“Let’s start practicing then, the others will come soon.” Suho said, gesturing everyone to stand up. “I heard that hyung will show up today..” Kai informed them as they dust of their pants. “You mean, Luhan? Yes, I heard from Kris too.” Suho confirmed and all eyes travelled to Sehun’s direction. “What? Tch, guys I’ve moved on, okay? You’ll be surprised soon that we’ll show up one time with my arm resting on the pretty boy’s shoulders. You’ll see.” Sehun said and saluted before running to his position in their dance.

 

 

“Well, that seems to be good news for us.” Suho murmured.

“Indeed.” Kyungsoo agreed.

“I’m still guessing it’s because of certain ‘someone’.. I just don’t have an idea who that is.” Kai wondered while his eyes followed Sehun’s movement.

 

“I’m sure we’ll found that out soon, but for now, let’s just be glad that the usual Sehun is back.”

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

“Good Morning!”

“Oh, good morning to you too.” Mrs. Jeon greeted behind the counter “You came early today” she added.

“Sunwoo asked me to take him to my friend’s house to play with my friend’s sister, he told me to go t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter