[08] Déjà vu

[3] Blue Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

141219 A/N:  we have now reached Chapter.08... if you're a reader of my previous stories.. you know what this mean right? it's ....yes, indeed, a 'Special' chapter!!! ^_^

 

 

 

 

(A/N: continuation of the flashback in our previous chapter)

 Mina watched Sehun from the back as they walk to the bus stop. Earlier, he just drags her out and hurriedly exited the school but until now, he hadn’t uttered a word.

 

His silence is very unusual. She also heard him breathing out every minute. Wrinkling her nose, she looks away and tucked her hands inside her uniform’s jacket. She gave him a last glance before shifting her eyes to the path they were taking. ‘I wonder what bothers him. Should I ask?’ she thought.

 

 

“Se—“ she got interrupted when Sehun suddenly stops and turned his heels back to her.  “Are you free this Sunday?” he let out, the words rolled in his tongue hurriedly. If it wasn’t because of the calm and quiet surrounding, probably she won’t be able to hear every single word. A gush of wind passed by, messing their hairs and create small waves on their clothing but Sehun’s serious gaze were still locked on hers. “Eh?” she uttered in surprised. “The Spring festival, can we go together?”

 

~~~

 

 

When Mina was finally alone walking on their neighborhood, she had more time to think by herself. She agreed and accepted Sehun’s invitation but she doesn’t know why that simple invitation impacted her.

 

It feels new to her, it feels like something stirring in her stomach. Sure, it’s just an invitation by a friend to hang-out since it’s an occasion to enjoy with your close friends, isn’t it? But it felt so much different when her girl friend Seolhyun asks her about the said festival.

 

Was it because she spends more time with Sehun? Was it because he’s a guy? Or was it because of the look he gave her when he asked it out? Those unexplainable stare waiting for an answer, those brown orbs that look like it’s pleading her to agree and that serious expression she rarely sees.

 

 

“Mina!!” a shout cut the train of thoughts she had in mind. One of their neighbors, a middle aged woman rushed to her. She saw the panicked look in her eyes and that instant she grew worried and scared on what she’s about to report to her. “You-your grandmother..” her eyes widened. “W-w-what about my grandma?” she stammered, heart beating fast. She looked over the shoulder of their neighbor and that’s when her sight gets in contact with a white van with the famous writing—ambulance. Without waiting for an answer, she ran around the woman and ran to their house as fast as she can. “Grandma!”  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh Lay! You’re finally he—“ Luhan stood up from the couch upon hearing the sound of Lay’s sliding wooden door. Luhan wasn’t able to finish his sentence at the sight of his wife, walking casually behind his friend. He also noticed that she’s still wearing her school uniform. “What are you doing here?” his tone seems very serious.

 

Is he still mad? Nari gulped but she ignored him and went straight to follow Lay to his room, passing Luhan without a glance. Luhan’s eyes followed her movement. Lay surely saw him since he gave a wave at his direction, means he’s not invisible..so why did his own wife ignored his presence. Wasn’t he’s the one who should do that instead?

 

Luhan looked around once again and that’s when he remembered what just happened, his wife entered Lay’s room. They were alone. His wife with his best friend. Luhan’s eyes widened and were about run to his room and bang the door but it opened before his fist can make a contact with it. The two were discussing something while walking to a different direction opposite to where he is, to the kitchen.

 

“Lay.” he called. His friend turned back “I’m sorry Luhan, we’ve got something to do, I’ll talk to you later.” His friend told him. ‘We’ what a lovely word. Luhan scoffed and plopped back onto the couch. He tried watching a television but his mind is still wandering on whatever the two is doing.

 

He remembers Nari’s interest and baking and probably that’s what they were doing. Nothing dangerous could happen right? There’s no need to get worried. But unfortunately, he also remembered something, his wife once had a crush on his friend.

 

‘Aish!!’ Luhan hastily stood up from his seat and stomped his way to the kitchen. From the hallway’s view, he can see the two smiling and Lay was helping her in decorating something. Luhan eyed the two before he disappears to the living room once again. “I know what those two were planning, and it ain’t gonna work for me. Ha!” Luhan crossed his arms again leaned comfortable to Lay’s soft brown couch.

 

 

Few minutes had past and Luhan got thirsty so he decided to pay the bathroom a visit. On the way there, he won’t be able to avoid the two and he saw them standing so close to each other. The kitchen is a total mess and the apron they were wearing was covered with flour. His eyes traveled to her side that was connected on his friend’s body. But that wasn’t the peak yet, Lay’s hand went over her as they squeezed some cream out of the tube decorating the cake they’ve made and that’s when Luhan’s eyes  started burning up.

‘Don’t be jealous, don’t be jealous. You’re not gonna fall for that Luhan’ he muttered to himself repeatedly and went inside the bathroom, slamming the door close. “Damn it!”

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung!” a big smile appeared on the lips of the child when Sehun’s familiar tall figure came in sight but he didn’t jump off his chair like he always does. “You came again.” The ahjumma said. “Good Evening ahjumma.” Sehun smiled at her, a real smile, because he was thankful that she’s taking care of the child and even paying attention on him till her sister comes.

 

He patted Sunwoo’s head as a greeting and went to seat next to him. “How’s the exam yesterday?” he inquired. Sehun wasn’t able to drop by yesterday because there’s another business event he have to attend. Just like the usual, Sehun didn’t ask out a date to go with her and just went there to bore a hole in his seat. His colleagues sitting on the same table wasn’t able to do anything but to envy him for getting most of the attention, that even the LG’s grandson who were also strikingly handsome got ignored. When it comes to Sehun, the world is upside down. The girls will the one to approach him and will ask for a dance but of course, he’ll refuse.

 

Another grin answered him. “I answered them all. I also didn’t have a hard time in Math because of you hyung, noona can also teach me that but you make it easier. Many many thanks hyung!”

 

Sehun smiled back, proud that he was able to help him despite his busy schedule. He rarely spends time with Nari in which he felt really guilty for. His best friend was pretty much alone for the past three days because of her husband but he wasn’t there for her. He will just text her asking where she is, sometimes she’s in Eunji’s house, sometimes in L.

 

He doesn’t allow her to spend a lot of time in a guy’s house just like her husband, but after she stated the reason that L needs company and that they’re not alone, Sehun then let her. Before it was so hard for him not to see her, but now he can proudly say that he’s really on the right path of moving on. Also, he’s busy with their dance practice and he will only take a tour in his house to change his clothes and will go straight to Sunwoo’s house without even eating or having his dinner.

 

Seeing Sunwoo wipes all his tiredness. The child’s smile gives him warmth and comfort, like how it felt when he sees Nari’s smile or hears her laugh. It’s almost the same. You can say that he’s just using the child to forget the pain of not being with her before, but for him, it felt different. It also feels like they’ve known each other for a long time..

 

Sehun actually went to Sunwoo’s school to check his scores and was very happy to see that he got the highest score in their class. After hearing the news, he went straight to buy tickets. CoEx Aquarium Ticket. Sunwoo mentioned once that he wants to see fishes and sharks so it’ll be Sehun’s ticket to his happiness. He wasn’t exactly expecting him to be there since it’s already 6PM and was about to ask the ahjumma where his sister works so he can give it to her.

 

“Here.”  Sehun handed him an envelope that contains 3 tickets and smiled at him. “It’s my gift, you and your noona can go, you can also tell her to invite a friend so the three of you can enjoy together.” Having an intelligent mind, Sunwoo was able to read what’s written. CoEx Aquarium. His eyes almost bulge out. “We’re going to an Aquarium hyung?” he asked, eyes sparkling and loop sided grin was in sight. “Yes, you and your noona, you can also invite a friend.” Sunwoo’s sparkling eyes disappeared and were replaced with sorrow. “You’re not coming with us?” he sadly asked.

 

Sehun stared at the kid, comprehending what he just said. He wants him to join them? Sunwoo’s tiny hand grabs a fistful of his jacket and tugged it repeatedly. “Come with us, hyung. I want to go with you” he whined, pouting. “But..” he circled his arms around Sehun’s covered arm and jab his chin on it, looking up on him. “Please hyung..?”

 

 

 

 

 

Nari was walking together with Eunji on the way to L.joe’s car in the parking lot when a familiar black car halted beside them. “Lay oppa?” but Lay looks over her shoulder and not on her. “Eunji-ssi can I borrow your friend? I will take her home later. Don’t worry.” Eunji gave a curt nod, confused on his sudden appearance. Lay leaned towards and opened the door on their side.

 

Nari slowly went next to it and held the top of the door. “Tell L.joe that he can enjoy the ride today.” she tol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter